A proposal is a written document sent out by one party to another for consideration or discussion. In businesses, a proposal contains an offer of a certain product or service to a potential client. One example of a proposal is a research proposal. Developing a research proposal requires a thorough research about a certain topic.
A business proposal is an essential document in every business. It allows business owners and companies to acquire new clients for their business and also for the purpose of expanding it. If you want to learn about catering proposals, read about it below. Templates are also available should you need them.
Restaurant Catering Proposal Template
Catering Contract Proposal
Proposal for Catering Service
What Is a Catering Proposal?
A catering proposal is an essential tool in every catering service. Many catering companies rely on a catering proposal in order to get a client. If a potential client shows interest in the services that your catering company offers, they will request for a catering proposal to be able to see further, a more detailed information about your company. The catering company provides a catering proposal to their clients and usually includes a menu, a quote, charges, etc. Some companies also provide these to their clients in the form of a catering proposal letter.
Components of a Catering Proposal
- Cover letter – a cover letter is the first section in a catering proposal. This includes an overview of the services that your company offers as well name, date, and time of the event.
- Menu – this section contains an itemized list of the food and beverages that are going to be included in your catering package.
- Total quote – this refers to the list or breakdown of the products or services including the charges for each item.
- Policies – just like in any business proposal, a catering proposal also contains the terms and policies of the company. It indicates the payment method and the number of guests that are going to be catered to.
Event Catering Proposal
Wedding Catering Proposal
Catering Menu Proposal
How to Write a Catering Proposal
If a particular client plans on having an event, he or she usually looks for a catering company to provide them with the catering service that they need. Since every client has different needs, a catering proposal is an important tool in every catering company. A catering proposal contains catering quotes, list of food, and the services that are going to be provided to the client.
- Write a cover letter for your proposal. This contains a summary or overview of the catering proposal such as the type of event, date and time, etc.
- Write in detail the menu or the breakdown of the food and beverages that are going to be served in the event. Typically, a catering company provides a number of choices with different budget types that a client can choose from.
- Specify the prices for each of the items in the menu.
- Write the fees and additional charges for the labor costs, rentals, decorations, etc.
- Based on all the information that your have written, write the final quote or the total amount of the proposal.
- Write the terms and policies in your proposal.
Also, catering proposal samples are available as reference when making one.
FREE 10+ Comparative Research Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 50+ Application Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Google Slides | Google Sheets | Keynote | Excel | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ DJ Contract Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 14+ Behaviour Contract Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 17+ Sample Recommendation Letter Templates for Employees in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ To Do Lists Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Graphic Design Contract Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Flooring Installation Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Event Planner Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Behavior Contracts in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Pages
FREE 5+ Roof Estimate Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Agreement Contract Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Software Distribution Contract Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Onboarding Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Google Sheets | MS Excel | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Case Study Release Form Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF