A memo is a written message or note sent by one individual to another. A memo is an important tool in getting a message across the intended party and is an important document in business. Business memos are used to send a message to the different departments of a company.
Many people use various memo types depending on its purpose. For example, a blank memo can be used for personal or business reasons and can either be formal or informal. If you need a blank memo, there are samples and templates available on this page to help you when creating one.
Blank Cash Memo
Blank Sales Memorandum
Free Blank Memorandum
What Are the Uses of a Blank Memo?
As mentioned earlier, a memo can be used for a variety of reasons and by different individuals. Memo samples in word are available to help you format your memo. These are the uses of a blank memo:
- In business, a memo is used to inform employees and the different departments of a business, especially in important matters.
- A memo can also be used to inform individuals of a certain problem in the company.
- It can also be used to ask for a specific request from individuals.
- Also, memos are useful in providing feedback regarding certain topics.
How to Create a Memo
When creating a memo, it is important to include the essential elements needed to be present in order to have a legal memo format. The steps in creating a memo are as follows:
- Write the word Memorandum in your memo to indicate the type of document you are making.
- Write the heading of your memo. The heading should contain the names of the recipient/s, sender, as well as the date and the subject of your memo.
- Create the body of your memo by writing the introduction, the purpose of writing one, and your conclusion.
Blank Credit Memo
Printable Blank Memorandum
Sample Blank Memo
Types of Memo
People create different types of memos depending on who they are sending them to or for what purpose. Here are the common types of memos used in business.
- Request Memo – a request memo is a type of memorandum used to request something from another party.
- Confirmation Memo – this type of memo is used to confirm a request or as a formal confirmation note to symbolize a previous verbal agreement.
- Periodic Memo – a periodic memo is useful in businesses where quarterly and monthly reports are sent to the different departments in the business.
Tips for Writing Blank Memos
- Since every memo is used differently, it is important that the memo you are creating is appropriate.
- Always keep your memo concise and simple.
- When creating a memo, it is important to have a professional tone especially if you are making professional memos.
- Always remember to keep the design of your memo simple. Our free memo samples may be useful to you
- Remember to proofread your memo before sending them out. Keep the terminology consistent in your memo to ensure that the readers can easily understand it.
31+ Sample Memos
8+ Debit Memo Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
7+ Bid Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
7+ Blank Memo – Examples in Word, PDF
15+ Meeting Memo – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Notice Memo – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Employee Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Budget Memo Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Internal Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Standard Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Board Memo Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Board Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Employee Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Memorandum Samples
10+ Memo Samples in Word