Excel charts are an effective alternative to displaying information about your project. It can highlight factors like the cost, profit, material requirements, popularity, or basically, for any reason, a chart can be used for any number of reasons, even just to display a point. Charts are more commonly used for business and corporate meetings to determine the company’s efficiency over its loss.
When speaking about charts being used in business or corporate meetings, the most common charts being used would be the bar graph, pie chart, and even the Pareto chart. What’s a Pareto chart? A Pareto chart is a type of chart that implicates both a bar graph and a line graph into its chart. It is commonly used as a means of identifying the frequency of problems happening within a company.
Gantt Chart Excel
Construction Gantt Chart
Production Gantt Chart
Dynamic Pareto Chart
Pareto Run Chart
Basic Pareto Chart
What Are the Types of Charts?
The different types of charts available is a very long list. There are several available on this site alone. Examples of charts are the following:
- Pareto Chart
Pareto charts are used as a means of identifying problems or complications within a company or an organization, and determine its frequency and eventually suggest ways on how to improve the current situation of the company. It typically contains a bar graph and a line graph within the chart.
- Gantt Chart
Is a specialized bar chart that is used as a means of indicating the level of progress a group has on the completion of their project.
- Flow Chart
Is a type of chart that uses diagrams as a means of displaying the information needed to be displayed. They are typically arranged in a certain order, depending on the overall information they wish to share.
- Control Chart
A control chart is a type of line chart that is involved with being set as a standard, in which the purpose of the chart is to be compared to more updated charts.
- Organization Chart
This type of chart also uses diagrams as a means of conveying information. The purpose of the organization chart is to list down, by rank, the members of the organization.
- Cleaning Chart
This chart is also called a chore chart. It is used as a means of listing down individuals who are involved in chores and the time they have to work.
- Blood Pressure Chart
A blood pressure chart is a chart that is used as a means of monitoring the patient’s BP or blood pressure during their stay in a hospital, or even for personal use.
Flow Chart Excel
Process Flow Chart
Work Flow Chart
Loan Amortization Chart
Loan Amortization Schedule Charts
Home Loan Amortization Charts
Loan Calculator Amortization Chart
Tips on How to Create a Chart Using Excel
Creating a chart can be quite confusing if not done right, but there are charts that are quite simple such as organizational charts, so it is important to follow a set of rules and guidelines. When writing, these charts require you to do the following:
- Input data into an Excel. It may seem simple but do keep in mind which variable is supposed to go where when typing them in. Avoid typing fast or making it fast. Odds are if even a single variable is out of place it will result in a large error.
- Select the table of data you wish to form into a chart. Like how you would plan a seating arrangement, you should select the exact area and the exact space for the task. Over-selecting or under-selecting the information will lead to certain missing data in the chart.
- Select the type of chart you wish to create.
- Allow the program to finish the conversion.
How to Create a Seating Chart
When making a chart that doesn’t require you to use an Excel program or any applications at all, like, say, a seating chart, it may seem simpler. However, you must be able to at least write the plan down accordingly:
- Identify the number of guests that will arrive for the event.
- Select a location for the venue
- Select a method of setting up table that will optimize the amount of space the venue has.
- Estimate how many tables can fit in the venue without sacrificing maneuverability.
- Plan how many seats can fit into one table.
- Arrange guests according to their preferences.
Control Chart Excel
Individual Control Chart
Project Organization Chart
Company Organization Chart
Business Organization Chart
Auditorium Seating Chart
Tips to Create an Impressive Chart
Creating acceptable charts are quite simple once you get used to them, but you can make them better, by improving its designs, so as to have a more lasting effect on the viewers of the chart.
- Select the proper graph for the conference or meeting. Select graphs that you can use to show all of your information into one graph instead of several. However, you can choose to leave it split apart, just be ready to deal with a lot of charts changing.
- Avoid Using 3-D effects for charts. 3-D effects tend to only make charts look more cartoonish, which make it less likely that professionals will pay attention to your discussion.
- Remove unneeded details. Details like the legend or any other unnecessary parts should be removed so as to prevent confusions of the chart.
- Use as many colors. When using bar graphs, use several different colors for different bars or graphs.
- Background. Include a background for your chart so as to make it look more attractive.
No, there are charts that don’t require fancy designs, such as the Gantt chart where the design of the chart has no effect whatsoever to the overall understandings the readers will have on the chart. A Gantt chart is a specialized bar graph used for the means of keeping track of the progress of a certain project.
Cleaning Chart Excel
Cleaning Kids Chore Chart
Cleaning Schedule Chart
Kids Chore Chart
Daily Chore Chart
Blood Pressure Chart
Record Blood Pressure Chart
Blood Pressure Chart for Adults
Final Tips for Writing a Chart
For preparing any charts, namely a behavior charts, loan amortization charts, and any other charts, it is required to follow the steps in making a chart. However, the designing of the chart itself is another story. The design of the chart can be up to the maker’s preferences. Designs of the charts are usually just for cosmetic purposes so as to make the chart look more attractive when the readers will be viewing it. A good or well-made chart can make the difference in the company’s method of earning information during conference meetings.
What Is a Flowchart?
What Does a Gantt Chart Show?
8+ Behavior Chart – Examples in Word, PDF
11+ Seating Chart Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Measurement Chart – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10+ Size Chart – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Organizational Chart Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Compatibility Chart – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Chord Charts – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Wedding Chart – Examples in PowerPoint, PDF
9+ Size Charts – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Growth Chart Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Diet Chart – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10+ Measurement Chart – Examples in PDF
7+ Rate Chart – Examples in Word, PDF