Busy or not, there are things that we tend to unintentionally forget. It might be of little and unimportant things, which is fine as it doesn’t really cause that much damage to what we are doing or are about to do. But what if it’s something of importance and will ruin the whole thing if left undone? Now, that is very problematic. We have a lot of things to do and still a lot of things in mind. It is no wonder that we are faced with problems about remembering even the most important things that we are not allowed to forget and should not forget. Good thing checklists are here to save us.
If you are into checklists or have been using checklists to be able to remember tasks and other important stuff, then this article is good for you. We have here 48 printable checklist templates that you can choose from. These templates come in different varieties to make sure that you can find one that is appropriate for your needs. These templates are available in PDF and Word so that it will be easier and convenient for you to download and edit them based on your liking. Check out this awesome collection of templates below.
Employment Checklist Template
College Event Planning Checklist Template
Size: 184 KB
Packing Checklist Template
Entrepreneurial Characteristics Checklist Template
Audit Checklist Template
The Ultimate Pre-Tour Checklist Template
Campus Event Planning Checklist Template
Encore Entrepreneur Checklist Template
Exiting Employee Checklist Template
Complete Wedding Checklist Template
Simple Travel Checklist Template
Entrepreneurial Habits Checklist Template
Revenue Operations Checklist Template
Business Start-up Checklist Template
Checklist Template to Become an Entrepreneur
Medical Evaluation Checklist Template
What Is a Checklist?
A checklist is a tool used to help us remember stuff, like tasks or schedules, by listing them down, just like a to-do list. It has proven to be an effective way for one to remember important tasks and things, rather than just relying on one’s brain power. Checklists helps us to practice being organized so that we can become organized in the long run. There are no rules as to how checklists are done or written. It all depends on the person using them and for what they want to use it.
There are currently six types of checklists that we are using these days and they are tasks checklists, troubleshooting checklists, coordination list, discipline checklists, and the very popular to-do list.
This type of checklist is commonly used to list down the things that need to be done within a specified period of time. It is used to provide a detailed list of items or a step-by-step list of instructions for the tasks that need to be done. It is suitable for making standard operating procedures. In a task checklist, the order in which the tasks are written should be followed so that the required results are achieved.
This is a step-by-step type of checklist, just like the task checklist. What makes it different from a task checklist is that it is a checklist used in time-sensitive situations where lives are on the line. They are used in aviation and in the hospital setting. A troubleshooting checklist will help in diagnosing the issue or the problem of a certain thing and at the same time find a way to have it resolved. Since they are mostly set of instructions used in emergency situations, a troubleshooting checklist should be written clearly and precisely.
A coordination checklist is the checklist used when a certain project needs to be done or accomplished by one or more parties or groups of people. Unlike troubleshooting checklists, coordination checklists are not time sensitive. They are used to set touch points and serve as a central point where the project needs to be focused.
Making decisions in the heat of the moment or while one is consumed by his or her emotions is something that should be controlled. This is when a discipline checklist is necessary. It is basically used so that you will not make any bad decisions while consumed by your emotions. Through this type of checklist, you will be able to adopt to the process or develop a routine to avoid making bad decisions when you’re mad.
This is the most popular type of checklist as everybody can use this for all types of purposes. In a to-do list, the objectives change rapidly and a lot of personal things can be done with its use. You don’t necessarily have to be a pro to know how to create a checklist to be able to make it.
Aside form the types of checklist being mentioned above, there are also certain modes on how you want your checklist to get completed. The two styles are the do-confirm checklist style and the read-do checklist style.
In this style of checklist, the tasks first are done from memory before the written checklist is consulted or reviewed. This helps in making sure that all the tasks that need to be done are covered and none is overlooked.
In a read-do style of checklist, the list is consulted first before the task is done, just like doing a project or cooking a certain recipe for the very first time. You have to consult or check what’s on the the list before you have it done to ensure that you are doing the right thing.
No matter what type and what style of checklist you want to make, the important thing to keep note is it should be appropriate to what you are doing.
Caribbean Travel Checklist Template
Effective Entrepreneurial Checklist
Hospital Emergency Response Checklist Template
Artist or Exhibition Checklist Template
Sample Quality Assurance Checklist Template
Event Planning Checklist Template
Mind Setting Entrepreneurial Checklist Template
Workplace Inspection Checklist Template
Restaurant Pre-Opening Checklist Template
General Planning Checklist Template
Information Technology Management Checklist Template
General Emergency Readiness Checklist Template
Starting Your Own Small Business Checklist Template
Health Care Event Planning Checklist
Budget Planning Checklist Template
Customer Service Checklist Template
When Are Checklists Used?
One can certainly use a checklist in many different ways. They can be used for the simplest and the most complicated things. The specific uses of checklists are listed below.
- A checklist helps us remember things that our memory has already forgotten, especially tasks and important schedules. It is very useful because it helps you keep track of the things that you need to attend to so that you don’t have to miss out on important things.
- A checklist is used to organize one’s schedules or tasks so that they can be accomplished or done on the scheduled date. Prioritizing tasks ensures that tasks are done in a timely manner and helps one avoid rushing into any tasks that are already due but has not been started.
- In emergency situations, checklists are used to ensure that all of the emergency responders follow the same protocol. This is done to avoid accidents and to keep both emergency responders and other people from getting harmed in any accident.
- The aviation industry also makes use of checklists. Before every flight, all of the flight crews consult their flight checklists and make sure everything has been checked before the plane finally takes off.
- Diving may seem an easy activity, but it is not as easy at it may seem, especially with regard to the diver’s safety. A checklist needs to be reviewed or checked by every diver, whether they are professionals or not, to ensure their safety before, during, and after diving.
- In the hospital setting, surgery checklists are consulted and often posted on emergency room walls or operating room walls. They serve as reminders for all of the medical practitioners about what to do and what not to do for specific types of hospital situations.
- A checklist is used in quality assurance to make sure that all of the processes and work standards are being followed by the employees at all times. Since there are a lot of them to memorize and it takes time to have them written down one at a time, a checklist is a convenient tool to have this job done efficiently and conveniently.
What do you use a checklist for? People have preferences on how they want things done and how they see things. It is just the same with checklists. There are no specific and strict rules to follow, so you can make it the way you want it.
Effective Event Planning Checklist Template
Checklist Template for Starting Your New Business
Safe Surgery Checklist Template
Corporate Event Planning Checklist Template
Survey Checklists Template
Detailed Event Checklist Template
Start-up Basics Checklist Template
Simple Wedding Planning Checklist Template
One-Page Event Planning Checklist Template
Business Travel Checklist Template
Home Business Startup Checklist Template
Church Program Checklist Template
Entrepreneurial Checklist Template
New Business Checklist Template from University
Checklist Template for Event Planning
Emergency Preparedness Checklist Template
Why Are Checklists Beneficial?
A checklist is not only useful, but it is also beneficial at the same time. Being used in a lot of things means that it provides benefits to those who use them. Below are some of the benefits that one can get from using a checklist.
- A checklist keeps you become organized and stay organized. Keeping oneself organized is a must so that we can accomplish things on time and make sure that we commit to any schedule. A checklist will be a useful tool to ensure that nothing is being overlooked.
- A checklist lets you save time. By consulting a checklist and checking what things have been done and still needs to be done, you can save a lot of time. This is contrary to wasting precious time thinking about what you still have left to do or what tasks are waiting to be completed.
- A checklist saves lives. Checklists are used in different kinds of emergencies to ensure that everybody is saved from any harm and trouble. It also helps medical practitioners follow emergency procedures when saving lives, like providing first aid and performing surgery.
- A checklist increases one’s productivity. If you know what needs to be done and what needs to be prioritized, you are sure to accomplish a lot of things. It will keep you productive and allows you to do other non-work-related stuff.
- A checklist can help in the proper delegation of tasks. A coordination checklist is used so that tasks can be properly delegated among groups of people to make sure that they focus on the same goals for a certain project or task.
- A checklist lets you save brain power. Instead of forcing your brain to remember what you have obviously and completely forgotten, why not use a checklist? Your brain needs rest from thinking about important stuff. Making use of a checklist will definitely help you give it a rest so that it can be used for other stuff that needs your focus and strict attention.
Checklist for Harassment Investigations
10+ Project Checklist Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
10 Employee Checklist Samples & Templates
17 Vehicle Checklist Samples & Templates
11 Event Planning Checklist Ideas Samples & Templates
16 Checklist Samples & Templates
A Checklist: When Should You Fire an Employee
55 Free Checklist Samples & Templates
38 Checklist Samples & Templates in PDF
15 Daily Checklist Samples & Templates
18 Contract Checklist Samples & Templates
45 Sample Checklist Samples & Templates
19 Task Checklist Samples & Templates
20 Cleaning Checklist Samples & Templates
20 Student Checklist Samples & Templates