When you get invited to a wedding, you usually check out the wedding program attached or included in the invitation that was handed to you. This wedding program outlines the series of events that will take place during the wedding celebration starting from the wedding ceremony until the end of the program.
A wedding program should be written in chronological order to make sure that the events will take place accordingly. It should also be written in a way that is easy to understand. The guests will be checking the wedding program so that they will know what to expect before the wedding day.
A wedding program can easily be said, but making it may not always be the same thing. If you don’t know anything about what goes around in a wedding event, then you’ll never be able to make one on your own. Luckily, there are now various ways on how you can learn to create one, and even make one on your own. Sample wedding programs and wedding program templates are now made available online. You can also download the samples that we have carefully picked and included in this article. Go ahead and check them out now!
Free Wedding Program Template
Wedding Program Guide
Why Do You Need a Wedding Program?
If you are planning on doing something, you would usually ask if it’s really necessary and if it’s worth doing. This is how you prioritize things and helps make your planning effective. So do you really need a wedding program? The answer is actually up to you since it’s going to be your special day. But just to let you know, we have here some reasons why a wedding program is being used.
- Having a wedding program allows the bride and the groom to thank their parents and the important people who have been with them for very long time.
- Wedding traditions that are not familiar to most guests can be explained during a wedding program.
- It is a nice and convenient way to entertain your guests after the ceremony while they are taking their meals.
- A wedding program lets you plan out something special for your other half if you want to throw a surprise for them or give them a thank-you speech.
- By having a wedding plan, your guests will feel that they are included in the entire wedding ceremony. It also helps them understand what is going on during the wedding ceremony.
- A wedding program is useful if you are having a religious or traditional wedding, and if your guests are from different cultures or faith.
- A wedding program would be likely used if you are going to throw a large wedding party. This will help you introduce the members of both the bride and the groom’s side, including extended family members and distant relatives.
Once again it is up to you if you will have a wedding program or not. The reasons that have been listed above are provided for you to know how they can help with your wedding plans. Whatever your choice may be, you should always make it count.
Sample Wedding Reception Itinerary
Free Wedding Template
What Are the Things That You Need to Include in a Wedding Program?
It’s not just enough that you know some of the many reasons why a wedding program can be useful. Of course, we wouldn’t want you to know just that. That is why we have also gathered a list of the things that should be included in a wedding program. Check them out below.
- The date and time of the wedding
- Where the wedding ceremony will be held
- The location of the wedding reception
- A design element that matches that of the wedding invitation letters
- The name of the bride and the groom
- A short statement about the couple
- The name of the guest the program is intended for
- The order of the events during the ceremony such as the following:
- the music or the wedding theme song
- the greetings
- the prayers
- the reading
- the exchange of wedding vows
- a list of the other ceremonies
- pronouncement of marriage
- A list of the people who are included in the wedding entourage
- The mass celebrant
- Directions to the reception
- The desired dress code
- A quote about marriage or love
Creative Wedding Program Template
Muslim Wedding Program
The Royal Wedding
How to Make a Wedding Program
You now know about the things that should be included in a wedding program, so you should be able to make one. You can download the wedding program samples and wedding program templates that we have included in this article to make your task easy and convenient. Really need to make your own? You can also use these samples as your reference to make sure that you are doing the right thing. So without further ado, here are the steps to help you make a wedding program.
- The very first thing that you need to do is decide if you want to have a wedding program or not. As mentioned earlier, it is not a must and it all depends on you if you want to have one. If you don’t want a wedding program, proceed with planning for your wedding. If you want to have a wedding program, check the next step.
- Make a list or an outline of what you want to happen in your wedding. List down the things that you want to include in your program. They are usually the time and date of the wedding, the wedding reception, where the ceremony will be held, the dress code, what type of ceremony is to be witnessed on the wedding day, and many more.
- If you are hiring a wedding planner, talk to them about the events that you want to happen on your wedding day so that they can help you on how to incorporate everything in the wedding program. Giving your preference or suggestion lets you add a personal touch to your wedding program.
- Consider a part of the program where the parents and the family of both the bride and the groom will be introduced. This is one of the many reasons why wedding programs are held so that the parents and the relatives of both sides will be able to know each other.
- Always make sure that important details, like the address of the reception and instructions on how to get there, are included.
- It is now convenient to make wedding programs through the use of a computer as there are a lot of design templates that you can choose from. Choose the template that you like. You can also match it with the design of your wedding invitation.
- Refer to your outline or your list and transfer them one by one to your desired template.
- Edit the template and the arrangement of the contents as you desire. There are no rules and no limits as to how you want it to look like.
- Reread your program making sure that you have checked for any wrong spelling and faulty grammar. This ensures that your wedding program is free of errors so that it will not be laughed at on your special day.
- Save your work and print as many copies as you need. Make sure to select the best type of paper where you will print your finished product. A card stock would be a good choice.
- Be creative and explore other ideas on how you can make your program presentable. Look for unique ideas online and add a personal touch to whatever design you have selected.
Sample Program for Catholic and Christian Weddings
Sample Wedding Reception Itinerary
Master of Ceremonies Wedding Program
Wedding Reception Order of Events
Romantic Weddings Program
Simple Christian Wedding Ceremony
Christian Wedding Ceremony
How Much Time Do You Need to Plan for Your Wedding?
Your wedding day is going to be your big day regardless if you’re throwing a big celebration or not. A lot of time and a lot of planning is needed to be able to have a successful wedding. The length of time spent on planning for a wedding largely depends on how grand or how simple the wedding would be, and the budget that you have for the wedding.
Most people would start planning for their wedding 4–12 months before the big date. This is believed to be enough time for all the preparations and to take care of the things that need to be considered. A wedding timeline has also been established to make the planning process easy and convenient.
Essential Tips to Create an Event Program
Benefits of a Return to Work Program
How to Develop an Effective Employee Training Program
How to Develop a Program Template
What Are the Uses of Program Templates?
How to Design Wedding Program Template
8+ Church Program Samples – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Funeral Program – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Church Program – Examples in Word,PDF
8+ Concert Program Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
5+ Audit Program Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Retirement Program Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Memorial Program – Examples in Word, PDF
8+ Safety Program Samples – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Safety Program – Examples in Word, PDF