When managing a business, you have to employ standard methods in all aspects of your business operations. From the delivery of goods, the recruiting of employees, up to the customer’s payment of goods, every business dealing and action must be standardized. This standardization includes the use of formal documents.
An invoice is one of the essential documents that a business must have. This particular document is used by businesses to communicate their request for payment from their customers and clients. Not only is the method of issuing invoices professional and businesslike, it is also polite, legal, and practical. Hence, if you are managing a business, it would be easier for you to create an invoice for your business if you refer to a template. On this page, we are providing you with various downloadable invoice templates.
Generic Commercial Invoice Template
Generic Billing Invoice
Generic Service Invoice
Generic Business Invoice
What Is a Generic Invoice?
A generic invoice is a document equivalent to a formal request on the part of the business to its customers. The main aim of this document is to ask one’s customers to pay for the particular goods, products, properties, and services that they have availed. There are several functions of an invoice that makes it an essential document in a business. The most notable functions of an invoice are the following:
- It helps businesses obtain the legal right to start court proceedings should the event happen that a customer would resist from making payment despite the prior request for payment through an invoice.
- It helps businesses provide a valid proof of their tax claims.
- It helps businesses analyze their customer’s buying preferences and the trends of the market.
Speaking of invoices, you can learn more about its formal and content from our collection of invoice PDF templates. Moreover, we also have legal invoice templates for those who are involved in providing legal services to clients.
Generic Medical Invoice
Generic Sales Invoice
Generic Tax Invoice
Generic Contractor Invoice
Generic Customs Invoice
Why Use Our Generic Invoice Templates?
One of the main elements of a good invoice is its distinction when it comes to:
- Retaining the branding of the business through the usage of the same color schemes, design, and logos in the invoice design
- Including fields or areas that correspond to the types or categories of services and products that your company offers
Hence, since our generic invoice templates are designed in such a way that it lacks the abovementioned specificity, this makes it easier for our templates to be edited according to the specifications of your business. It is up to the user to add all the details that he/she deems important in every business transaction.
How to Use Our Generic Invoice Templates
- Download the templates that suit your preferences the most
- Add your company details (logo, company name, address, and contact information)
- Add columns that you deem necessary such as but not limited to:
- Discount price per bulk purchase
- Taxable amounts
- Delivery specifics
- Payment method (cash, debit, credit, cash on delivery)
- Use the colors of your company as the color of your invoice’s layout or theme
We also have contractor invoice for freelancers and independent contractors. On the other hand, we also have consulting invoice templates. To access these templates, simply click on their respective links.
16+ Basic Invoice Templates – Free Samples, Examples & Format
14+ Simple Invoice Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
34+ Invoice Formats
39+ Sample Invoices
45+ Invoice Templates
15+ Sample Invoices
41+ Sample Printable Invoices
8+ Sample Billing Invoices
10+ Self-Employed Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Retail Invoice Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Rent Invoices – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Rental Invoice Samples
9+ Sample Rent Invoice Templates to Download
10+ Real Estate Invoice Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
11+ Travel Invoices – Free Sample, Example, Format Download