A tenancy agreement is basically a contract that documents the terms and conditions of a landlord for his/her tenant(s). It states that a tenant is going to live in the landlord’s property given that rent will be paid according to the payment schedule. Both the landlord and the tenant should have a signed copy before the tenant starts moving in.
If you are planning to rent out your property in order to earn extra income,we have Sample Agreements you can use for convenience. You can check out the samples and see which one you think would work for you. They are available in both PDF and Word Document format, which are highly printable and downloadable at no cost.
Tenancy Agreement Sample
Simple Month to Month Lease Agreement
Commercial Lease Agreement Template in Google Docs
Simple Rental Agreement Word Template
Editable Rental Agreement Format
Printable Sublease Agreement Template
Simple Apartment Rental Agreement Word Template
Land Lease Agreement Template in iPages
Office Lease Agreement Template in Docs
Residential Tenancy Agreement Sample
Standard Residential Tenancy Agreement Example
Short Term Tenancy Agreement Sample
Residential Tenancy Agreement Example
Tenancy Fixed Term Agreement
Duration of Tenancy
A tenancy agreement may be based on how long the tenant will be staying in the property or based on your own duration conditions. It can either be:
- Fixed-term or a tenancy that is specified by a certain period of time. It could either be a year, a month, or a week). This also means that the tenancy cannot be terminated earlier than the date agreed. The tenant has the option to renew a tenancy agreement and continue with his/her stay in the property.
- Periodic or a tenancy with no specific end date. It can be a monthly or weekly basis. The tenant can end his/her tenancy whenever he/she chooses to.
What Should Be Included in a Tenancy Agreement?
Tenancy agreements should contain the following information:
- The complete name and contact information of both the landlord and the tenant.
- The complete address of the property to be rented.
- The date the agreement was signed.
- The date when tenancy will commence.
- The amount and payment schedule for rent. The agreement should also state what is covered by the rent (for example, utilities such as gas and electricity).
- The mode of payment.
- The validity period of the agreement.
- Any special or additional terms that might be agreed upon by the landlord and the tenant.
You may also be interested in checking out Free Printable Rental Agreements for more samples.
Landlord Tenancy Agreement Form
Tenancy Agreement Sample
Blank Residential Tenancy Agreement Sample
Why Issue a Tenancy Agreement to Your Tenants?
- As a landlord, providing a written agreement about what your tenant can and can do on your property helps to organize the tenancy to become a successful and peaceful one.
- You show professionalism and that you care about the overall welfare of the tenant and your property.
- Written tenancy agreements can help tenants understand what you expect from them.
- If the agreement is signed and states all the necessary details, chances of having disputes or misunderstandings may be lessened.
Changes in Tenancy Agreements
A change or changes in a tenancy agreement may only be carried out if both you and your landlord agree. Common situations where changes might be needed are
- an increase in rent is needed,
- a tenant wants to transfer his/her tenancy to someone else,
- specific terms and conditions need updating, and
- if tenant or landlord has made changes with his/her contact information.
After changes have been made to a tenancy agreement, you need to give your tenant a copy. Affixing your signature and your tenant’s signature is still a must.
Using the tenancy agreement templates in this article can guide you in writing an agreement that collects all the necessary needed from your tenant. You can directly download each of these documents from this page. By using these templates, you are sure to draft an agreement that will put you and your tenant at ease.
You may also see Lease Agreement Forms.
FREE 10+ Horse Agreement Samples In MS Word | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Option Agreement Samples In MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Project Management Agreement Samples in DOC | PDF
FREE 20+ Distributor Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Teacher Student Agreement Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 17+ Deed of Assignment Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Land Purchase Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
10+ Hotel Management Agreement Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 18+ Car Rental Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 23+ Dealership Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 11+ Vehicle Sales Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 11+ Supply Agreement Contract Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Agreement Between Two Parties For Money Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Participant Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Study Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word