Using visuals to present data and other information is an effective way to foster and stimulate learning, especially among little children. Visuals are also used in a various business proposals and presentation in the form of charts. One of the types of charts being used to represent data that is essential to businesses is the bar chart.
Charts are not only used as visual representation of data but also represents behavioral patterns and progress, just like what is shown in a behavioral chart. You will find helpful behavioral charts in this article that you can use to monitor and compare certain behavioral patterns.
Daily Behavior Chart Template
Weekly Behavior Chart
Blank Behavior Chart Sample
Classroom Behavior Chart Example
Elementary Behavior Template
Printable Behavior Chart
What Is a Behavior Chart?
Behavior charts are used to monitor the behavior and the changes in behavior of an individual in different given situations that they are not aware of. The use of behavior charts are common in schools, especially very young children. Children can choose if they are helpful or hurtful to other children or people. A behavior chart can also help correct faulty behavior through planned intervention and monitoring. You can also check other charts, like the printable time chart.
How to Use Behavior Charts for Kids
- Determine what behavior you want to monitor or correct about the child and choose the appropriate chart for that behavior.
- Once you have made your choice, secure a copy of the chart or download any of our samples and have it printed.
- List down the behaviors that you want to monitor about the child. Also list down the rewards you want to award them for doing best practices.
- Label the chart with the behaviors you have listed. Examples of these behaviors could be doing chores, saying please and thank you, and following instructions.
- Always mark the behavior that the child is able to practice.
You might find these sample baby sign language charts helpful.
Hourly Behavior Chart
Individual Behavior Chart
Monthly Behavior Chart
Behavior Frequency Chart Example
Student Behavior Chart
How to Build a Behavior Chart for Your Toddler
Here are steps on how you can create an effective behavior chart for your toddler. You may also check free time charts.
- Make a list of the things that you want your toddler to be able to do. Since they are still little and their skills are limited, also limit your choices that are possible for your toddler’s age.
- Create a chart template or have one downloaded and printed.
- Select three things that you want your toddler to do. After a couple of weeks, add two more things on top of three you have selected.
- Mark your chart for every task that they are able to do or have them mark it on their own.
- Give them a reward, as a positive reinforcement, every time they are able to complete a task.
Dos and Don’ts of the Behavior Chart
Before you start marking and giving rewards about your behavior chart, check these dos and don’ts first. We also have time conversion charts.
- You should clearly explain the behavior you want to change or you want to be done.
- Make sure to identify the reward and how to get it ahead of time.
- When setting rewards, make sure that it is attainable.
FREE 8+ Price Chart Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 11+ Baby Chart Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Pareto Chart Templates in Excel | PDF | MS Word
FREE 40+ Chart Templates in PDF | Excel | MS Word
How to Organize Chart Examples [ How to Organize, Tips to Organize ]
How Do You Create a Chart Templates in MS Word? [ How to Create, Ways & Tips to Create ]
What Are the Types of Charts? [ Basic Charts, How to Choose, Uses of Charts ]
What Is a Pie Chart? [ How to Use, Tips for Creating ]
What Is a Flowchart? [ Types, How to Create, Difference ]
What Does a Gantt Chart Show? [ Definition, Purpose, Types, Advantages and Disadvantages ]
FREE 10+ Measurement Charts in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Size Charts in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 10+ Size Chart Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 10+ Growth Chart Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Diet Chart Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel