What is a laboratory report? A laboratory report, also lab report, is a piece of document that describes and analyzes laboratory experiments to explore scientific concepts. A laboratory report is designed to enable researchers to conduct the research process and the rest of the steps needed to be able to come up with the evaluation and distribution of the results.
Making use these 10 lab sample reports will give you an idea on how lab reports are written. It can also help you understand more about lab report writing and how it is done. So don’t leave without downloading!
Physics Lab Report Template
Chemistry Lab Report Template
Scientific Report Template
Physics Lab Report Sample
Scientific Lab Report Example
Simple Lab Report Outline
Lab Report APA Format Sample
Parts of a Lab Report
You can’t just start off creating a lab report without knowing its parts. The parts of a lab report are listed and briefly discussed below.
- Abstract – An abstract is like the summary of the entire lab report. It consists of one or two sentences that provide a concise description of the research. It should include the four important elements below:
- The objective of the study
- The method or methods used
- The result
- The conclusion
- Introduction – The introduction is the part that answers the question of why the experiment was done, other related background information, and the reason why researchers find the topic interesting.
- Materials – The list of materials used and why they are used are explained in this part.
- Methods – This is the part that provides an explanation of the steps, process, equations, and other methods used in the research. This is useful so that the experiment can be repeated by someone else.
- Results – This is where the findings of the research are presented.
- Discussion – Explains the significance of the result and other details of the experiment.
- Conclusion – Provides a brief summary of the things that were done in the experiment, including the result.
- References – This is where a list of books where you got your citations from.
Formal Lab Report Example
Free Lab Report Form in PDF
Chemistry Lab Report Sample
APA Lab Report Format
Psychology Lab Report Sample
Importance of a Lab Report
- A lab report provides in-depth details about a research or experiment that is conducted for the purpose of knowing.
- Lab reports help sharpen the analytic and reasoning skills of an individual in the field of scientific research.
- A lab report is important because it provides a record of the entire experiment process.
- Lab reports are used as a basis of new research findings, which is done to be able to find out more about it.
- With the use of previous lab reports, new and upcoming research study can be conducted better leading to better analysis and results.
- Lab reports are important documents that contain records of useful findings that later on would be used as reference to create a new research topic that is of interest.
- The said experiment can be repeated with the use of the materials and methods that were included and explained in the said lab report.
You can also take a look at our training report samples.
30+ Sample Business Reports – PDF, Word, Docs
21+ Business Report Writing Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Docs
16+ Sample Service Reports
9+ Sample Survey Reports
13+ Sample Financial Reports – Word, Apple Pages
13+ Sample Accident Incident Reports – Docs, PDF, Pages
17+ Sample Management Reports
11+ Sample Audit Reports
11+ Internal Audit Report Templates – PDF, Word
15+ Sample Internal Audit Reports – Word, PDF, Pages
15+ Sample HR Report Templates – Word, PDF, Apple Pages, Google Docs
11+ Sample Inspection Reports
19+ Sample Construction Reports
How to Create a Daily Construction Report [6+ Samples]
11+ Sample Action Reports