Bookkeeping agreements are also known as accounting contracts, bookkeeping contracts, bookkeeping contract agreements, or bookkeeping services contracts. This type of agreement usually occurs between a company and a specific client and the bookkeeper who is responsible for offering various bookkeeping services. This contract is considered essential because it provides protection to your legal rights and outlines the responsibilities of the parties involved. What are the conditions you have to apply when using a bookkeeping agreement? Well, you will be able to know about it once you will begin leveling up your interest in reading this article.
10+ Bookkeeping Agreement Samples
Bookkeeping agreements are services that are only offered on one time only or on a monthly basis. The bookkeeper has to make an access with the banking records, accounting services, revenue details, financial information, and other related matters. Going back to the question, “what are the conditions to apply when using a bookkeeping agreement?” You are allowed to use a bookkeeping agreement if you are able to represent an accounting firm that will be responsible in handling a new client’s bookkeeping activities, if you are a bookkeeper who needs to take a new client to set up a contract before providing them the services, if you want to hire a qualified accountant who can control the activities related to accounting and would be willing to write an agreement that would define the scope of the services, and if you are an owner of the business who needs to hire an accountant and bookkeeper in order to have someone handle the different aspects of business finance.
1. Bookkeeping Agreement
2. Bookkeeping Service Agreement Template
3. Restaurant Bookkeeping Agreement Template
4. Bookkeeping Contract Agreement
5. Bookkeeping and Tax Service Agreement
6. Bookkeeping Services Agreement
7. Share Bookkeeping Service Agreement
8. Bookkeeping Professional Services Agreement
9. Client Bookkeeping Transfer Agreement
10. Bookkeeping Disclosure Agreement
11. Bookkeeping Maintenance Agreement
How to Write a Bookkeeping Agreement?
- The accountant and the client must be fully identified – the first statement in the agreement will usually begin by having a documentation of the date when both parties involved have made the agreement. This usually requires you to make a record to the calendar month and day on the first blank line and the year on the second blank line. Make sure that the accountant will be named in the statement by simply locating the space intended for producing the name of the accountant being commissioned. The client who is going to hire the accountant named in the statement must have his or her full name on the blank line being labeled as the “client”.
- Define all the accounting services that will be provided – provide a very accurate description about the job. There will mostly be checkboxes seen on the document where you can choose to mark. If there would be a case where the last items do not define what the accountant is being hired to do, then you can mark the last box stated as “others” and specify the services required.
- Record the agreed upon compensation for the accountant’s services – mark the boxes that would describe the pay rate of the accountant. If it will be an hourly rate, then mark the box that corresponds to it. If he or she will be paid a fixed amount, then indicate it. This section also requires how often will the accountant be paid and how the client will be treating the money the accountant pays out of pocket in order to complete the task he or she is commissioned to perform.
- Report when and where this agreement is effective – include when and where the terms of this agreement will be active and choose in the box when the accountant is expected to work for the client.
- The accountant and client must agree on the terms through a binding signature – the accountant will be signing the blank line indicating the “accountant’s signature” with a signature date. The accountant must also print his or her name on the “print name” line. On the other hand, a client must also do the same thing.
What are some of the contents in a bookkeeping agreement?
It includes the accounting firm or accountant’s name and address, client’s name and address, accountant’s license information, date of the commencement of agreement and indication as to how long it would take, services offered by the accountant, services that the bookkeeper will not provide, pricing of the services, steps on the dissolution of the agreement, and state laws that govern the agreement.
How will the accountant perform the listed services?
The accountant will perform the listed services based on the standards stated by the National Association of Accountants and National Tax Preparers’ Association.
What is the term of the bookkeeping agreement?
The contract term will effect on the date it was created and proceeds on a monthly basis. It will be ended by a cancellation by either of the involved parties.
If you want to see more samples and format, check out some of the bookkeeping agreement samples and templates provided in the article for your reference.
FREE 10+ Limited Liability Partnership Agreement Samples
FREE 10+ Sample Master Settlement Agreement
FREE 10+ Sample Property Management Agreement
FREE 6+ Owner Operator Lease Agreement Templates
FREE 33+ Confidentiality Agreement Forms in MS Word PDF
FREE 24+ Sample Service Agreement Templates in PDF MS Word ...
FREE 21+ Sample Agreement Templates in PDF MS Word ...
FREE 11+ Sample Contract Agreement Templates in PDF MS ...
FREE 8+ Sample Confidential Disclosure Agreement Templates in ...
FREE 6+ Sample Renters Agreement Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 9+ Rental Agreement Samples in MS Word PDF
FREE 10+ Small Business Investment Agreement Samples in MS ...
FREE 9+ Sample Individual Employment Agreement Templates in ...
FREE 14+ Sample Purchase Agreement Templates in PDF MS ...
FREE 23+ Service Agreement Templates and Samples in PDF MS ...