The administrative assistant position entails a lot of responsibilities. The task and functions of an admin assistant can be disparate as these are multitudinous. That is why, if you are planning to apply for such a position, you need to be aware that most companies set high standards in screening applicants for this position. And in order to increase your chances of getting hired, dazzle the recruiters with your stellar qualities by submitting a well-crafted resume. One of the most effective ways to make your resume is to include a resume objective section at the topmost part of your resume.
To know more about resume objectives, download our administrative assistant resume objective samples on this page or you can also browse our website for more Sample Objectives.
Medical Administrative Assistant Resume Objective
Best Administrative Assistant Resume Objective
Executive Administrative Assistant Resume Objective
Entry Level Administrative Assistant Resume Objective
An Administrative Assistant
An administrative assistant is the person who juggles multiple tasks within the company such as keeping records, managing and distributing information to various departments, and coordinating with managers and supervisors. An administrative assistant is an essential fixture in any large company since he/she is in charge of performing clerical tasks for the administrative head.
Job Functions of an Admin Assistant: Can I Perform These?
To help you examine your qualifications, whether or not you can perform the tasks of an admin assistant, here are the basic functions of administrative assistants:
- manage the mails that are needed to be delivered whether on the different departments of the company or the clients of the business;
- do special functions like booking flights and hotels for out-of-town overseas meetings of company executives;
- perform administrative duties, especially those that are needed for documentation and company reference;
- greet visitors and attend to their needs, especially if it is their first time to visit the premises of the company or they are in the area for a specific business or professional purpose;
- answer phone calls, may it be from outside entities or inter-department calls, hence assuring that he or she is knowledgeable of the numbers of different departments;
- know the office programs and applications that are used in different administrative processes;
- organize company schedules and meetings; and
- ability to take note of important details that is needed to be relayed to different employees or company divisions.
Once you have your objectives, you can now start making your Administrative Assistant Resumes.
Sales Administrative Assistant Resume Objective
Construction Administrative Assistant Resume Objective
HR Administrative Assistant Resume Objective
Resume Objective Section
An objective resume section is an essential part of a resume; it is the part where you provide the recruiter a brief overview of your career goals, most salient qualifications, and how you wish to add value to the company.
Things to Remember in Making Your Resume Objective Section
1. Don’t make it too long. Three sentences will do.
2. Don’t make it all about you. The common mistake job applicants usually commit is by rambling on and on about how being in the company can nourish their career instead of vice versa.
3. Don’t make a cookie-cutter objective. Generalized objectives are about as inutile as a dull knife on a piece of hard root crop.
4. Emphasize how you aim to add value to the company’s goals or visions.
5. It must contain only three parts:
- statement of your most salient qualification,
- specific career goals, and
- how you want to add value to the company.
Now that you know the guidelines, feel free to browse our templates for a more in-depth knowledge of how to make a resume objective; For more reference, you can also check out our collection of Objective Statement Resume templates by clicking on the link provided.
FREE 6+ Sample Lesson Plan Objective Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Marketing Objective Example Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample General Objective for Resume Templates in PDF
FREE 40+ Sample Objectives in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Career Objective Statement Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ General Resume Objective Samples in PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Customer Service Objective Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Objective For Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Good Resume Objective Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Objectives for Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Resume Objective Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Bibliography Sample for Project in PDF
FREE 10+ One Point Lesson Samples in PDF
FREE 6+ Permit to Work Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Church Directory Samples in PDF