Invoice serves as a demand for payment. It is a record of transaction given by the seller prior to the payment of the consumer. Clarification on what the customers are paying for is one importance of invoice samples that is considered on why they are usually requested, given, or kept.
Here we will show you samples of generating invoice in Excel, PDF, and Word as well as the difference between proforma and commercial invoice. We will also give tips on how to prepare a proforma invoice and why you need it. There are available samples that show you different proforma invoice.
Proforma Invoice Sample
Simple Proforma Invoice
Professional Service Proforma Invoice
Pro Forma Invoice Format in Excel
Commercial Proforma Invoice
Why Do We Need Proforma Invoice?
Here are invaluable points to take note:
- As mentioned above, this provides a breakdown on the products and items that the customers are about to pay. This is sent before any shipment of item has been made.
- It is great for record-keeping to track stocks and the earnings of the company.
- An impression of professionalism. You will be able to gain the client’s trust by being transparent on what they are paying for.
Tips on How to Prepare a Proforma Invoice
- Write or type your business information on the the spreadsheet or document.
- Create original invoice numbers or codes for each item.
- Write the date of the invoice. This will also make the payment time less for the clients.
- Don’t forget to write the description of each item, materials used, quantity, and the services rendered.
- Add up the total of the items and/or services provided.
- In addition to the prices, include the sales tax for all the taxable items or services.
- Supply payment terms.
There are sales invoice samples available that are easy to follow and could serve as guide.
Proforma Invoice Sample
Generic Proforma Invoice Form in PDF
Difference between Pro forma Invoice and Commercial Invoice
Proforma invoice is a pre-shipment written document that contains the unit prices, qualities, total price of the goods to be paid by the consumer. It also includes the different mode of payments available, and the additional charges or taxes of item or services rendered by the company. On the other hand, commercial invoice is used to record the accounts receivable and payable for the accounting record. This is given once items are paid. In foreign trade, it is used in customs to declare that the item is imported.
With the knowledge that you have right now about invoices, you can now make your very own. Our samples are available either in PDF, Excel, or word, which makes them easy to use and edit to your specifications and needs. What are you waiting for? Download now!
11+ Rent Invoices – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Rental Invoice Samples
9+ Sample Rent Invoice Templates to Download
10+ Real Estate Invoice Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
11+ Travel Invoices – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Travel Invoice Samples – Examples in PDF, Word
12+ Billing Invoice Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10+ Billing Invoice Templates – Free Samples, Examples & Format
8+ Plumbing Invoices – Free Samples, Examples, and Formats
6+ Painting Invoice Samples – Examples in PDF, Excel
5+ Roofing Invoice Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
12+ Roofing Invoice Templates
5+ Graphic Design Invoice Samples
7+ Graphic Design Invoice Samples
13+ HVAC Invoice Templates