A proof of employment letter is a document that verifies if an employee works in a company or not. It is also known as employee verification letter. This type of letter is usually required whenever an individual opening a new bank account, getting an insurance, requesting for a loan, attempts to rent property, or has other reasons that need a verification of their employment.
As an employer, you are entitled to give your employees one whenever they request for one. Writing one is a big responsibility because you have to take into consideration the employee’s well-being.
In this article, these Sample Letters will give you ideas on how you can write a proof of employment letters. These templates will serve as a guide whenever the need to draft one arises.
Sample Proof of Employment pdf
Proof of Citizenship for Employment
Proof of ID for Employment
Proof of Professional Employment Form PDF
How to Write a Proof of Employment Letter
- Use the official company letterhead. This will legitimize the look of your letter and make it more trustworthy. Should there be instances where a letterhead is not available, you can use the company logo instead. Company name, address, phone number, and e-mail address should also be included.
- Indicate that the letter is about employment verification. Example: “Employment Verification for Ms. XXXX for the Purpose of Loan Application.”
- If you know who the letter is for, directly address it to that person. In case you don’t know who to address the letter to, write the name of the department that will be receiving the letter.
- Explain who you are and why you are credible to be writing the employee’s proof of employment.
- Provide verification about the employee such as start date, the position of the employee, condition of the job (temporary or permanent), and whether the employee is still associated with the company.
- Give a brief summary of the employee’s duties and responsibilities.
- Avoid sharing employee information that may be tagged as sensitive.
- Give your contact information to the recipient in cases where they may have questions and other concerns regarding the verification.
- Sign the letter with your official signature, job title, and company stamps (if any).
You may also see Sample Employment Application Forms.
Proof of Income Letter Sample for Employer
Address Proof letter for Employee
Tips for Writing a Proof of Employment Letter
- It is recommended that an employer, such as manager or supervisor, be the one to write a proof of employment letter.
- Use a formal and professional tone.
- If the purpose of proof of employment is for transitioning to another job, finances, such as salary and compensation package, should be left out.
- Limit the letter to one page but ensure that all the necessary details about the employee are included.
Using Proof of Employment Samples
Since the content and information stated in a proof of employment letter is particular and crucial, you have to make sure that mistakes are to be avoided at all times. The proof of employment samples presented here is easy to use. They are accessible and can be downloaded by clicking on the “Download” button. These are also in Word format so editing will not be a hassle. All you need to do is to choose a template and replace some of the words in the document to suit the needs of your employee.
You may also see Sample Employment Cover Letters.
FREE 10+ Food Catering Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Cleaning Price List Samples in MS Word | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | PDF
FREE 14+ Event Checklist Templates in Excel | PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 18+ Small Business Plan Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 31+ Sample Business Plan Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Film Budgets in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 6+ Useful Meeting Notes Templates in PDF | PSD
FREE 15+ Sample Partnership Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Art Gallery Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 5+ Editable Social Media Strategy Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 25+ Sample Wedding Contracts in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Revenue Projection Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Pages | Numbers | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Consulting Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Excel Inventory Samples in Excel