Service contracts serve as a guidelines intended for large organizations. They are often too detailed and formal especially for those who are self-employed, small businesses, and even for freelance suppliers. In this case, you should be able to adapt to the level of detail and its formality based on your situation. Such contracts and service agreements are considered as an essential tool in terms of professional trading and business relationships. Without having a clear and agreed contract, misunderstandings will arise, the provider will fail to meet the expectation of its clients, and other related problems. When there are two parties agreed to have a good trading relationship, it would be sensible for significant supply arrangements to be documented and agreed through affixing their signatures or other methods that signifies the agreement.
What is a Service Supplier Agreement? It is a type of contract or a legal document made between the customer and the supplier that defines obligations and rights of both the supplier and customer to provide the service to the customer. It addresses key details which includes the services that will be provided, agreement period, payment terms and its conditions, purchase price, and the party that owns an intellectual property rights. Also, it sets out the necessary provisions stated in the agreement which would include the responsibilities, pricing, and the law that will be applied if there would be further disputes that will occur.
10+ Service Supplier Agreement Samples
1. Service Supplier Agreement Template
2. Supplier Service Agreement Template
3. Goods and Services Supplier Agreement
4. Master Supplier Services Agreement
5. Supplier Food Services Agreement
6. Electric Supplier Service Agreement
7. Supplier Customer Master Service Agreement
8. Competitive Electric Supplier Service Agreement
9. Independent Contractor Supplier Service Agreement
10. Energy Supplier Service Agreement
11. Gas Supplier Service Agreement
Things to Include in the Agreement
- Information about the parties – this is the type of agreement that is considered as an exclusive one since it will only happen between the supplier and the client. Both parties are expected to provide their details such as the full name, complete address, their identification if they are the supplier or the customer. This pieces of information will be used all throughout the agreement.
- Pricing and Payment Information – this section explains about the methods when it comes to pricing and payment information. This includes the invoicing, charging, and its mechanism or the process. These should also include the VAT, rate of interest, taxes, and additional expenses that needs to be paid. If in case that there would be pricing adjustments in the future, it should also be stated in this section.
- Duration of the agreement – this pertains to the dates of supplying the services and the duration through which the supplier supplied the requested services.
- Details of services provided – this section is where you can find the services that are provided by the supplier. This can be written as a project plan or just a provision that will indicate the type of services agreed upon by the supplier and the client. This usually includes a detailed description of the service and the purpose of supplying.
- Service provider responsibilities – this explains the responsibilities of the supplier in relevance to the performance or the supply of the services. This includes the obligations which is in compliance to the applicable laws.
- Confidentiality – the agreement should contain confidentiality provision in order to make sure that all the sensitive information will not be disclosed to anyone else aside from the two parties involved.
- Termination or discontinuation of services – this includes all the rights for agreement termination. This can only be done through various methods like committing a material breach of the agreement, repeatedly breaches the agreement, or being subjected to financial instability.
Who are the professionals that mostly rely on service agreements?
It includes management consultants, graphic designers and illustrators, real estate brokers, website developers, general contractors, photographers and videographers, accountants, lawyers, marketing professionals, advertising professionals, IT service providers, etc.
What must a service agreement include in the topics?
A description of the parties involved, description of the services to be performed, description of the fees and payment schedules, effective date of the contract or agreement, and signatures.
What are other provisions that your contract might need?
Some of the clauses includes a hold harmless clause, indemnification clause, warranty clause, confidentiality clause, provisions for intellectual property, provisions that require client cooperation, and boilerplate provisions.
The only main purpose for having this kind of agreement is to have a better understanding with regards to the legal rights, responsibilities, and obligations of both parties in order to make sure that the services will be delivered to the client accordingly.
FREE 10+ Retail Agreement Samples
FREE 10+ Sample Master Agreement
FREE 10+ Exclusive Distribution Agreement Samples
FREE 10+ Vendor Purchasing Agreement Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Blanket Purchase Agreement
FREE 9+ Vendor Partnership Agreement Samples
FREE 8+ Vendor Contract Templates
FREE 8+ Proposal Contract Templates
FREE 7+ Vendor Management Agreement Samples
FREE 6+ Sample Agreements for Labour Contract
FREE 70+ Basic Agreement Templates
FREE 18+ Service Agreement Templates
FREE 15+ Sample Service Termination Letter
FREE 11+ Termination of Services Letter Templates
FREE 11+ Sample Event Contract Agreement