To seal the deal when it comes to selling your automobiles, using a bill of sale makes the transaction official. It also gives complete details about the sale transaction—from the auto details to the details about the transaction to the terms and conditions that have been agreed upon with the buyer. It will also act as a receipt of the sale transaction. It is also proof of the legitimacy of the transaction.
In this article, we present seven Sample Bill of Sales you can use when you have already found a buyer for your automobile or if you are planning to sell your automobile. Browse through all of the samples we have below.
Automotive Bill of Sale Form
Blank Automotive Bill of Sale
Sample Automotive Bill of Sale
Automotive Bill of Sale PDF
- Guarantee that you are able to get the right name, address, and contact detail of the purchaser. This detail is extremely helpful should there be questions about the legitimacy of the purchase in the future.
- Just give the purchaser the bill of sale once the full payment has been made. A full payment means that the transaction is already complete. On the off chance that payment installments are being followed or if there are installment terms stated in the bill of sale, draft a promissory note and a written agreement that speaks about the installment basis that is being followed regarding the payment.
- There should be two copies provided when it comes to bill of sales. One copy is your copy while the other one is the purchaser’s copy. Ensure that both copies have signatures affixed.
- Should there be an outsider or a witness is available amid the issuance of the bill of sale or amid the transaction, let him/her sign the bill of sale too.
- Once the exchange is done, have your nearby tax office record the transaction by submitting the document. This is valuable to a great degree especially when tax returns are needed to be filed.
- The DMV should likewise be contacted keeping in mind that there is a need to protect the purchaser from tickets and accidents while the transfer of ownership is still ongoing.
You can also refer to Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Samples.
Free Automotive Bill of Sale Form
Automotive Bill of Sale Example
Vehicle Bill of Sale
The automobile Bill of Sale Examples in this article collects the following details:
- The location where the sale is going to happen. Do not forget to mention the name of the state and the country where the sale will take place. If the seller and purchaser are from different states or countries, use the location of the seller.
- Automobile price. Mention the full price and the installment basis that has been agreed upon, if any.
- Information of both the seller and the buyer. Complete names, addresses, and contact details of both sides.
- Automobile details. Mention all of the details that would describe the automobile. Include the area where the auto is located, make and model, the chassis number of the automobile, and vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Warranties. These are statements that would mention that (a) a seller promises that there are no third parties involved with the transaction and that no third party will also claim ownership of the automobile being sold; and (b) that the purchaser has all the right to purchase the automobile being sold.
- Odometer disclosure statement. This is a statement that promises that the current odometer reading of the automobile is accurate and has not been tampered with.
- Signature of both parties. Both parties should ensure to affix their signatures on two copies of the bill of sale to make the transaction official.
7+ Birthday Party Checklist Templates to Download
10+ Grant Budget Samples
9+ Grant Budget Samples
13+ Annual Budget Samples – PDF, Word, Excel
13+ Sample Annual Budget Templates – Word, PDF, Excel
8+ Sample Catering Quote Templates
19+ Sample Sales Proposal Templates – PDF, Word, PSD
11+ Sample Grant Proposals – Word, PDF, Pages
17+ Sample Grant Proposal Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
9+ Small Business Investment Samples – PDF, Word
6+ Sales Budget Samples
What Is Included in a Sales Budget?
10+ Website Design Proposal Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
13+ Travel Proposal Templates
8+ Technical Proposal Samples