An invoice functions as an official request for payment for the goods or services provided. Because of this, they are very valuable in keeping the revenue stream of the business flowing. Aside from its usual function, there are many other uses of Invoice in the organization. Businesses need to take seriously invoicing their clients.
Not many people know exactly what an invoice is and what it is for though. Many people are confused with the words invoice and purchase order and often use one when they actually mean the other. This article aims to educate you about the difference between the two as well as to provide you with invoice templates that you can use for your business.
Basic Invoice Template
Blank Hotel Invoice Templates
Hotel Reimbursement Invoice
Hotel Bill Invoice
Hotel Accommodation Invoice
Motor Cycle Sales Invoice
Car Sales Invoice
Sales Tax Invoice
How to Write an Invoice for Payment
When venturing into business of any kind, you are sure to be dealing with invoices sooner rather than later. They are such an integral part for any business that you must learn how to make one. We understand that invoicing is not the most fun part of any business and it is oftentimes difficult to do. That is why we provide the steps below for you to follow when making an invoice.
- Create an invoice header. Having a header to place your business name, address, and contact details assures your clients that they are dealing with a legitimate business. After placing your business information, you also need to include the information of your client, their name, address, and contact information.
- Itemize the services provided. Place all the services that you provide your customers. Provide the amount you charge per item or per hour of your service. Next to it, write the number of hours or quantity of items delivered. Finally, calculate the total cost the client has to pay.
- Write additional information and some important terms. Include the payment terms and return policy.
When all else fails and writing an invoice becomes too hard a task, you can easily use the Free Invoice samples that we provide and save time and effort.
Blank Billing Invoice Templates
Generic Billing Invoice
Business Tax Invoice
A Guide to Creating Your First Freelance Invoice
These days, more and more people are going the freelance route. The convenience provided of working from anywhere and at your own time is something most people cannot resist. The risk of not getting paid though is higher when you are a freelancer. You must then make sure that you have a trustworthy client that pays you promptly. To make sure you get paid as a freelancer, you must make sending your clients an invoice a habit. This way, they are reminded of the work that you did and you are making an official request for payment through them. The process of sending your clients a good freelance invoice almost assures that you get to make that Payment Receipt for your effort. The process of creating your first freelance invoice is very much like making any invoice, so taking on the task should not be too hard.
- Make a professional header. You provide professional freelance work, so make sure that is reflected on the invoice you send your clients. If you are providing freelance work as a business entity, write your business name. When working individually, write down your full name. Don’t forget to include you name, address, and contact information.
- Write down the client information. Make sure to bill the right client. Write down their name, address, phone number, and any other relevant information. This part is usually placed below and opposite the header.
- List the invoice details. An invoice number is essential as most clients refer to that number when recording your invoice. Include also the date when the sample invoice was prepared. Don’t forget to place the payment due date so clients know when to make the payment.
- Provide a breakdown of work done. Be sure to provide a detailed description of your work as a freelancer, your rate, hours worked, and the total cost of your services.
Blank Proforma Invoice Templates
Proforma Invoice for Health
Journal Proforma Invoice
Photography Business Invoice
Professional Business Invoice
Business Service Invoice
Student Fee Invoice
College Fee Invoice
Education Estimate Invoice
Is a Commercial Invoice Required for Documents?
A commercial invoice is a document that is mainly used for international trade. The commercial invoice is prepared by the exporter and is sent to the foreign buyer to make sure the exporter has the legal rights to sell the product. This way, the buyer is assured of the legitimacy of the seller and can then prepare the payment for the items to be shipped. A commercial invoice is required for any trade transaction across international borders. This document must correspond to all other documents included in the whole process (e.g., shipping label, purchase invoice).
There is no standard format in making commercial invoices. They come in many forms depending on the company that is making the trade transaction. There are, however, things that need to be present in these types of invoices. It needs to state the parties involved in the transaction, the country where it is from, a list of the items being shipped, and so on. Although, unlike most general invoices, a commercial invoice should include a statement saying all things written on it are certified true and correct and a signature of an authorized person. Check out these Invoice Templates for additional invoice information.
Blank Rent Invoice Templates
House Rent Invoice
Commercial Lease Invoice
Monthly Rent Invoice
Travel Agent Service Invoice
Travel Company Invoice
Travel Cost Invoice
Draft Commercial Invoice
Draft Shipping Invoice
Draft Consultancy Invoice
Blank Commercial Invoice Templates
Export Commercial Invoice
Printable Commercial Invoice
Tips in Creating the Best Invoice
- Simplicity is key. The point of the invoice is to request for payment, so make sure that clients can easily see the total amount to be paid and the detailed description of the work done. The payment due date should also be prominent on the invoice.
- Be as detailed as possible. The products or service that you write should be accompanied by a detailed description to leave no room for confusion.
- Specify your preferred payment method. State how clients can make the payment. It could be through bank transfer, cash, card, and so on.
- Automate. Invoicing is much more accurate when you automate the process.
Invoices, when done right, could be effective revenue-generating tools. Every business must then take invoicing seriously. The samples above are effective aids in the continued success of your business, so don’t leave without downloading. For photographers, check out our Photography Invoice samples.
8+ Rental Invoice Samples
9+ Sample Rent Invoice Templates to Download
10+ Real Estate Invoice Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
11+ Travel Invoices – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Travel Invoice Samples – Examples in PDF, Word
12+ Billing Invoice Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10+ Billing Invoice Templates – Free Samples, Examples & Format
8+ Plumbing Invoices – Free Samples, Examples, and Formats
6+ Painting Invoice Samples – Examples in PDF, Excel
5+ Roofing Invoice Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
12+ Roofing Invoice Templates
5+ Graphic Design Invoice Samples
7+ Graphic Design Invoice Samples
13+ HVAC Invoice Templates
6+ HVAC Invoice Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download