SOP stands for standard operating procedure. It is a used a guide by a company or organization for doing business and other processes in business. It is an effective way to manage and inform the employees within the company of the things that can and cannot be done, and other standards to be practiced.
SOP templates will help make creating standard operating procedures easy and convenient because they already include all the complete information that you need. You will also learn the uses of an SOP. All that is left to do is to download them here and edit the contents that need changing. What are you waiting for? Download now!
Navy SOP Templates
Navy Pharmacy SOP
Laboratory SOP Templates
What Is the Meaning of Standard Operating Procedure?
A standard operating procedure or SOP is a guide or set of instructions that is created by a company or organization to help their workers carry out standard company procedures. The goal of having a standard operating procedure is to prevent and reduce miscommunication within the company. It’s also used to ensure that safety standards are always followed and the products and services are of the highest quality. You can also check out free SOP templates.
How to Make a Standard Operating Procedure Manual
- The first thing you need to do is to choose the format that you want to use in your standard operating procedure.
- Then create an outline or a draft of the things that you need to write or include in it. It will act as your guide on what you should cover in your SOP.
- You need to decide if you want to make a long form SOP or a short form SOP.
- Write an introduction for your SOP that addresses the employees or the people who will be obliged to make use of it.
- Using the draft you made, write the contents of your SOP one at a time.
- Have somebody read your SOP to help you make the necessary changes and provide you with a feedback about it.
- Compare your work or use sample SOP templates as your reference.
- Before making a final copy, do a spelling check and proofread your work.
Warehouse SOP Templates
Food Warehouse SOP
Accounting SOP Templates
Financial Accounting SOP
Administrative SOP Templates
Guidelines to Prepare Standard Operating Procedures
- Write a draft of the entire standard operating procedure you will be making. This draft will be your guide once all of the needed elements and steps for making a standard operating procedure is done. It will also make the process easier and faster later on.
- Make all of the employees aware of the said standard operating procedures so that they will know that it exists.
- Write the introduction of your standard operating procedure that directly addresses the audience or the employees that are covered by it.
- Provide a purpose on why you need to have a standard operating procedure within the organization.
- Enumerate the benefits that can be gained by using a standard operating procedure.
- Provide a contact information or a contact person so that if there are questions about the said standard operating procedure, employees can contact the person in charge and get the answer.
- Write the procedures one at a time making sure that each procedure is explained in different paragraphs.
- Identify and address all of the employees that are included in the standard operating procedure.
- When making changes, hold a forum or discussion session so that employees may fully understand and ask questions about the proposed change.
- Provide a notice period before the effective date so that the employees can have enough time to adjust to the new changes.
- Have the employees sign an acceptance contract or sheet that will serve as a proof that they have read and understand the standard operating procedures of the company.
- Get feedback from employees about what they think of the standard operating procedure and make changes as you see fit.
- Make use of SOP formats in PDF as your reference or to get ideas and how to create a standard operating procedure.
Business SOP Templates
Blank SOP Template
Blank Laboratory SOP
Company SOP Templates
Security Company Template
Cleaning SOP Templates
Vehicle Cleaning SOP
Construction SOP Templates
What Are Standard Operating Procedures in Pharmacy?
The instructions or steps that are outlined in a standard operating procedure varies depending on what it is created for. To give you an example, below are some of the standard operating procedures that are used in pharmacies. You can also check other SOP templates in doc.
- The pharmacy assistant should greet the client upon arrival to the pharmacy.
- They need to accept the prescription given and carefully read the prescription.
- If they have any doubt about the prescription, they should ask the pharmacist.
- Once it is confirmed, they need to check if the prescription is available.
- If it is available, let the client choose what brand they prefer.
- Bill the client and provide an official receipt.
How to Implement Standard Operating Procedures
- Prepare an SOP draft and have a couple of employees read it. Ask for their feedback about it.
- Once the standard operating procedure is finalized, distribute the final copy to the whole company.
- Hold a meeting or a training session that discusses the entire SOP to the employees and so that they can ask questions.
- Provide a date when the standard operating procedure will take place. Give the employees enough time to adjust before the effective date.
Engineering SOP Templates
Event SOP Templates
Employee SOP Templates
Finance SOP Templates
Health Care Finance
Graduate SOP Templates
Graduate School SOP
Hospital SOP Template
IT SOP Templates
Maintenance SOP Templates
Medical SOP Templates
Nursing SOP Templates
Office SOP Templates
Quality SOP Templates
Retail SOP Templates
Research SOP Templates
Technical SOP Templates
Technical Agreement SOP
Advantages of Using Standard Operating Procedures
- A standard operating procedure provides a standardized process and guideline that should be followed by all of the employees within the organization regardless of status or position.
- The distribution of tasks and responsibilities by all of the employees is clearly stated making sure that everybody knows what they need to do and what they shouldn’t do.
- A standard operating procedure helps to maintain outputs because standard processes are being followed in the manufacture or delivery of certain products and services.
- With the use of standard operating procedures, training time allotted for new employees or trainees is reduced.
- A standard operating procedure prevents miscommunication between the employees within the company or organization because it provides a clear division of work and responsibilities.
- It ensures that business processes follow control procedures.
- Ensure the continuity of the business.
- Sets the required working standards and ensures the consistency of the employees’ performance that is related to their duties.
- Using available SOP formats will help make the task of making a standard operating procedure convenient and easy.
FREE 30+ Investment Samples in Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, Apple Number, MS Excel, Google Sheets, PDF
FREE 30+ Sales Samples in Google Docs | Google Sheets | MS Word | MS Excel | Apple Numbers | Apple Pages | Illustrator | PSD | Publisher | PDF
FREE 30+ Handout Samples in Google Docs | Illustrator | MS Word | PSD PDF
FREE 30+ Social Media Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PSD | Illustrator | Publisher | PDF
FREE 30+ Inventory Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | Excel | Numbers | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 30+ Goals Samples in Google Docs | Illustrator | MS Word | PSD | PDF
FREE 30+ Persona Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF
FREE 30+ Portfolio Samples in MS Word | Pages | InDesign | PSD | Publisher | PDF
FREE 50+ Standard Operating Procedure Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 51+ Syllabus Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF
FREE 45+ Work Order Samples in Google Docs | Google Sheets | MS Word | MS Excel | Apple Numbers | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 41+ Work Samples in Google docs | Google Sheets | MS Excel | MS Word | Apple Numbers | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 50+ Study Guide Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 41+ Will Samples in Google Docs, MS Word, PDF
FREE 42+Thesis Templates in PDF