Dispensing expert advice for improvement and growth of business, marketing, finance, or education has become big business for most professional consultants. In the United States alone, independent consultants made a combined $2 billion for their services. That’s how expensive—and profitable—providing expert advice is in all fields of discipline.
Our Sample Agreements for independent consulting agreements give a general view on the terms by which parties are able to come up with an agreement based on the samples being presented on this website. These are all free for downloading in both Word Doc and PDF files.
Independent Consulting Agreement Example
Independent Contractor Consulting Agreement
Independent Consulting Services Agreement PDF
Independent Sales Consulting Agreement Sample
Any experienced professional in specific fields of business, education, engineering, and even entertainment can be hired as a consultant as long as he or she has the right credentials and able to dispense expert advice that will result in the growth and profitability of the institution or organization. Being an independent consultant means the expert is not employed by the client and the work is being done temporarily depending on the terms of agreement. An agreement for independent consulting may include the following terms:
- Duties and Responsibilities – May include the terms with which the consultant adheres to the schedules imposed and what projects he or she needs to manage under the direct supervision of the chief executive officer who needs to approve each proposal being presented.
- Terms of Agreement/Timetable – The date with which the consultant’s services shall start with the program; how many hours he or she is expected to work until such time the project will have finished and the agreement will have been concluded. This agreement may be extended or terminated at any time based on client’s preference.
- Retention Policy – Client shall engage the services of the consultant whenever needed and may be called upon several times depending on the results of the project ,and consultancy is being dispensed regularly while consultant remains independent of the client’s company or organization.
- Compensation – The rate agreed upon that the client pays to the consultant depending on the hours worked, with corresponding billing arrangements.
- Confidentiality Clause – Pertains to the secrecy of of all data and information supplied by the client to the consultant. These should not be passed on by the client to other persons unless client publicly makes any information publicly available.
Depending on the agreement, both client and contractor may indicate other stipulations or provisions where applicable. Reports and presentations used may become property of the client and all other aspects of the work should be turned over to the client.
For more examples related to consulting agreements, please check out more on our website’s Business Consulting Agreements. The examples being presented give a general outline on the draft of the agreement, which users may download or use as guides.
Independent Consulting Agreement Format
Professional Independent Consulting Agreement
Independent Product Consulting Agreement
Hiring independent consultants give a lot of advantages to clients. For one, they can employ them on a temporary basis and can call them only when needed. This can save the company a sizable sum rather than employing a consultant on a full-time basis. Similarly, being independent means consultant will have time to work for different clients and will not be tied to just one client and not be able to demonstrate nor share his/her full ability and brand of expertise to others.
For even more samples, please check out our Standard Consulting Agreements and click on the link to view the samples. These are also available for download and print in Word Doc and PDF files.
13+ Sample Business Agreements
21+ Non-compete Agreement Examples & Samples – PDF, Word
13+ Simple Business Agreements
10+ Business Agreement Format Samples
10+ Business Agreement Samples
12+ Sample Business Agreements
6+ Apartment Rental Agreement Samples
11+ Sample Apartment Rental Agreement Template – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Apartment Rental Agreement Templates – PDF, Word
41+ Printable Lease Agreements
46+ Lease Agreement Formats & Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
11+ Settlement Agreement Samples
13+ Sample Settlement Agreements
14+ Settlement Agreement Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Arbitration Agreements