Physical education is one of the subjects or course offered in primary and secondary school. It focuses on lessons related to maintaining the health and well-being of students or individuals. To help teachers plan for the lessons provided in physical education, they make use of a physical education lesson plan.
In this article are physical education lesson plan samples and templates that you can download and use for free. Also included are some useful information about lesson plan templates in general, like what it is, its uses and some of its many advantages. Check them out below!
Sample Physical Education Lesson Plan Template
Physical Education Lesson Plan
High School Physical Education Lesson Plan Sample
Physical Education Curriculum for K-12
Sample Lesson Plan Format
Planning for Physical Education Lessons
What Is a Lesson Plan?
Ever wonder how teachers are able to provide different lessons on a daily basis? Have you ever asked how they are able to put up all those lessons together despite the fact that there are millions of topics to be covered? Teachers make use of a very reliable and effective tool that is called a lesson plan. In order for a lesson plan to be useful and effective at the time, it should provide a detailed description about the course or subject including a step-by-step instruction or guide on how the lesson should be introduced or taught to the students.
Daily lesson plans are written by teachers to serve as their guide on the lessons that they must teach the students daily. Every lesson plan is different because of the number of factors that affect it. These factors include the teacher’s preferences and style on how to introduced a topic or lesson, the subject being covered in the lesson, the school mandated requirements, and the needs of the students.
Specific goals and objectives are set for every lesson written in a lesson plan. These goals include the things that the students are supposed to learn or get from the lesson, the best possible method to teach the said lesson, and evaluating or measuring how much the students have learned from the lesson. These and other sets of goals should be taken into consideration when planning for lesson.
Uses of a Physical Education Lesson Plan
What is physical education? Physical education, also known as PE, is a subject or course in school that encourages students to promote their health through psychomotor learning in a play or movement environment. One of the reasons why physical education has been required is so that the human body can be maintained through physical exercises that are included and taught in physical education. Physical education is also popularly known as gym class in most countries.
There are many uses and benefits of preparing a physical lesson plan and they are as follows.
- Physical education lesson plans are used to help students learn about the importance of keeping oneself fit and healthy through different forms of exercise.
- It boosts or improves the teacher’s confidence simply because they already have a plan on what physical education lesson to provide to their students and ways on how the lesson can be best introduced to them.
- Through physical education, students are also able to learn the basics and rules in some sports. Part of the teaching the lesson is allowing the students to experience playing the sport that they have been taught.
- A physical education lesson plan allows for the provision of a unified lessons, which is especially useful in situations where a substitute teacher needs to take the place of a teacher who is on leave. This way they can provide the same lessons to the students to avoid confusion.
- The subject or course points out the significance of having a physically fit body and an emotionally stable mind.
- The lesson plan is where the teacher documents everything that they are teaching the students and all other details. With that being said, a physical education lesson plan serves as evidence of the professional performance of the teacher over a specific period of time.
- Having a physical education plan allows students to learn lessons outside of the four corners of a classroom which is a refreshing and exciting way to learn.
Advantages of Using Lesson Plan Templates
The advantages of using lesson plan templates are listed below.
- Lesson plan templates are ready-made documents containing details and wordings of an actual lesson plan. It includes a complete set of information that is important when writing a lesson plan.
- It serves as an example or guide and it can be used as one’s own lesson plan at the same time. This makes the task very easy and convenient.
- By using a lesson plan template, you are not only able to save time but you also save energy and brain power as well. How is that possible? It is because a lesson plan template eliminates the need for you to create the document from scratch and the need to create a another of the same document each time you need it. That is what you call convenient.
- Many templates are provided in printable formats so you never have to worry about how you can produce or reproduce it.
- Aside form being printable, lesson plan templates are also made available in different file formats, such as PDF, Word and even Excel. These file formats are also common to use so it is fairly easy to have them edited or changed based on your preferences.
- And if you are worried about the cost or if you are on a budget, using a template is the best thing that you can do. There are a lot of lesson plan templates available online for free and some would be for a very small fee. You can be sure it’s worth your money!
- Lesson plan templates come in different varieties to cover different subjects or courses. This is done to ensure that every template is appropriate to your needs.
Haven’t used a lesson plan template before? Well, it is never too late to start using it now if you want to experience the advantages listed above. Other related articles where you may find more plan templates are Lesson Plan Outline Samples, Sample Daily Lesson Plans, and Sample Health Lesson Plans.
Workshop Lesson Plan Template for Physical Education
Sample Physical Education Lesson
Printable Physical Education Lesson Plan
Soccer Physical Education Lesson Plan
Physical Education Teaching Lesson Plan Template
Tips in Writing Useful Lesson Plans
Writing a lesson plan needs a lot of practice. Good thing there are useful lesson plan tips available to help make the task easy and at the same time help in writing an effective lesson plan. Check out these tips below.
- Be clear and concise on your goals and objectives. It is very important for a lesson plan to have very specific goals and objectives as this will affect what the teacher will teach and what the students will learn. Unclear or ambiguous goals and objectives will not produce good results.
- Decide what lesson you want to convey and how you want to convey it. You should also know what lesson you need to make a lesson plan for. This will help you create clear and effective goals and objectives.
- Determine the materials that you need. Know what tools or materials are needed for your lesson plan. These materials refer to objects, prerequisite lessons and what the students already know. These things should be determined before selecting and planning for the next lesson.
- Write the procedure. Your lesson plan should provide steps in chronological order which will serve as your guide when actually teaching or implementing the lesson plan.
- Incorporate the requires standards. Never forget to incorporate educational standards required by your school or state in your lesson plan. Those standards are needed because they have been proven to be effective and beneficial. If you fail to do so your lesson plan may fail or may not be accepted.
- Use simple and clear words. Even if you wrote the lesson plan yourself, there will be instances when you will get confused with what you have written when you reread it. To prevent this, make sure that you use simple words that convey a clear meaning of what you have written.
- Avoid jargons or technical terms. If possible, avoid too technical terms or jargons. This is to avoid confusion and misunderstanding of any form.
- Avoid erasures. This is for aesthetic purposes and for documentation purposes. Often, lesson plans with a lot of erasures may seem unprofessional and subject to a lot of questions. Was this item really done? Was this really taught? The document may be seen as unreliable if used for formal procedures.
- Write neatly and legibly. Write on your lesson plan as if you are writing a love letter, a formal letter or an application letter. It should be readable and understandable. A neat and legible handwriting is the best handwriting.
- Follow the required format. If a specific format is provided, then you must follow it. Aside from uniformity in lesson plans created, following the required format allows you to provide exactly what is needed and so that you won’t miss out on the important details.
These tips will surely help you write useful and effective lesson plans, together with lesson plan templates. You may also check out more plan templates on our website. To name a few examples that you may be interested in are Lesson Plan Formats, Lesson Schedule Samples & Templates, and Kindergarten Lesson Plan Samples.
Sample Math Lesson Plan Template - 9+ Free Documents ...
Sample Middle School Lesson Plan Template - 6+ Free Documents ...
16+ Lesson Plan Samples & Templates - PDF, DOC
Sample Kindergarten Lesson Plan Template - 7 + Free Documents ...
common core lesson plan template - 6+ Download Documents in PDF
Lesson Plan Outline Sample - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Madeline Hunter Lesson Plan – 11+ Documents in PDF, Word
Sample Madeline Hunter Lesson Plan Template - 9+ Free ...
Sample High School Lesson Plan - 9+ Documents In PDF,Word
Music Lesson Plan Sample - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Daily Lesson Plan - 10 +Documents in PDF, Word
Sample Guided Reading Lesson Plan - 8+ Documents in PDF
Sample Printable Lesson Plan Template - 6+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Lesson Plan -6+ Documents in PDF, Word
Sample Physical Education Lesson Plan Template - 7+ Free ...