Being a fresh graduate can be quite challenging, especially if you’re just starting out and applying for your first job. However, if you have a passion for work and ready to take on a different challenge, then hunting for a job and applying for one may be one of the best endeavors you’ve ever undertaken in your lifetime.
Our more than 40+ examples of fresher resumes covering different professions are designed for freshmen and fresh graduates who are just starting out in their careers. We also have Sample Resumes that will help guide users in making the perfect resume for job applications. These are all free for downloading.
Professional MBA Fresher Resumes
MBA HR Resume
MBA Finance Resume
MBA Marketing Resume
Engineer Fresher Resumes
Mechanical Engineer Resume
Civil Engineer Resume
Software Engineer Resume
Accountant Fresher Resumes
Chartered Accountant Resume
Cost Accountant Resume
Best Accountant Resume
Air Hostess Fresher Resumes
Air Hostess Fresher Sample Resume
Best Air Hostess Management Resume
Professional Auto Cad Fresher Resume
Auto Cad Draftsman Resume
Auto Cad Operator Resume
A lot of companies today are looking for fresh graduates, especially in sales and marketing, and in countries with a strong IT hub, like those in the Business Process Outsourcing or BPOs. The reason for this is that freshers can be easily trained, are more obedient, and are cooperative when they’re asked by management to do things that are work-related. While there are a lot of challenges and the fact that companies are taking chances on inexperienced employees, they gamble on the fact that with proper training, these freshers will turn out to be top performers eventually.
On the other side of the coin, it’s always terrifying for a fresher to apply for a job. The academic environment he’s used to ever since primary school is totally different from the real world. In as much as academic institutions train students to become accustomed to a profession of their choosing, nothing can ever prepare anyone for the real thing. All too often, freshers are thrust into a working environment that they’ve prepared for in a theoretical setting but are a hundred percent inadequate in a practical setting. So how does a fresh graduate apply for a job with virtually zero experience? The key is in the contents of his or her resume.
Much like women who work and take on men’s jobs were frowned upon more than 50 years ago but eventually won their right to work on the same level as men, legislations such as the U.S. Equal Opportunity in Employment Act ensure fresh graduates are able to obtain jobs as experienced employees do. Even with no previous work experience, freshers today are more confident of landing jobs than their peers just a decade ago. Advances in academic training and the explosion of technology and computer-related courses have prepared schools to catch up on the level of training for such professions to their students.
To help guide freshers on how to outline their resumes in such a way that their skills are highlighted even with limited experience, we are offering a couple of examples that are custom-made for freshers. These samples and templates are aimed to guide freshers on how to write and what to include in their resumes. It’s important to note that spellings and punctuations are equally important when drafting your resume. Any typographical or grammatical error is usually fatal in a resume and will blow your chances of getting hired. Please check on a couple of our offered samples and use them as guides and reference to draft and compose your own resume. We also have Sample Resume Formats that individual job applicants can use to make their own resumes. These are all free for downloading can be printed if you choose to do so.
Graduate Fresher Resumes
B.com Graduate Resume
Post Graduate Resume
LAW Graduate Resume
Java Fresher Resumes
Java Developer Fresher Resume
Java UI Resume
Java Fresher Sample Resume
Management Fresher Resumes
Hotel Management Resume
Project Management Resume
Linux Fresher Resumes
Red Hat Linux Resume
Professional Testing Fresher Resumes
Software Tester Resume
Automation Tester Resume
Selenium Tester Resume
Based on the template examples presented here, a typical resume format has three kinds that applicants can apply on their resume. These are the acceptable and standard formats used in the industry and depending on your style or the position you’re applying for and any experience you’ve had, the three types of resume formats are as follows:
- Chronological Resume Format – This is the most commonly used resume format because it lists the applicant’s work history in a reverse chronological order where the applicant’s earliest work experience is placed on the bottom and the latest or most recent work is placed at the top of the list. while freshers may have a hard time filling their resumes experience-wise, they can put any experience gained like internships or any part-time jobs they undertook while studying.
- Functional Resume Format – This is the most preferred format by freshers due to the fact that this type of resume focuses on skill sets rather than work history. In a functional resume, the format is organized by different skills and experiences the applicant possesses. For a fresher, this is an opportunity to emphasize on the skills and capabilities he or she possesses to take on the challenges of the job he/she is applying for. This is better than having to detail work experience like the chronological format where the fresher has virtually no work experience he can list down except for school-related activities. Besides freshmen, this kind of format is also good for those whose work experience have gaps owing to periods between employments and those whose jobs are totally unrelated to each other.
- Combination Resume Format – This format is a combination of both chronological and functional resumes. Besides the list of work history in a chronological order, the applicant’s skills are also listed that may be relevant to the position being applied for. A freshman who uses this type of format may do so as long as he’s had experience working part-time and any extracurricular activities and volunteer work that he/she can add to work experience. For an individual who’s held a series of jobs, this type of format would be most useful because it highlights his/her experience besides the usual work history that he/she can list into.
You can check more samples of resume formats by searching in the search box at the topmost right side of our website, or you can look for more resume layout formats by clicking on the link for Sample Resume Layouts, which are all available free for downloading. You may use these samples as a reference when you draft your own resume or you can use them with minor editing or modification to fit your specifications.
SAP Fresher Resumes
SAP Fico Resume
SAP ABAP Resume
SAP Basis Resume
HR Fresher Resumes
HR Recruiter Resume
HR Assistant Resume
Sample HR Resume
Research Fresher Resumes
Research Analyst Resume
Equity Research Analyst Fresher Resume
Clinical Research Resume
Professional Oracle Fresher Resumes
Oracle DBA Resume
Oracle Developer Resume
Oracle Financial Consultant Resume
Diploma Fresher Resumes
Diploma Mechanical Resume
Civil Diploma Resume
Sample Diploma Resume
Nothing can prepare a student for the shock of being thrust into the real world no matter how prepared he/she is to tackle a job’s responsibilities at hand. That’s because in a school setting, everything’s presented theoretically. In the real world, you’re in a practical setting that no years spent in school ever prepared you for unexpected things that happen in one of your job responsibilities. For this reason, your resume should reflect your being a fresher so that your employer will be made aware of guiding you through the goings on in the company to prepare you step by step for bigger responsibilities at hand.
To make your resume as impressive as possible even if you’re just a fresher trying to gain experience along with a learning process that comes with any responsibilities, the following things should be included in your resume:
- Your Name and Contact Details – Your resume should include your full name and contact details including your email address. This is so that the employer will know who is applying and where to contact you for a written exam or an interview.
- Your Objective – Since you’re a fresh graduate and obviously lack work history and experience, you can still impress your employer by focusing on your skills and abilities. You can list and enumerate them according to what you think is the most important that can be applicable to your work like leadership skills, part-time jobs, and volunteer work that shows your ability to commit to any responsibility and exemplify your potential leadership skills. You must also mention your willingness to learn and be guided as you go along with your work responsibilities and also mention any awards that you got in school that will lend credence to your ability to achieve in whatever task is assigned to you.
- Your Educational Background – since you’re a fresh graduate, most employers tend to give weight to your highest educational attainment. If you’re a college graduate with a bachelor’s degree in any of the preferred courses, then you have a better chance than someone who’s a high school graduate. It’s a double advantage if you’ve taken up a master’s degree or have taken one of the professional exams that give you a better qualification to be promoted in the future. Don’t forget your GPA average if you’ve got good grades and list any honors or awards that you got.
- Any Work Experience – Having no work experience is not necessarily true for most graduates. Since schools encourage volunteer work, it’s advisable that you include this in your experience. Even workshop seminars that you attended should be listed and leadership awards that you’ve received.
Being a fresher should not hinder you from looking for a job. Remember that experience is a great teacher and you need to start somewhere. Don’t be disheartened if you’re rejected. Every applicant has experienced rejection at least once in his or her life. Even the most qualified applicant has experienced rejection, so don’t let it discourage you from applying with even more vigor. Now start writing that resume and pray that luck will be on your side when you hand in your first job application resume!
Please check our more professional fresher resumes at our site or click on Best Sample Resumes / CV if you need a cover letter sample for your draft. These are all free for downloading in either Word Doc or PDF file format.
26+ Professional Manager Resume Samples
32+ Executive Resume Designs
11+ Executive Resume Examples
31+ Executive Resumes in Word
12+ Executive Resume Samples
10+ Sample Executive Resumes
8+ Executive Resume Templates – Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Police Resumes
7+ Sample Police Officer Resumes
9+ Sample Administrative Assistant Resumes
10+ Administrative Assistant Resume Samples
11+ Sample Admin Assistant Resumes
15+ Sample Supervisor Resumes to Free Download
11+ Sample Supervisor Resumes
10+ Programmer Resume Templates – Samples , Examples & Format