Every day, a number of employees leave the company they are working in for a number of reasons. These reasons could be to explore new opportunities, for career growth, or they could be going back to school. On the other hand, there are also employees who are forced to leave their jobs because they got terminated either because of poor performance or because there has been a downturn in the business.
For the above situations, a termination checklist is necessary. Termination checklist templates will help make the termination process organized and legal. It helps both employer and employee in documenting each step of the termination process. Employees will be able to get and know how to get their last receivables with the help of a termination checklist.
Sample Checklist Pre -Termination
Sample Employee Pre-Termination Checklist
Sample Restaurant Employee Termination Checklist
Restaurant Employee Termination Meeting Checklist Template
Employee Termination Checklist Template
Termination Checklist Template
Pre-Termination Checklist Template
Termination Meeting Checklist Template
University Termination Checklist
Employment Termination Checklist
One-Page Termination Checklist
What Are the Types of Termination?
There are two sides to everything. The same thing goes with termination. Not all termination are bad. Some form of termination is done for personal growth. For example, when an employee is terminated because of the downturn of a company, it is done so as to save the other employees from becoming jobless and not necessarily because the employee is not performing well. You lose some in order to gain some. Here we will be discussing the types of termination, namely voluntary termination and involuntary termination.
The most common example of a voluntary termination is an employee resignation. The employee voluntarily terminates their connection with their employer for various personal reasons that are not necessarily all bad. The reasons could be because of a better offer from another company, career growth, getting their dream job, to build their own family, or going back to school.
An involuntary termination, on the other hand, is when an employer or company initiated the termination. Just like that of a voluntary termination, not all reasons for termination are bad. Also, not all terminations are about employment terminations. Other examples of termination are contract termination and lease termination, to name a few.
Termination Checklist for Manager’s Use
Termination Checklist for Contractor
Employee Termination Checklist
What Are the Benefits of Using a Termination Checklist?
If you don’t know yet, it is actually a good thing to use a termination checklist. Do you want to know the reasons why? If you do, then we have prepared a list for you to check and they’re just listed below.
- A termination checklist helps make an organized termination process through the detailed steps that should be followed by the human resources department and by the employee who resigned or got terminated.
- A termination checklist ensures that the termination process is legal by making sure to check that appropriate warnings and notices are given to the employee before the termination. It is because failure to do so will get them a case in court. You may also see contract checklist samples.
- A termination checklist allows employees to take part in the termination process so that they will know what benefits and compensation they can get after their separation from the company.
- A termination checklist provides the date when an employee can get their final paycheck.
- A termination checklist helps both employer and employees determine the equipment or things that need to be returned to the company upon separation.
- A termination checklist serves as a reminder that employers need to update their employee records so that those who left will be taken out of the list and will officially be no longer part of the company.
FREE 8+ Restroom Checklist Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 28+ Cleaning Checklist Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Trade Show Checklist Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Excel | PDF
FREE 10+ Liability Insurance Checklist Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ Liability Claim Checklist Samples & Templates in PDF
FREE 15+ HR Checklist Samples & Templates in PDF
FREE 6+ Product Liability Checklist Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 41+ Printable Checklist Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 56+ Checklist Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 17+ Daily Checklist Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 44+ Sample Checklist Samples & Templates in Samples in Excel | PDF | MS Word
FREE 19+ Task Checklist Samples & Templates in PDF | Excel | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 21+ Student Checklist Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 19+ Delivery Checklist Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 20+ Monthly Checklist Samples & Templates in Excel | MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages