What is an audit report? An audit report is an essential document issued by an auditor to a business that contains the results of an audit. The purpose of an audit report is to evaluate a particular company’s financial records to ensure that it is clear of any misrepresentations.
Every business is required to have an audit, whether it is an internal or external one. An external audit is usually done once a year. However, an internal audit should be constantly done by internal auditors. The sample reports for audit are available for download on this page. To read more about audit reports, read below.
Sample Financial Audit Report
Forensic Audit Report Example
Sample Audit Report Template
Internal Audit Report Template
Easy to Print Audit Investigation Report
SEO Audit Report Template to Print
Professional Report Template Download
Formal Report Template in Doc Word
Free Finance Internal Audit Report Template
Safety Audit Report Sample
Audit Review Report Sample in PDF
Withdrawal Audit Trail Report Sample
What Are the Types of Audit Reports?
Auditors issue different types of audit reports depending on the results he or she may get from the audit.
- Unqualified Opinion – an unqualified opinion, also called a clean report, is a type of audit report that is used when an auditor declares that the financial records of an organization or business is true and fair based on the records. This means that the financial records of the organization follows the set standards of accounting.
- Qualified Opinion – just like an unqualified opinion, a qualified opinion is also a type of audit report used by an auditor if they find that the financial records of an organization are clean and is free from any false accounts. The only difference between both audit reports is that a qualified opinion does not follow the accounting standards.
- Adverse Opinion – if the audit report given to an organization or business is an adverse opinion, this means that the financial records stated in the financial statement of the company is false and does not comply with the standards.
- Disclaimer of Opinion – in some cases, an auditor cannot provide a report due to the lack of financial records and data.
Additionally, sample expense reports are also useful in businesses.
Audit Investigation Report Sample
Audit Summary Report Sample
What Is the Difference between an Internal and External Audit?
An audit is categorized into two different types. Although both an internal and external audit basically have the same concept, they have a number of differences. An internal audit is done by an audit department within the company. They are employees tasked to do the audit for the purpose of improving the company’s performance.
An external audit, on the other hand, is done by independent auditors, who are not connected to the business. This type of audit is an unbiased one since they are not employed by the company. The purpose of an external audit is to analyze the financial records of the business in order to see if it is accurate and true.
Elements of an Audit Report
- Title – an audit report should always include a title. It should indicate whether it is an internal or external audit.
- Scope – an audit report should specify the extent of the audit. Annual report samples can also be used as reference for your audit report.
- The Opinion – this is where auditors write their opinion or results of the audit.
- Signature and Date – in order for it to be valid, the signature of the auditor and the date should be written.
17+ Sample Construction Reports
12+ Compliance Audit Report Samples and Templates – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Accident Incident Reports- Docs, PDF, Pages
8+ Sample Competitor Analysis Reports
9+ Sample Valuation Reports
9+ Sample Trip Reports – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
10+ Sample Performance Analysis Reports
10+ Sample Valuation Reports
15+ Sample School Reports – PDF, Docs, Word, Pages
9+ Sample Safety Reports
12+ HR Audit Report Templates – PDF, Google Doc, Word, Apple Pages
11+ Forensic Audit Report Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
14+ Sample Evaluation Reports
10+ Sample Employee Reports
17+ Sample Activity Reports