Have you experienced putting a particular property for rent or even be that someone who looks for a space to rent? If yes, I suppose you already know something about rental agreements. Your rental agreement can be as short as one page only. It is usually typed or handwritten depending on the owner. Most of the landlords use form that are only preprinted. Other than that, most rental agreements contain what we call the “usual suspects” of rental provisions. They are usually indicated with a numbered paragraphs, but these provisions are often placed in a legal language. However, if you haven’t got the chance to involve yourself to any rental activities before, we have here various information that will help you understand the context.
Rental agreements are defined as a type of document that provides an outline of the arrangement between the owner of a real estate and the tenant who is capable of paying the rent while occupying a particular property. It is a document that is used for occupying properties for a specific period of time by paying for a monthly rent. The terms and conditions of the contract or the agreement ca be made negotiable between the landlord and the tenant. Once the document has been signed, the form will be considered as legally binding.
10+ Short Rental Agreement Samples
1. Short Rental Agreement Template
2. Restaurant Short Term Rental Agreement Template
3. Short Term House Rental Agreement Template
4. Short Term Rental Agreement
5. Short Term Rental Lease Agreement
6. Sample Short Rental Agreement
7. Seasonal Short Rental Agreement
8. Short Term Vacation Rental Agreement
9. Standard Short Rental Agreement
10. Fixed Short Term Rental Agreement
11. Short Home Rental Agreement
Some of the Typical Provisions in Rental Agreements
- Names and addresses of both the landlord and the tenants – they are referred to as “parties” in the agreement. Both the landlord and the tenants are the ones who will sign the document or the agreement form. If in case that a property manager has the authority to receive notices with regards to the legal papers made in the landlord’s behalf, you should might as well see the name and the address.
- Rental property address and details – the rental agreement may also include the list of parking space, furnishings, and other areas related to the rental property.
- Term of tenancy – the term is considered to be the length of the rental. The document must have the beginning date and the payment terms of the rental.
- Rent – there is no known limits with the amount on how much the landlord can charge. However, the landlord doesn’t have any rights to put a higher price based on the tenant’s group characteristic, race, etc.
- Deposits and fees – these are the details of the cleaning deposit, security deposit, and the last month’s rent.
- Utilities – the details pertaining to utilities must also be stated in the agreement. Tenants usually pay for other services including monthly internet, electricity, water, etc.
- Condition of the rental unit – it usually includes a clause where you can place if the tenant agrees that the rental unit is in livable condition.
- Limits on tenant behavior – most agreements have statements with regards to how tenants should behave while they are in the premises.
- Restrictions on the number of occupants – most landlord prefer to limit the number of occupants per unit or property. Well basically, the landlords can set any rules they want as long as it is not considered as discriminatory.
- Grounds for termination of tenancy – there will sometimes be a clause where you can see that any violation to the given rules and regulation are grounds for termination. The rules for terminating a tenancy usually vary.
What are some of the items that might attached to the rental lease?
It includes lead paint disclosure, mold disclosures, state voter registrations, and other disclosures required under the local law.
Can a rental agreement be used as proof of address?
There are some cases that a valid rental agreement can be used as proof of address.
If you want to see more samples and format, check out some of the short rental agreement samples and templates provided in the article for your reference.
FREE 12+ Sample Car Rental Agreement
FREE 11+ Sample Room Rental Agreement
FREE 10+ Sample Lease Rental Agreement
FREE 9+ Personal Car Rental Agreement Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Standard Rental Agreement
FREE 9+ Sample Rental Agreement
FREE 8+ Sample Rental Agreement
FREE 7+ Sample Home Rental Agreement
FREE 6+ Sample Generic Rental Agreement
FREE 6+ House Agreement Samples
FREE 13+ Sample Rental Contract Agreement
FREE 9+ Sample Rental Agreement
FREE 9+ Sample Short-Form Agreements
FREE 8+ Car Rental Agreement Samples
FREE 8+ Home Rental Agreement Templates