Almost every manager or employer has experienced circumstances that necessitate the termination of the bond between the employer and an employee who is more of a liability to the company than an asset. It is in these instances that a reasonable ground for employment termination may arise.
A termination of employment letter or notice is a type of document that most states require companies to give to their employees weeks before the actual termination of employment. Here at sampletemplates.com, we have gathered a collection of termination of Employment Samples that are available for free download.
Sample Notice of Termination of Employment
Sample Letter of Termination of Employment
Voluntary Termination of Employment
Termination of Employment Contract in PDF
Termination of Employment Agreement
Employment Termination Notice: Ending It Well
Any contract of employment may be legally terminated in numerous way. Whatever the impetus for a termination, it is important that the employer will serve the employee due notice or vice versa. Due notice means that there is a specific duration of time (usually 1–2 weeks) before the actual termination of employment. The reasons for doing this are the following:
- So that the employee can prepare himself/herself before he actually loses his/her job. This gives him/her enough time to apply for a different job in other companies.
- So that the company will be able to recruit the perfect candidate to fill in the position once the terminated employee leaves his post by the end of the notice period.
Indeed, a contract of employment is a formal contract, thus it deserves a formal closure. If you are the employer or manager, you need to send a notice not only for the sake of convenience for your normal business operation but also to express your gratitude for your employee for the value he/she has added to your company. No matter how ugly your employee-employer relationship must have become during the denouement of the employment, be careful to keep your tone formal in dealing with the said employee. End things on the right note by sending a termination letter or termination notice.
Kinds of Termination
1. Voluntary Termination – This termination is usually availed by employees who are seeking to work in a different company, change career path, or simply, resign.
2. Employer’s Prerogative – An employer may severe the employment contract for varying reasons. The following are the two types of termination that are initiated by the employer:
- Dismissal – a dismissal is when an employee severs the bond between employee due to one or more justifiable grounds for dismissal.
- Lay-off – this type of termination is not due to the employee’s breach of contract or any action, but rather this is done when the company is experiencing a business slowdown, bankruptcy, or an economic turn down.
To learn more about such notices, refer to the templates in the following pages:
Termination of Employment Form Example
Termination of Employment Example
Grounds for Termination: Employer’s Right
- Serious misconduct
- Use of illegal drugs in the workplace
- Criminal conduct
- Fraudulent conduct that leads to company’s loss of profit
- Violation of terms and conditions in the employment contract, which gives rise to a right to terminate
Beware of Unlawful Termination: Check Prevailing Laws
Before you serve a termination notice, be sure to check on the current laws regarding the proper way of terminating employment contracts; also, watch out for the basis of the termination if it is allowed in such laws.
For future reference, you can also check out our Employment Contract Samples by clicking on the link provided.
13+ SWOT Analysis Samples
8+ Unsolicited Proposal Templates
21+ Investment Proposal Samples
10+ Website Design Proposal Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
13+ Web Design Proposal Templates
10+ Graphic Design Proposal Templates to Download
17+ Amazing Masquerade Mask Templates – Word, PSD, EPS, AI
30+ Wedding Planner Samples – Word, PSD, Pages
20+ Sample Marketing Agreement Templates to Download
13+ Sample Partnership Agreements
11+ Service Agreement Templates
13+ Sample Service Agreements
21 + Sample Independent Contractor Agreements
23+ Partnership Agreement Templates
12+ Sample Business Partnership Agreement Templates to Download