Creating an organizational chart is essential to the operations of a business or company. An organizational chart is like a flowchart that provides the details and graphical information of the entire work flow based on the level of every individual’s position within a company’s management.
This page contains different samples and templates of organizational charts that can be used in making the organizational chart for your business. Other than our organizational chart templates, you may want to download our pie chart samples as well. If you want to learn more about organizational charts, you can read more about it below.
Company Organizational Chart
Organizational Chart for Church
Blank Organizational Chart Sample
Organizational Chart for Agency
Business Organizational Chart Sample
What Is an Organizational Chart?
Although an organizational chart is a single tool, there are different ways on how it can be outlined. Our free charts will help you format your chart.
- An organizational chart is a graphical representation of a company’s structure. It includes the way that the positions of the employees of the business are arranged.
- An organizational chart’s main purpose is to outline the roles or job positions and responsibilities of a company’s employees.
- An organizational chart helps individuals understand how the company works and how the positions present within the workplace are connected from one another.
Tips in Creating an Organizational Chart
An organizational chart must be well-structured to ensure that it will be usable and functional. These are some of the guidelines that you can follow when making an organizational chart:
- Assure that the levels of the positions are arranged appropriately in order to prevent misunderstandings that may occur, especially when interpreting the data present in the organizational chart.
- Develop an organizational chart that can fully display every department as well as how it is related to the other departments of the business.
- Even if there are different divisions present in the chart, make sure that the positions present are related to one another.
Free Organizational Chart
Organizational Chart For Library
Office Organizational Chart Example
Project Organizational Chart Example
University Organizational Chart
How to Make an Organizational Chart
It is very easy to create an organizational chart especially if you already have a guide or an outline to follow. The steps that you can do to be able to make an organizational chart are listed below.
- The first thing that you need to do is to download a template that you can use in formatting the organizational chart that you will create.
- List down the name of the employees in a draft including their positions so it will be easier for you to transfer them in the organizational chart.
- Just like in creating sample chore charts, make sure that you will place the job functions of each work position.
- Make the different placements of the boxes present in the tool depending on the number of people within the organization or business.
- Connect the boxes containing the names of the employees by drawing a line based on the relation of each employee from one another.
- Review the information written in your organizational chart and assess whether there are any other things that you may need to change, especially in the placements of each of the boxes.
Other than our organizational chart templates, our time chart sample is also available for download if you specifically need that type of chart.
What Is a Pie Chart?
What Is a Flowchart?
What Does a Gantt Chart Show?
8+ Behavior Chart – Examples in Word, PDF
11+ Seating Chart Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Measurement Chart – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10+ Size Chart – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Compatibility Chart – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Chord Charts – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Wedding Chart – Examples in PowerPoint, PDF
9+ Size Charts – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Growth Chart Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Diet Chart – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10+ Measurement Chart – Examples in PDF
7+ Rate Chart – Examples in Word, PDF