It’s a good thing to keep the original copy of any important document because you know that at some point, you’ll need to produce one or more copies of it for whatever purpose it may serve you. There are documents where you can easily get original copies, while there are those that you can’t. When showing or submitting photocopied documents are enough instead of the original one, note that it needs authentication in most cases. Document authentication is easy if you know where to have it authenticated and if you have a request for authentication form or a letter of request for authentication for that particular document.
What Is a Request for Authentication?
When you want to show or prove that something is genuine or valid, then you’ll need to have it authenticated. For this reason, a request for authentication is necessary, which may come as a letter or form. Essential documents such as birth certificates, marriage contracts, and business contracts are those that usually need authentication. Note that having these documents authenticated is a must, especially if they are not original copies. However, it is easy to fake any type of official papers, and a lot of fraudsters get away with it unscathed. In addition, most institutions would request authenticated documents as part of their requirements. This is common when you need to claim or get a copy of another document. Aside from that, authentication is also a must when claiming funds and getting reimbursements and insurance claims.
A request for authentication is processed by the individual or institution that needs it. There are also instances when a request for authentication does not require one to fill out a form or submit a formal request letter. While authentication is necessary for some documents, other papers do not need it. Therefore, you should know which documents need authentication and which ones do not.
Importance of Document Authentication
There are several instances when document authentication is necessary, and that’s when you need to request for authentication from the Office of Authentications or the equivalent agency in your state that is responsible for authenticating documents. Authenticated documents may seem like simple pieces of paper, but they’re actually a big deal. Here’s why:
- Document legalization – involves document notarization or translation, depending on the purpose of the document. Before the legalization of public documents, they need to be correctly prepared. After the preparations, the local government then authenticates these papers.
- Verified transcripts – students who transfer from a school in their home country to another institution abroad will be required an authenticated transcript of records. Those who work abroad will also be asked to provide authenticated diplomas or proof of their degree.
- Legalized birth certificate – this document has the most number of uses. That is why it is necessary to have authenticated copies at your disposal. Some of the documents that require a legalized birth certificate are passports and visas, especially if it is your first application or if you need a replacement.
- Marriage and divorce certificates – almost every country recognizes the institution of marriage provided that the marriage certificate is legal and has undergone the document legalization process. The same thing is true with divorce certificates.
- Powers of attorney – this document is convenient for people who depend on their lawyers to process or work on a lot of things on their behalf, especially when they are abroad or away for urgent business. For a power of attorney to be effective, it must first be authenticated and legalized.
10+ Request For Authentication Samples in PDF | DOC
1. Request For Authentication Sample
2. Authentication Request Form Template
3. Authentication Service Request Sample
4. Request For Authentication Service Template
5. General Request for Authentication Sample
6. Request for Authentication in PDF
7. Request for Authentication Letter
8. Request for Authentication Example
9. Authentication Request Cover Letter
11. Certificate of Authentication Request Sample
12. Authentication Request in DOC
How to Request for Authentication
The following are steps that will guide you on requesting authentication for your document.
Step 1: Prepare a Document Request Letter
Write a request for authentication letter stating the reason for authentication and the list of documents that need to be authenticated. If available, you may also use the authentication request forms. Complete the form and make sure not to leave out any blank boxes or spaces.
Step 2: Attach the Documents for Authentication
Make copies of the document that you need and attach them to your letter. The number of copies will depend on how many you need or how many you want to get authenticated. Remember to bring the original copy of the document as this will be used to verify if the copies you make match that of the original document. Don’t worry. They will return the original document after verification.
Step 3: Submit the Letter Together with the Documents
Go to the Office of Authentications or the equivalent agency in your state or area. Submit your letter or completed form and follow the instructions that they will provide.
Step 4: Pay the Corresponding Fees
Make the payment at the cashier and wait for your receipt. You will need the receipt to claim the authenticated copies of your documents. The fee for authentication is usually per copy. So if you requested to authenticate three copies of your birth certificate, then you’ll have to pay for each copy.
Step 5: Wait for the Document Release
Document authentication just takes a couple of minutes, so you can stay in the waiting area and wait for your name to be called. Check if your document has a seal or stamp for authentication before leaving the premises.
Knowing how and where to request for authentication of your documents is very helpful. Who knows when you’ll need to get a couple of documents authenticated. The process is made even better with the availability of request for authentication forms. The sample forms provided above will help you become familiar with the different forms you’ll encounter to request for document authentication. Check them out now!
FREE 8+ Sample Third Party Authorization Letter Templates in PDF ...
FREE 8+ Sample Cohabitation Agreement Templates in PDF MS ...
FREE 7+ Sample Professional Reference Templates in MS Word ...
Sample Bank Authorization Letter
FREE 29+ Sample Email Signatures in HTML PSD | PSD | EPS
FREE 50+ Sample Request Forms in PDF MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Proof of Employment Letter Templates in PDF MS ...
FREE 7+ Sample Room Rental Contract Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 12+ Service Invoice Templates in Google Docs Google ...
FREE 8+ Sample Passport Authorization Letter Templates in PDF ...
FREE 3+ Artist Management Agreement Samples in PDF DOC
8+ Sample Certificate of Authenticity
FREE What Are Candidate Endorsement Letters? [ Importance, How ...
FREE 7+ Marketing Cover Letter Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Job Application Forms in MS Word PDF