What is a business plan? A business plan is one of the tools used in building the foundation of an existing business or a start-up business. It is a document with detailed description on how the business is going to achieve the goals and objectives that it has set for itself.
Business plans are very useful as they are needed before the business starts its actual operations, or in case of an existing business before it starts moving into a new direction. Here, we will discuss about the uses of a business plan, why it is important and some of the advantages for using the templates. You may also check out the business plan templates that we have provided below.
Business Plan Template
Blank Business Plan Template
Business Plan Sample Template
Simple Business Plan Template
Sample Business Plan Template
Uses of a Business Plan
A business plan has many different uses which are all essential to a business. These uses are identified below.
- A business plan is used as a written plan that provides different viewpoints necessary for for business operations, such as in marketing and finance.
- Preparations are made before the actual work or action is done or carried out and that is what a business plan is also used for. Prior to actually starting a new business or moving an existing business into a new direction, a business plan is written and prepared to direct the course of action for the new or existing business.
- A viable business plan is used as a prerequisite to the business’ funds investment.
- A business plan provides specific details about how the business ig going to achieve its goals and objectives and that includes specific operational steps that will guide the business activities.
- part of the business plan is an overview of the industry where the business belongs and how it is going to identify or distinguish itself from all of its competitors and potential competitors.
- A business plan is used to provide financial projections to the business, called pro-forma financial statements.
- It is also used as a road map that can help the business plan its future and avoid the road bumps that it is about to encounter along the way.
- Through a business plan, possible business drawbacks can be identified and business costs can be determined. By identifying both drawbacks and costs, a business can eliminate surprises and be prepared for relevant situations.
Business plans can be used for any types of business regardless of what industry it belongs. Other topics related to business plans and plans in general are available on our website, like Sample Professional Business Plan Templates, Bakery Business Plan Templates, and Personal Business Plan Templates.
Advantages of Business Plan Templates in Word
Now that you know what a business plan is used, then it’s about time to know about business plan templates and their advantages. What are templates? Business plan templates are blank documents that are ready-to-use whenever they are needed. They make the task of creating a business plan easier, especially those that are available in Word.
- Why use business plan templates in Word? These templates are editable and very easy to use, considering that we have been using Word files since we were in primarily school and we also use it in making other types of document.
- These templates are not only editable, they are also printable. You can print the business plan template that you have completed with as many copies as you want.
- Having a business plan template on hand eliminates the need for you to recreate the same document for the same purpose. This not only allows you save time, but it also allows you save on brainpower so that you can use it on more important things.
- Using a business plan template is very convenient and easy as you just need to fill in the required information, review the plan and make a couple of changes to it and then you have a finished product.
- Templates are made by professionals and experts so the contents are definitely reliable. You surely will be impressed if you start using one.
- A business plan must be complete and detailed, and that can be guaranteed with business plan templates. With it you will never miss out on a detail.
- These templates are available online and you can download most of them for free. Not only are they easy to find, but they cost you little to none.
- There are business plan templates that provide instructions and tips on what you should put or write in it. This makes it even easier to use.
Haven’t used a business plan template before? Well, it’s never too late to start using one now. You may also want to check out related topics that provides templates, like Catering Business Plan Templates, Software Business Plan Templates, and Service Business Plan Templates.
Business Plan for a Startup Business Template
Editable Business Plan Template
Startup Business Plan Template
Short Business Plan Template
Commercial Business Plan Template
Why Is a Business Plan Important?
Whether you are planning to start your own business or already have an existing business, here are important reasons why you need to have a business plan prepared.
- A business plan will help you raise money for your business. You can identify business costs and other expenses for your business ahead of time, which helps you gather and raise the needed money for your business operations. In addition, business investors would want to a detailed and well-written business plan before they agree to give or lend you money.
- A business plan allows you to make sound decisions. You need to focus on what your business strategies would be, as well as your business ideas. A business plan helps you work out the things related to the business as a whole, which includes management, financial aspects, human resource planning, the technology to use and many more.
- A business plan will help you in identifying any weaknesses that you potentially have. It is important to be able to determine any weaknesses of your business so that you may prevent or avoid them, or make improvements before they drag you down. Get help and opinion from people you know can give you invaluable advice.
- A business plan helps in communicating your business ideas to business stakeholders. When written clearly, it can be used as an effective communication tool. It will help you convince you convince investors and lenders to invest or lend money for your business, as well attract people to work for you and secure
If you think that a business plan is just a waste of time, well you have to think again and reconsider your opinion about it. You don’t want to mess up big time just because you do not want to spend time creating a business plan.
We hope that you are able to learn about business plans and and business plan templates. We offer a selection of related samples and templates on our website that you may find useful, like Short Business Plan Templates, Rental Property Business Plan, and Business Plan SWOT Analysis Template to name a few.
11+ Consulting Business Plan Templates Sample Templates
8+ Software Business Plan Templates Sample Templates
8+ Business Plan Examples Sample Templates
11+ Sample Photography Business Plans Sample Templates
10+ One-Page Business Plan Samples Sample Templates
12 Sample Hotel Business Plan Templates to Download Sample ...
11+ Sample Construction Business Plan Templates to Download ...
30 Sample Business Plans and Templates Sample Templates
13+ Sample Bakery Business Plans Sample Templates
19+ Business Plan Outline Samples Sample Templates
9+ Sample Business Plans in PDF Sample Templates
11+ Catering Business Plan Templates Sample Templates
10+ Real Estate Business Plan Templates Sample Templates
11+ Car Wash Business Plan Templates Sample Templates
How to Build a Business Plan That Actually Works Sample Templates