Have you tried using a checklist template before? I have used a checklist a lot of times, but not really on a daily basis. And trust me, they have been very useful and reliable. I make a checklist when I have a lot of things to do. It helps me keep my thoughts organized so that I can focus on my tasks before I run out of time. Writing a checklist is better than troubling your brain with a lot of things that you know you will just forget after mentally sorting it out.
What are checklists? It is basically a list of things or tasks that one needs to do or accomplish. A checklist is not only limited to listing tasks, but it can also be used to make a list of one’s schedules and appointment, grocery list and food list, for homework, for projects, and many more. Some people also even use checklists as a personal hobby by listing down the things that they like and the things that they dislike.
Making use of a checklist can provide one with a lot of benefits and one of it is becoming organized. Who would not want to be organized? Posted in this article are different categories of checklist templates in PDF and you can more examples like checklist template in excel. These templates can be viewed and downloaded online for free. A little information about creating a checklist, some helpful tips, its uses, and advantages are also discussed below.
Business Checklist Template
Business Preparation Checklist
Business Startup Checklist
Business Basics Checklist
Home Business Startup Checklist
Business Owner’s Checklist
Travel Checklist Templates
Ultimate Pre-Tour Checklist
International Travel Checklist
Packing and Travel Checklist
Caribbean Travel Checklist
Business Travel Checklist
Entrepreneurial Checklist Template
Effective Entrepreneurial Checklist
Mind Setting Entrepreneurial Checklist
Entrepreneurial Skills Checklist
Entrepreneurial Characteristics Checklist
Simple Entrepreneurial Checklist
How to Create a Checklist for Your Daily Tasks
There are definitely no rules on how to create a checklist, so there is basically no right and wrong checklist. Of course, there may be complicated checklists, but it doesn’t really mean that it has to be that way all the time. Different types of checklists are created based on how and for what things they will be used for. If it is your first time to create your own checklist, then you might want to try doing a simple one or one that is about what you usually do, just like a to-do list or task list. Follow the steps below to help you create a checklist for your daily tasks.
- Since this is a daily task checklist we will be doing, what you need to do first is make a draft of the list that you do on a daily basis. Making a draft first will make it easier for you to organize the list before you have it written on the final sheet or final checklist.
- Once you’re done with the draft, next is prioritizing which tasks are important, which tasks can be done at a later time of the day, and which tasks can be skipped or are least of your priorities. Mark or label them on your draft.
- Decide on where you want to write your daily checklist. You can have it written in a notebook or have it printed on a clean piece of paper. You can also use a blank checklist template that you can download online for free, or choose from the checklist templates in this article.
- Now if you want to make your own checklist template, you can choose form the different checklists styles below:
- Checkbox – When it comes to checklists, checkboxes are commonly used. Sometimes this becomes an indication that something is a checklist. Checkboxes are usually positioned at the left side of the task or before the task and is marked with a check, an X, or is left blank as an indication that the task has been accomplished, not accomplished, or not yet done.
- Table – A checklist can also be made using the columns and rows of a table. Some of the templates provided in this article include this type of checklist style. Each column of the table is labelled based on what is written on it. The usual labels are the task column, the check or X mark column, and the signature of the person who did the task. Sometimes, a column for the date and time of completion is included. Other column labels can be added depending on where it is going to be used for.
- Questionnaire Style – This style either makes use of a checkbox or circle to be shaded based on the status of the task. The checkbox or circle is positioned at the right side of the question or after every question.
- Blank or Line – A blank, a line, or a space is provided before the task. This blank is where the check mark or the X mark will be written if the task has been done or not. This is also a commonly used style when making checklists.
- Bullets – Not all checklists have to be marked with a check or an X mark. There are checklists that are written with the use of bullets. In this checklist there is no need to indicate if it has been done or not because all the tasks written on it should be followed and none should be skipped. This is common in safety checklists and surgical checklists.
- After making your checklist template, transfer the list in your draft. Transfer it one task at a time making sure that you put all important tasks on top and the least important tasks at the bottom.
- Once everything has been transferred, read your work again. Double-check if there are tasks that you have missed or overlooked.
Now you have created your own daily checklist. You can add a legend, or any design that you want for your checklist. You can use different styles or make your own style.
Audit Checklist Templates
Internal Audit Checklist
Detailed Audit Checklist
Internal Audit Checklist
Self Audit Checklist
Food Safety Audit Checklist
Surgery Checklist Templates
Safe Surgery Checklist
Surgical Safety Checklist
Cancer Surgery Checklist
Theatre Surgery Checklist Template
Teacher Checklist Templates
New Teacher Checklist
Classroom Walkthrough Checklist
Printable Teacher’s Checklist
Peer Teaching Evaluation Checklist
Classroom Observation Checklist
Medical Checklist Templates
Medical History Checklist
Medical Checklist Questionnaire
New Patient Medical Checklist
Medical/Dermatology History Checklist
Emergency Checklist Templates
Household Emergency Checklist
Emergency Checklist for School
Emergency Response Checklist
Emergency Drill Checklist
Emergency Plan Checklist
Tips on Making Effective Checklists
Although there are no rules when creating a checklist, and there are no right and wrong checklist, there are still tips that can help you make them better. Also, what’s the use of a checklist for employer if it’s not effective? That just sounds like a waste of time, a waste of energy, and a waste of brain power. So here we have some simple and useful tips that you can use to make your checklist effective.
Not too Many, but not too Few
When listing down tasks for your checklist, write only enough tasks that you can do for the day, for the week, or for the month. This is so that you can finish all of the task list that you have listed instead of putting them on pending. You will surely never have them worked on. Listing too few tasks is not good as well. You are maximizing your time that is why you are making a checklist. Having too few tasks might not allow you to finish them on time.
If this checklist is intended for use by a group of people then it should be written legibly so that whoever checks it will know and understand what the tasks are.
Provide Enough Space
When creating your checklist examples, you should provide enough space to write each task. The tasks should not crowd the template as this will make it look messy and hard to read. You should also provide additional space for tasks that needs to be added at a later time or for additional tasks.
Add a Margin
Margins work wonders. They will make your checklist look neat and professional. Come to think of it, you wouldn’t want to look at something that is so topsy-turvy. It makes you think if such a thing is really reliable.
Make a Draft
Making a draft will make things easier and convenient for you in making your checklist. It is not only good with checklists to boost and reduce mistakes but is also good when writing letters, contracts, and reports. It will lessen the chances of you making errors and it makes the work get done faster.
Find other Checklist Ideas Online
If you want a different kind of checklist, you can check other checklist styles online. You can incorporate all of the ideas that you have gathered and apply it to your checklist.
Use Checklist Templates
There are a lot of available printable checklist templates online that can be downloaded for free. These templates will make it easier and convenient for you to have your checklist done. This is especially true for busy individuals who don’t have much time to spend on creating their own templates and designs.
Work on What is Listed
The most important thing about creating and using a entrepreneurial checklist for success is completing or finishing every task that is listed in it. Make sure that at the end of the day, all of the tasks for that day are finished. If this is what you have been practicing then your checklist is no doubt effective.
No Abbreviations and No Jargon
A sample checklist should be easy to read and understand, that is why a legible handwriting is necessary. On top of that, abbreviations should not be used, especially those abbreviations that you just created yourself, because not everybody knows them. It might cause unwanted miscommunication and this might be the reason why a certain task is not done on time. Jargon should also not be used. When writing a checklist that is to be shared by a group of people, simple words and terminologies should be used.
25+ Cleaning Checklist Samples & Templates
9+ Audit Checklist Samples & Templates
5+ Strategic Planning Checklist Samples & Templates
10+ Control Checklist Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
18+ Delivery Checklist Samples & Templates
13+ Event Planning Checklist Ideas Samples & Templates
Checklist for Harassment Investigations
5+ Wedding Checklist Samples & Templates
9+ Printable Wedding Checklist Samples
10+ Printable Wedding Checklist Samples
11+ Project Checklist Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
7+ Packing Checklist Samples & Templates
10+ Employee Checklist Samples & Templates
11+ Construction Checklist Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Printable Moving Checklist Samples