A standard operating procedure is a manual or a set of guidelines a person can follow when conducting a task unsupervised. The different number of uses of SOP are quite numerous. Of all the sample of research, having an SOP can be useful indeed.
The importance of having a standard operating procedure in any organization is unquestionable. It can set the guidelines and backup plans of any company or organization. They can help organizations deal with what to do when the officer in charge is currently not available.
5 Fundamental Steps to Creating Powerful Standard Operating Procedure
Now as the title suggests, we will be listing five fundamental steps to creating powerful standard operating procedures. When making a standard operating procedure, always keep in mind these five things:
- Keep to the facts
- Be realistic
- Acknowledge failures
- Prepare for every possibility
- Prepare drills
For more references on how to create powerful standard operating procedures, feel free to check out our Sample SOP Templates for more guides.
10 Tips for Writing a Powerful Statement of Purpose
When writing a statement of purpose, there are certain things you need to consider, mostly the SOP format. Always keep in mind these ten things and you should have an effective statement of purpose.
- Follow instructions. As of writing any document, follow the instructions of those who are more knowledgeable about the topic.
- Keep to the facts. Don’t lollygag or steer off topic. Focus it onto the point and don’t be afraid to answer the hard questions.
- Be realistic. Always set your goals and objective within a realistic reach.
- Acknowledge failures. Learning from our failures can help us understand and learn new things.
- Prepare for every possibility. It is better to be prepared and not need it than to need it and not be prepared.
- Prepare drills. Training your company can always pay off so that when the day they need comes they will be ready.
- Take the readers’ ability into consideration. Always remember to keep the standard operating procedure simple and straight to the point to avoid confusions.
- Write a draft and read it over. Drafts are useful tools in making a sample template of your actual work.
- Revise if necessary. Revisions are always a good thing, it means there is room for improvement.
Guidelines for Preparing Standard Operating Procedures
When writing a standard operating procedure, there are general SOP formats to follow. These guidelines can be useful tips when writing your outlines. These guidelines can make or break small businesses. Now, you can either search this site for our free SOP template or you can choose to follow these steps:
- Go straight to the point, don’t worry about being blunt.
- Avoid adding unnecessary information.
- Make the standard operating procedure serious and do not allow any errors.
- Always recheck if the standard operating procedures you are writing are within realistic ranges and that everyone is able to comply to it.
18+ Service Level Agreement Samples
12+ Sample Security Agreement Templates
13+ Security Agreement Samples
11+ Sample Security Agreements
14+ Funeral Notices
15+ Sample Partnership Agreements
24+ Partnership Agreement Templates
13+ Sample Operating Agreements – PDF, Word
11+ Sample Operating Agreement Templates to Download
16+ Sample Handover Reports
16+ Sample Audit Report Templates
13+ Memorandum of Agreements – PDF, Word
15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates to Download
9+ Medical Prescription Samples – PDF, Word
30+ Sample Marketing Agreement Templates to Download