The general deployment process usually consist of several activities that are related within the transitions that they have between them. It can occur both on the producer and on the consumer side. Every system is unique, which means that the process itself contained within the activity might be hardly defined. That is why the word “deployment” is considered as a general process that must undergo customization in accordance with the requirements set and the characteristics.
10+ Deployment Checklist Samples
1. Application Deployment Checklist Template
Computers by nature are large and expensive. Their software systems were often designed to be bundled together with its hardware. In most cases like if there is a need for business software to be installed in an existing computer, you should expect an expensive and time-consuming visit by a system consultant. In pre-internet software deployments, the deployments were mostly of necessity expensive and infrequent. The occurrence of cloud computing and software as a service usually mean that a particular software can be deployed considering a large number of customers over the internet. Basically, deployment schedules can be determined by software supplier itself, not by the customers.
2. Deployment Preparations Checklist
3. Pre-Deployment Checklist
4. Personal Pre-Deployment Checklist
5. Contingent Deployment Checklist
6. Family Deployment Checklist
7. Family Member Pre-Deployment Checklist
8. Deployment Master Checklist
9. Preparation Packing Deployment Checklist
10. Employer Deployment Checklist
11. Enterprise Pre-Deployment Checklist
Planning the deployment of a particular business is essential in the project development. If the goal is to have a successful deployment, you should consider investing more in the planning process. You can start planning either at the end of the specification phrase or at the beginning of the building phase. Take note that it should be before the acceptance testing.
Steps to Successful Deployment
1. First of all, you should have a draft of the plan. The draft must be able to include all the necessary procedures and preliminary schedules needed. You may include tech people to make it more realistic. You need to have a clear idea about how long are you going to going to allot for the business down time, when you are going to inform those who are involved, and what could be there possible messages.
2. Go over with your draft and then check if there are breaks in the system availability and what could be there possible impact in the business. After that, make a communication plan on how you are going to inform your staffs and clients as to how the deployment would affect.
3. There are basic structures that you can use in deployment planning. Below is an example:
- Preliminaries + briefing + reserving resources
- Timespan before deployment
- Cut over
- Production test or authentication
- First day in production use
- Second day in production use
This type of plan includes several activities suited for a lot of people. There will a list of tasks shown regarding what to do, when to do, and how critical it would be.
4. Ensure a rollback plan. Rollback plan helps in making sure that the business itself is safe if ever something might go wrong.
5. It is advisable that deployment should be tested first before you are going to have it live. Make a verification over the things that should be done and assess if there is something that you actually missed when doing the planning process. A good time to implement a deployment exercise is when you are able to start the acceptance testing.
6. Make sure that you go over the tasks so that they would basically know what to do. Assess if they already know how to check or report the tasks as ready, what to do when they are faced with issues and who to contact if needed.
What are the steps in creating a deployment checklist?
Step 1 – define all the items that you want to add in your deployment checklist.
Step 2 – add a corresponding property where all deployment packages will have a certain property that will satisfy the checklist you have created.
Step 3 – build a checklist for a specific environment.
How are the deployment checklists be verified?
You will know if a deployment checklist has been verified when a deployment has already been configured and when a deployment is already executed.
What are some of the deployment activities?
It includes release, installation and activation, deactivation, uninstallation, update, built-in update, and version tracking.
The complexity of the software products brought the emergence of the roles associated with the engineering and coordination of deployment process. The deployment among software involves a lot of roles and these roles would definitely change as the application progresses.
FREE 21+ Student Checklist Samples
FREE 18+ Wedding Registry Checklists
FREE 16+ Sample Packing Checklist
FREE 13+ House Cleaning Checklist Samples
FREE 13+ College Checklist Templates
FREE 12+ Sample Due Diligence Checklist
FREE 12+ Control Checklist Samples
FREE 11+ Home Buying Checklists
Business Start-up Checklist
FREE 10+ Opening Checklist Samples
FREE 25+ Sample Restaurant Checklist
FREE 19+ Quality Checklist Samples
FREE 14+ Sample Wedding Checklists
FREE 11+ House Cleaning Checklist Templates
FREE 11+ Sample Renovation Checklist