Assessments are essential processes that assist in the learning and teaching of individuals. The main purpose of an assessment is to evaluate or assess the nature, quality, importance, value, etc., of something or someone. A formative assessment is used to adjust teaching methods in order to improve a student’s learning.
There are many assessment types such as a summative assessment, diagnostic assessment, etc., that can be used depending on its purpose. To help you create your assessment form, download from the assessment samples and templates available on this page to help you create one ensuring that you have an effective document.
What Formative Strategies Are Effective During Instruction?
When conducting a formative assessment, there are a number of strategies that can be done to effectively perform tasks and enhance both the teacher and the student’s performance. The formative strategies that are effective during instruction are as follows:
- Analyzing student work – teachers can greatly use information and data gathered from students’ homework, quizzes, examinations, and tests when doing a formative assessment. These help teachers determine the strengths and weaknesses, skills, and the knowledge of students.
- Strategic questioning – asking questions is also an effective strategy for teachers to be able to determine students’ scope of understanding.
How Can Formative Assessments Be Used as a Teaching Strategy?
Formative assessments are important, especially for both teachers and students. Teachers can benefit from a formative assessment through developing several teaching strategies. Assessment examples in PDF are also available for download to help you create your document.
- Since it helps determine which areas particularly need improvement, teachers will be able to create a teaching strategy to focus on these areas.
- Formative assessments help teachers adjust his/her style of teaching and develop a strategy in order to adapt to the student’s style of learning.
- Teachers will also be able to create strategies through a formative assessment to increase a student’s performance.
12 Easy No-Prep Formative Assessment Strategies
Developing formative assessment strategies is necessary in order to improve teaching or instruction and the goals and achievements of their students. Formative assessments also provide accurate information that will help teachers to effectively educate their students. These no-prep formative assessment strategies can be useful.
- Students can be grouped based on his/ her level of expertise wherein they will be able to discuss with other members of the group regarding a given subject.
- Provide open-ended questions that enable students and learners to grasp the ideas being talked about during the discussion.
- Allow students to reflect on the lessons that have been discussed and ask them to write about what they have learned.
- Provide a quiz to your students to determine whether they clearly understand the topics.
- Let students create a summary of the important lessons that have been discussed, whether it is on paper or verbally.
- Sketching is also a useful strategy in representing an individual’s understanding of the lessons.
- Create response cards and other visual materials when discussing a lesson or concept.
FREE 10+ Teleworker Self-Assessment Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Market Assessment Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Quality Risk Assessment Samples [ Control, Assurance, Management ]
FREE 6+ Immediate Termination of Lease Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Qualitative Risk Assessment Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Comprehensive Needs Assessment Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Evaluation Quality Assessment Samples [ Self, Loss, Data ]
FREE 10+ Promotion Assessment Samples [ Health, Self, Employee ]
FREE 10+ Environmental Impact Assessment Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Employee Competency Assessment Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Safety Assessment Samples [ Home, Health, Risk ]
FREE 10+ Change Impact Assessment Samples [ Management, Control, Request ]
FREE 10+ Qualitative Assessment Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Staff Assessment Samples [ Workplace, Health, Risk ]
FREE 10+ Vulnerability Assessment Samples [ Security, Network, Risk ]