Tenancy is the act of renting a place for a specific period of time mostly for the purpose of residing in the space to be rented. Proper documentation of tenancy gives the tenant the right to use the space being offered by a person or any other entity bound with the rules and regulations agreed upon by both parties concerned in the transaction.
To assure that both parties are aware of the transaction and processes of tenancy, it is essential to have a tenancy agreement to document all the items that are agreed upon by both the tenant and the landlord who is taking care of the property to be rented. You may use our Sample Agreements as a guide in creating a tenancy agreement and any other agreements that you need to create for specific purposes.
Tenancy Agreement Template
Short Assured Tenancy Agreement
Residential Tenancy Agreement
Assured Tenancy Agreement in PDF
Tenancy Agreement For a Unfurnished Room
Tenancy Guarantor Agreement
Information Included in the Tenancy Agreement
To assure that the documentation of the agreement is properly written, a tenancy agreement must have the following information:
- the name of the landlord or the person taking care of the property to be rented,
- the address of the space to be rented,
- the contact information of the landlord or any agent that is responsible for the transaction,
- the name of the tenant,
- the contact information of the tenant,
- other basic information about the tenant that is needed to be supplied for security purposes,
- the guidelines and rules in using the property to be rented,
- the amount that is needed to be paid as a down payment and the amount that should be given by the tenant as a pay on specific periods of time as long as he or she is still renting the space,
- the initial duration of the tenancy, and
- other terms that are important for the agreement.
Guarantee Agreement for Residential Tenancies
Boarding House Tenancy Agreement
Fixed Term Tenancy Agreement Example
Importance of Having a Tenancy Agreement
- It allows the tenant to know the payment methods and processes that are needed to be followed, which includes the amount of the down payment and the payments per period that he or she is subjected to provide.
- It can help the tenant to be guided by the rules that are needed to be followed within the duration of his or her stay in a specific space.
- It allows the tenant to be aware of the condition of the place where he or she is to stay.
- It assures that tenant that the space to be rented is legally subjected for tenancy and the owner is aware that he or she is to rent the place.
- It helps the landlord to provide the information needed to be known by the tenants.
- It makes it easier for the landlord to tell all the details of the tenancy to possible tenants.
- It allows the landlord to have a document that will testify that the tenant has subjected him or herself in following the rules and regulation stated in the agreement.
As it is truly advisable to have a tenancy agreement, make sure that you have this document present on your next tenancy transactions. If you want to create a lease agreement but do not know how to start in creating the said document, you may use our Blank Lease Agreements as your reference.
16+ Sample Employment Agreements
23+ Employment Agreement Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
45+ Employment Agreement Samples
12+ Employment Agreement Samples
21+ General Employment Agreement Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
13+ Contract Agreement Samples, Examples, Templates
34+ Sample Contract Agreements
12+ Contract Agreement Format Samples
48+ Contract Agreement Formats
13+ Simple Contract Agreements
7+ Business Associate Agreement Templates
8+ Sample Executive Employment Agreements
10+ Business Associate Agreements
7+ Business Development Agreement Templates
8+ Sample Commercial Office Lease Agreements