What is an audit plan? An audit plan is a process of creating a plan through assessing all the aspects of a particular business. Through an audit plan, auditors are able to determine the problems and assess risks allowing them to create a solution. Just like an audit plan, a marketing plan for business is essential.
Audits are conducted by people of authority to inspect and investigate a certain organization’s accounts, processes, etc. It should be done thoroughly to make sure that everything is covered. The 6+ audit plan templates available on this page will help you create an effective audit plan.
Internal Audit Plan Template
Risk-Based Audit Plan
Annual Internal Audit Plan
How to Build an Audit Plan
Before an audit can be started, it is important to create a plan in order to determine the procedures needed to achieve your goals. An internal audit report is generated after an audit is made.
- The first step in building your plan is for auditors to assess a company’s overall operations and determining the business risks involved.
- An auditor must also understand a company’s policies and procedures.
- Identify which aspect of the company needs to be focused on.
- Auditors need to develop a procedure on how the audit is going to be done and what changes are going to be needed.
- The last step in building a plan is to reassess the audit plan.
Importance of an Audit Plan
Companies and businesses need to have an audit done, whether it is an internal or external one. An audit plan is important to identify problems in certain aspects of the company. For auditors, in order to provide an effective audit, proper planning is key. Auditors can develop procedures to solve whatever problem a company may have such as financial, operations, management, etc. Through an audit, a company can improve its business plans and overall operations.
Audit Action Plan
Audit Strategic Plan
Audit Work Plan
External Audit Plan
How to Write an Internal Audit Plan
An internal audit is usually done by company employees. They are tasked to assess the risks, which is the main purpose of the development of a plan. This allows them to establish a solution to improve the operations of that particular aspect of the company. Audit reports are the result of the audit that was done by the auditors.
- The first thing you need to write in an audit plan is the summary. Write a summary of the purpose of the audit plan that you are making. This will help you understand the purpose allowing you to create an effective plan.
- Also write details of the company and it’s background. Write the name, the type of business, and the current operations.
- Explain the method that you are going to be implementing in your audit plan. Discuss the processes and the procedures that are going to be done in your internal audit.
- Create charts to describe the process and the structure of the internal audit.
- Write a list of areas of the company that are going to be audited.
10+ Restaurant Business Plans – PDF
9+ Bakery Business Plans – PDF
9+ Business Plan Templates in Word
9+ Quality Assurance Plan Templates – PDF, Word
Project Implementation Plan Template
9+ Sales Compensation Plan Template – PDF, Word
9+ Strategic Marketing Plan Template – PDF, Word
9+ Operational Plan for Restaurant – PDF
9+ Event Operational Plans – PDF
9+ Hospital Operational Plans – PDF, Word
9+ IT Operational Plans – PDF
9+ 5 Year Plan Templates – PDF, Word
9+ Career Development Plans – PDF
9+ Primary School Operational Plans – PDF
9+ Operational Plan for Cleaning Services – PDF