An audit refers to the evaluation and inspection of certain aspects in the business. The main purpose of an audit is to identify the risks to be able to solve them. There are essential elements of a project plan that can be useful when companies create new projects for the business.
A financial plan in business is also important since this evaluates the financial aspect of the company. A financial plan contains elements necessary in solving problems in the finances. If you need to create an audit plan, you can read more about the importance and the elements of an audit plan below.
Audit Action Plan Template
Audit Strategic Plan
Audit Work Plan
External Audit Plan
How to Create an Audit Plan
Follow the steps below to help you create your audit plan.
- Give your audit plan a title.
- Identify the areas that need an audit.
- Identify the risks of certain areas in the business.
- Specify in your audit plan the necessary procedures and methods to be done.
- Write the participants that are going to do the audit.
- Set the standards that will be the basis of your audit.
- Consider the factors such as the income, transaction volume, number of employees, etc., of the business.
- Establish the timeline of your audit and specify it in your audit plan.
Importance of an Audit Plan
An audit plan has a variety of importance in every business. It is very important for businesses to develop an audit plan and a strategy in order to improve certain aspects. These include the management, operations, financial, etc. Through an audit plan, a business is able to acquire relevant information regarding the different departments. Another importance of an audit plan is that it allows you to have a lower audit cost since you will be able to develop and plan a strategy. Auditors need to provide an internal audit report after an audit is done.
Internal Audit Plan Template
Risk-Based Audit Plan
Annual Internal Audit Plan
Elements of a Good Audit Plan
Here are the essential elements of a good audit plan.
- Participation Is Vital – For audit plans and audit programs to be effective, it is important for every party to be involved with the audit. Both the business and the auditors doing the audit should work together in order to achieve the desired goals.
- Audit Frequently – Instead of doing annual audits, which accumulate risks and problems, it is more effective to do short audits to be able to constantly improve and solve smaller problems. A company can also do weekly audit.
- Participants Must Develop Confidence in Their Audits – A good audit plan relies on the skills of the auditor and business. Both the business and the auditors should be confident in their ability to identify and solve issues and problems within the company or business.
- Identify Standards – It is important to have a particular set of standards when doing an audit. This is useful in order to achieve the goals that you want to achieve.
- Follow Through – After you have identified the risks and problems through audit reports, it is necessary to follow through with any corrective action needed to ensure that the risks are eliminated.
9+ Massage Therapy Business Plan Templates – PDF, Word
9+ Juice Bar Business Plans – PDF, Word
10+ Restaurant Business Plans – PDF
9+ Bakery Business Plans – PDF
9+ Business Plan Templates in Word
9+ Quality Assurance Plan Templates – PDF, Word
Project Implementation Plan Template
9+ Sales Compensation Plan Template – PDF, Word
9+ Strategic Marketing Plan Template – PDF, Word
9+ Operational Plan for Restaurant – PDF
9+ Event Operational Plans – PDF
9+ Hospital Operational Plans – PDF, Word
9+ IT Operational Plans – PDF
9+ 5 Year Plan Templates – PDF, Word
9+ Career Development Plans – PDF