Our planet is abundant with different kinds of precious stones and metals. For example, metals are not only used to decorate but strong metals like iron and metal alloys such as stainless steel are used to build structures, ships, and vehicles including cars, trains, and trucks. Or this can transport electricity in the electrical grid, and provide many services. Precious stones or gemstones on the other hand are used for decorations such as jewelry. Depending on how rare the stone is, some would fetch millions of dollars. Aside from jewelry gemstones are associated with various beliefs across different cultures around the world. As some would believe that these are worn to ward off evil or they have healing and medicinal powers, which protect us against the bad effect of planets. And boost the spiritual power of our bodies, keeping us happy and healthy. But these stones can also be associated with one’s date of birth called the birthstones.
10+ Birthstone Chart Samples
Birthstones originated in ancient civilizations where 12 gemstones adorned a religious garment called a breastplate of Aaron. Although birthstones have religious origins, modern-day tradition dictates that the stones are assigned according to birth month and are understood better by using a birthstone chart. To learn more about this, let us discuss this further below. And if you need any references, we’ve got a list of birthstone chart samples that you could download for free on this page.
1. Birthstone Chart
2. Sample Birthstone Chart
3. Simple Birthstone Chart
4. Official Birthstone Chart
5. Basic Birthstone Chart
6. Traditional Birthstone Chart
7. Birthstone Color Comparison Chart
8. Formal Birthstone Chart
9. Monthly Birthstone Chart
10. Professional Birthstone Chart
11. Printable Birthstone Chart
What Is a Birthstone Chart?
It is a popular belief that there are certain precious stones that are associated with our date of birth which are called birthstones. There are 12 gemstones that represent each month of the year which are as follows:
- January – Garnet (dark reddish in color)
- February – Amethyst (spectacular purple color)
- March – Aquamarine (reminiscent of the color of the sea)
- April – Diamond (one of the most popular gemstones)
- May – Emerald (green colored stone)
- June – Pearl or Alexandrite (a pearl is found in the water while alexandrite is a stone well-known for displaying one of the most remarkable color changes in the gem world)
- July – Ruby (bright red color)
- August – Peridot (lime green color)
- September – Sapphire (dark blue)
- October – Opal or Tourmaline (opal is an individual gem is adorned with a one-of-a-kind color combination, while a tourmaline is a mixed stone with a rainbow of colors.)
- November – Citrine or Topaz (citrine is said to be yellow to red-orange in color while a topaz has a variety of rich colors like blue, pink, and yellow)
- December – Zircon, Tanzanite, or Turquoise (all these stones are said to have a wintery color of blue)
All these gemstones are not only associated with your birth month but also have their own meaning which is said to give spiritual power or healing to those who wear these. To understand such a thing a birthstone chart is an excellent tool that would help you determine what your birthstone is and the meaning behind it.
How To Understand a Birthstone Chart
Now we’ve listed down the different months and their corresponding birthstone, we need to know what they symbolize and how this may affect your personality.
- Garnet – this is believed to keep the wearer safe from harm and is also connected to vitality, love, and light.
- Amythest – a gem that was once exclusive to the royals is said to strengthen relationships and is associated with healing and spirituality.
- Aquamarine – this gem is thought to protect seafarers and is also said to increase marital happiness.
- Diamond – is a symbol of everlasting love and commitment
- Emerald – this symbolizes fertility, rebirth, and love
- Pearl – because of its color, it is often associated with purity and wisdom.
- Ruby – was believed to protect its wearer from evil, nowadays this may symbolize love and strength.
- Peridot – this is associated with protecting their wearer during the night, especially from nightmares.
- Sapphire – this would protect the wearer from harm, and envy.
- Opal – faithfulness and good luck
- Citrine – this gem is thought to bring relief to stomach aches, insomnia or stress
- Topaz – wealth, love, and affection
What Is the Most Precious Stone in the World?
It is said that the blue diamond, worth $3.93 million per carat is the most precious and prized stone in the world.
What Is a Zodiac Birthstone?
The zodiac also has its own associated birthstone, whereas your astrological sign has its equivalent gemstone which can be pretty different from monthly birthstones.
Do Birthstone bring Luck?
It is said that wearing birthstones can bring good luck, good health, and protection. Astrologers long ago attributed supernatural powers to certain gemstones.
A birthstone chart is an ideal way for you to determine what your birthstone is and what it symbolizes. To make it easier for you to understand, don’t forget to download our templates!
FREE 11+ Sample Teeth Chart Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample CDC Growth Chart Templates in PDF
FREE 7+ IQ Chart Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Star Chart Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 5+ Sample Boys Growth Chart Templates in PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Blood Type Diet Chart Templates in PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Square Root Chart Templates in PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Puppy Growth Chart Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Hospital Organizational Chart Templates in PDF ...
FREE 6+ Stool Color Chart Templates in Samples in PDF
FREE 9+ Zodiac Calendar Templates in PSD EPS
FREE 6+ Sample RACI Chart Templates in PDF MS Word | Excel
FREE 7+ Sample Blood Glucose Chart Templates in PDF
FREE 14+ Birthday Calendar Templates in Google Docs MS Word ...
FREE 6+ Sample Conversion Table Chart Templates in PDF