Part of the responsibility of a human resource manager is hiring employees and assigning them into their respective positions, but a human resource manager’s job does not stop the moment they placed a new employee. A follow-up of their performance throughout their employment is done through employee performance evaluation.
Evaluation assessments could be done by the human resource manager through different techniques, like employee self-evaluation and employee performance evaluation questionnaire. The former is answered by the employee himself, the latter is used by the supervisor. Using two different ways to evaluate ensure that both parties have shared their side.
Sales Employee Evaluation Form
Employee Performance Evaluation Form
Simple Employee Evaluation Form
Annual Employee Evaluation Form
What Is Employee Evaluation Form?
An employee evaluation is an instrument that employers used to assess the performance of the employees. Most of the time, it is not the employers themselves who conduct this evaluation, this is assigned to the department supervisor or human resource manager since they are the one who are close in proximity and are able to observe these employees in the actual work setting. Employee evaluation form PDF and other file types contain a checklist or a Likert scale regarding the employee’s personal traits, skills, and quality of work. There is also a portion for comments and recommendation.
How to Write a Response to an Employee Evaluation?
A response to an employee evaluation to your supervisor is expected. If you don’t respond it would seem like you are dismissing the evaluation, which would not make your records look good. Take this opportunity as a way to discuss your weaknesses and strengths. To write a response, review the evaluation carefully. You could see employee evaluation form sample to have an idea about the contents. Refer to the job description you’ve sign up for, this way you’ll see if the covered items are also within the range of your duties. For the areas that are highly rated, an appreciation should be expressed.
Employee Training Evaluation Forms
Employee Development Training Evaluation
Employee Post Training Evaluation
Employee Training Evaluation Format
Top Tips for Employee Evaluation
- Establish a foundation of clear, measurable, achievable, and realistic objectives. This will serve as a standard on how to evaluate the employees and for them to be aware which part they would have to work on.
- When conducting an employee evaluation, ensure that it is more positive than negative and valuable to the employees.
- Choose appropriate non-judgmental words when evaluating on the negative performance or weak qualities. Always remind yourself that you are not judging the person, rather you are evaluating their performances. The traits and skills of a person does not define them. Help them instead to develop these weaknesses.
- When employee performance evaluation form contains intangible traits to be evaluated, make sure that these traits align to the job and matches the behavior of the employees so that there would be a reliable basis of the assessment.
- Detach personal feelings and opinions. Again, avoid personal judgment in evaluating because you are not evaluating the person but his skills and performance.
- Incorporate employee self-evaluation. This would make the employee feel like they also have a say in the evaluation, that they also get to rate their efforts.
Uses of Employee Evaluation
If you notice on the evaluation form examples, there are different kinds of evaluation. There is employee development training evaluation, which is an assessment done in identifying training needs of the employees. Employee post training evaluation, this is to help determine the aftereffects of the training conducted, whether it was effective to the performance or not. These employee evaluation are conducted at different times, but what they have in common is the significance of the results. The results from the evaluation could help the management in identifying which employee deserves a recognition and award, which training is needed for the enhancement of performance, and what are the strengths and weaknesses of the organization.
Company Employee Evaluation
Nursing Employee Evaluation
Restaurant Employee Evaluation
Employee Self Evaluation Form
New Employee Performance Evaluation Form
What’s the Purpose of Employee Evaluation?
- To keep the employee’s quality performance align with the company’s vision, mission, and goals.
- To identify the kind of training the employees need.
- To assess the performance of the employees periodically.
- For the employee and the management to discuss opportunities for career growth and development.
- Allow performance feedback.
- Allow recognition and awards for the excellent performance.
Other than the employee evaluation form, employee self-evaluation forms enable the employee to compare their performance to what the management expected from them. On the other hand, the lecture evaluation forms is given to the employees during lecture training.
Importance of Employee Evaluation for HR
The human resource department is responsible for the human resources of the company. The qualified and skilled employees are the human resource—that is what runs the business. There was this businessman that was asked how he managed to maintain a great company for years. He said that it was not his money that made the company last, rather it was his people. Employee evaluation plays an important role both in developing the skills of the employees and in identifying how and who to recognize these employees who are giving quality performance that makes the company stand as long as it is now. Conference evaluation forms in word is used whenever employee evaluation conference is done.
Manager Evaluation Form
90-Day Employee Evaluation
Basic Employee Evaluation Form
Employee Peer Evaluation Form
Employee Evaluation of Supervisor
Blank Employee Evaluation Form
Church Employee Evaluation Form
Student Employee Evaluation
Guidelines: Dos and Don’ts of an Employee Evaluation
- Establish a system for measuring the employee’s performance.
- Be straightforward, factual, and performance-based.
- Request employee evaluation response from the employees.
- Document all the covered discussion and points of the evaluation.
- Highlight the positive performance and provide why it was considered as good performance.
- Provide employee self-evaluation form.
- Use evaluation forms in Word or in PDF for record-keeping.
- Use the recorded performance evaluation as guide for the future outcomes.
- Meeting evaluation forms should be given after every employee performance evaluation conference.
- Do not wait for the annual performance conference to discuss the results of the evaluation.
- Do not criticize the employee.
- Do not avoid hard discussions.
- Do not forget that change can be difficult for the employees. Help them face these changes and challenges gradually.
- Do not make negative comments that would affect the employee’s personal feelings and personal being. Keep it professional.
- Do not be vague on your feedback.
- Do not forget to align the behavior and traits to the outcome that affects the company.
- Do not forget to give recognition.
- Do not dismiss the employee’s side when he/she is talking.
FREE 10+ School Admission Form Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 63+ Sample Application Form Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Employee Advance Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 4+ Employee Performance Appraisal Form Templates in PDF
FREE 20+ Membership Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 33+ Consultation Form Samples in PDF
FREE 20+ Coaching Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Student Registration Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 29+ Education Form Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Employee Details Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 33+ Campus Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Administration Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Case Report Form Samples in PDF
FREE 20+ Waiver Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 15+ Sample Startup Form Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF