Lesson plans help school teachers arrange the sequence of the topic discussed in class. But the schedule and time allotment for each subject is on a different document. It’s called a school timetable. The students, teachers and other school staff use a timetable for different purposes. Here, we will look further into what a school timetable sample is and why educational institutions use such document. The downloadable school timetable templates below will help you visualize the layout and format of this exceptionally useful document.
FREE 20+ School Timetable Samples
1. Timetable Template
2. Revision Timetable Template
3. Exam Timetable Template
4. Free School Timetable Template
5. Free Study Timetable Template
6. Free Class Timetable Template
7. Home School Timetable Template
8. School Timetable Chart Template
9. Weekly School Timetable Template
10. Business School Timetable Chart Template
11. Free Kids School Timetable Chart Template
12. School Class Timetable Chart Template
13. Free Daily School Timetable Template
14. Free High School Timetable Template
15. Free After School Timetable Template
16. Free Blank School Timetable Template
17. Middle School Weekly Timetable Template
18. Student Teaching Timetable and Checklist Template
19. Sample School Timetable Template
20. Writing Practice School Timetable Template
21. Sample High School Timetable Template
What Is a School Timetable?
Primary schools, high schools, and universities use school timetables to show specific information related to class activities. Since primary school schedules are pretty simple, a timetable often refers to high schools. Schools use timetables to show the time slot allocation for each subject. In it, you will find information like the class or section, grade level, name of teachers for each subject, the time slot for each subject, the room and building numbers, etc. A school timetable design is simple. It is developed in a spreadsheet or table format to make it look neat and organized. This way, the students and staff can quickly find the sample schedule they are looking for.
Schools use timetables as part of their strategic planning. Through school timetables, the students and the staff can picture out classroom activities at any given time. With thorough sample planning, timetables help maximize a lot of school resources. These resources include the availability of classrooms, teachers, and material for instruction. You’ll see the schedule of classes and all relevant details in a printed school timetable format to document the planning process. With the availability of the class schedule, the faculty and staff can easily set appointments to meet with the parents.
How To Make a School Timetable
Looking at a copy of a school timetable will make you think that creating one is not that bad, after all. Well, if you think this way, then you should think again. The finished product strategy you’re looking at is destined to look neat and organized; that is why you find it easy to make. But we’re not here to discourage you from making one. We’re here to help you. So here are simple steps on how to prepare a school timetable.
1. Make a List
The first step is to make several lists. A to-do list or checklist template can better help you with this step. Before you get started with the format and design, you first need to list down the elements of the timetable and make a list of the things included under each category. The timetable consists of the learners, the teachers, the rooms, and the time slots. Make another list for each element. In a primary school timetable, your list of learners should include the grade levels and different sections. For the rest, make a list of the names of the teachers, available classrooms, and time slots. Complete your list before moving to the next step.
2. Assign a Time Slot
Now, this is the most challenging step. It’s the part where you’ll need to allocate a specific time slot for each group of learners and teachers. And don’t forget that in a secondary school timetable, you’ll need to consider the availability of the classrooms and the teachers and fit them in your time slot list. You can say that it’s similar to a problematic matching type exam. You can use the same steps when planning for an exam study timetable template.
3. Look for a Suitable Template
After strategic planning the time slot allotment, the next step would be to prepare the Excel spreadsheet for the timetable. Well, it does not have to be a spreadsheet. It can be any timetable template that is suitable for your work. You’ll find a whole collection of them online, so it’s where you should start looking.
4. Organize the Schedule
Label the parts of your timetable template in a way that it’s easy to read and understand. After labeling, add the information request form that you have prepared from the previous steps.
Why is a school timetable important?
A school timetable is important because of the following reasons:
- It ensures that teachers don’t get two back-to-back classes at the same time.
- It helps the students and the teachers established a natural class routine and rhythm.
- Through the timetable, students are aware of their class schedule for the day.
- It helps the school establishment an organized curriculum planning.
- It prevents schedule confusion among students and teachers.
- It is critical in the development of a school routine for all the students and the staff.
What are the types of timetables?
The different types of timetables are as follows:
- Consolidated Timetable – A timetable that has all the class schedules in a school.
- Class Wise Timetable – Determines the teacher and time slot for a particular class.
- Teacher Wise Timetable – Used by teachers to tell which class to teach.
- Teachers Free Period Timetable – Used by the principal in selecting a substitute when a teacher is absent.
- Games Time Table – Schedule of games or activities that a class can play at a specific time.
A well-thought-out school timetable will benefit all the students and staff. Not only does it prevent class schedule confusion, but it also helps in the establishment of a daily routine. And with the help of the samples above, you will surely find your work become a little lighter.
FREE 13+ Study Planner Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 17+ Sample Cleaning Schedules in PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Event Timetable Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 14+ Student Schedule Samples in PDF MS Word
FREE 27+ Printable Time Chart Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 15+ Study Schedule Samples & Templates in PDF MS Word ...
FREE 5+ Sample Time Study Templates in PDF
FREE 27+ Time Chart Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 14+ Monthly Calendar Templates in Google Docs MS Word ...
FREE 10+ Sample Activity Calendar Templates in PDF MS Word ...
FREE 9+ Sample Revision Timetable Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 10+ Preschool Calendar Templates in Google Docs MS ...
FREE 37+ Sample Weekly Schedule Templates in Google Docs ...
FREE 7+ Sample Seminar Planning Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 6+ Weekly Agenda Samples in PDF MS Word