What is a reseller agreement? There will always be two parties involved in an agreement, and in the case of a reseller agreement, they are the reseller and the wholesaler. The wholesaler is the one who supplies the reseller with the products and goods to sell and are considered as the party offering to have an agreement. The reseller, on the other hand, is the one who sells the products or goods to interested consumers or to the general public. A reseller is the party that accepted the offer made, and thus the creation of a reseller agreement.
A lot can be learned about reseller agreements and it has also become an interesting topic to some, especially those who wish to start a small business or an online business. Reseller agreement samples and templates will serve as really useful guides for anyone who wishes to venture in this type business. Check out a variety of samples and some basic information about reseller agreements below.
Reseller Agreement Template
Sample Restaurant Reseller Agreement Template
Printable Reseller Agreement
Product Reseller Agreement Template
Reseller Contract Agreement Sample
Software Reseller Agreement Template
Good Reseller Agreement Template
Advertising Reseller Agreement
Reseller Agreement for Web-Based Documents
Company Reseller Agreement
Independent Reseller Agreement
Equipment Reseller Agreement
Certificate Reseller Agreement
Uses of Reseller Agreement Samples and Templates
Is there really a use for reseller samples and templates? The answer is a big yes. Reseller agreement samples and templates offer a number of uses to anyone who needs them. The following is a list of some of its important uses.
1. Reseller agreements are used to provide an outline of the terms and conditions that are covered in the said agreement and that were agreed upon by both the reseller and the wholesaler. You may also see sample payment agreements.
2. Reseller agreement templates are used so that a comprehensive and detailed reseller agreement is created whenever it is needed.
3. Reseller agreement samples serve as guide for anyone who wishes to make a customized reseller agreement of their own. You may also like sample business investment agreements.
4. Reseller agreements help in further explaining the nature or the type of agreement that both parties are getting into.
5. It is used to state the share of responsibilities expected from both parties, as well as the rights that they are entitled to.
6. It serves as a document or proof that the transaction has taken place and that consent was given by both parties in the agreement by writing their names and affixing their signatures.
What Are the Components of a Reseller Agreement?
Do you know what important set of information a reseller agreement includes? If not, then check out the list below.
- The title or heading
- The names if the two parties involved in the agreement
- The contact details of both reseller and wholesaler
- The terms and conditions in the agreement
- The obligations and rights of both party
- The list and details of products involved
- Mode of delivery of the products or goods
- The mailing address of the reseller
- Frequency of delivery
- The date of delivery of the products involved
- Product pricing
- Total amount to be paid
- Mode of payment
- Frequency of payment
- Credit terms and conditions
- Other applicable taxes, fees, and charges
- Any applicable interest
- Remedies for any breach or violation
- The termination clause
- Renewal clause
- Other important clauses
- The date when the agreement was signed
- The signatures of both parties involved
Some of the components here may be the same with the other agreement samples or templates that you have seen before. This is because there will always be differences with agreements that are used for different purposes. Find out more about agreements by checking the samples and templates available on our website. We have there business sale agreement samples and templates, sponsorship agreement samples and templates, and settlement agreement samples and templates.
Is It Legal to Buy and Resell Items?
The answer to this question is both a yes and a no. Yes in the sense that when you buying something, it legitimately gives you full rights over what you can do to the product that you have purchased. The manufacturer of such product has no control over the product once it is sold to its first customer. However, the problem arises when you intend to buy these products and do business with them. Without following the required process and legalities, you may encounter some legal problems. You may also see sample commission agreements.
As mentioned above, buying and selling items is considered illegal when you intend to do business with it. In order to make your reselling legitimate, you will need to have it registered just like how it is done with starting businesses. Then you will need to provide the needed documents and other requirements for your business. You can use a business start-up checklist to help you with the entire list of requirements that you need. You will also need to purchase products from authorized distributors or from the manufacturers themselves. Doing so will prevent you from having to face legal issues, such as warranty issues, trademark or brand issues, and lastly, sales tax issues. If you come to think about it, all of them are serious matters that you don’t want to get involved in.
Mutual Reseller Agreement Template
Authorized Reseller Agreement Final Draft
Value Added Reseller Agreement Template
How to Make a Reseller Agreement
So that you will be able to make a reseller agreement of your own, you can simply follow the steps provided below to guide you through the whole process.
1. Decide what your reseller agreement is about, what products are involved, and what you want to happen with it.
2. List down the products or goods that should be mentioned in your agreement. Include their specific details and pricing. You may also see home purchase agreement samples.
3. Make notes about the terms and conditions that you specifically want to be part of your reseller agreement.
4. Gather other important details that will make up your agreement.
5. Look for the reseller agreement template of your choice online and have it downloaded. Make sure that the template you have selected is relevant to the agreement you are making, otherwise you might risk providing false information and create a misunderstanding.
6. Fill in the blanks or spaces provided for. Add in all the details that are important for your agreement including the list of products, pricing, payment details, and many more.
7. Read all the terms and conditions to make sure that they are what you want and add the terms and conditions that are not here. Take extra care when doing so as you may unknowingly change the meaning of certain parts of the agreement. You may also like sample project development agreements.
8. After making some revisions or changes, review your agreement once again.
9. Do a spelling check and grammar check. If you must, have somebody else do the checking for you. They might find errors that you have overlooked. You may also check out sample employment separation agreements.
10. When you are satisfied, save your work and proceed with printing two sets of copies of the agreement, one for you and one for the other party. Sign the agreement together in the sample place, date, and time. Only have the general agreement signed if the other parties do not object to anything about the agreement. If he does, then have it revised based on what you have both agreed on.
If you need more samples or templates for this task, you can check out our website and choose from various selection of agreement samples and templates. To name a few are nondisclosure agreement samples and templates, investment agreement samples and templates, and non-complete agreements.
Advantages of Reseller Agreement Templates
What can you get by using reseller agreement templates? If you seriously do not have an idea what they are, then you are in for a treat. The following are the advantages of reseller agreement templates.
1. It is easy and convenient to use. You will just need to fill in the needed information to complete the agreement.
2. They can be easily accessed and are mostly free. A lot of reseller agreement templates are offered online for free so you won’t have any difficulties finding the template that you truly need. You may also see sample business management agreements.
3. It is complete and detailed. These templates are made by professionals so you are sure to have one that contains all the necessary details, clauses, and terms and conditions in a reseller agreement.
4. Reseller agreement templates makes it possible for anyone to quickly whip up or produce a reliable reseller agreement that can be used in business. You may also like sample land contract agreements.
5. Once signed by both parties, agreement templates can be considered as legal and important documents, which is enforceable in the court of law.
Reseller Agreement for Software Products
Standard Reseller Agreement
Reseller Partner Agreement
Reseller Agreement for Domain Name Services
Reseller Agreement for Software Services
Non-Exclusive Direct Value-Added Reseller Agreement
New Reseller Agreement Template
What Are the Things That You Can’t Resell?
There are so many things that you can go ahead and resell, including really interesting and trendy things. When your business officially becomes an authorized reseller, more opportunities open for you. But since your business is operating legally, you may still be prone to some problems like reselling something you shouldn’t. The best way to avoid that is to know the things that you can’t and should never resell. You may also see sponsorship agreement samples.
Although there are pet shops who sell animals, it is till a big no-no to resell pets or animals. Animals may be up for adoption, but reselling them is always illegal.
2. Event Tickets
There are certain state laws that prohibit reselling of any event tickets for more than its original value, especially when it is sold in the venue during the actual event. Reselling event tickets online is okay, as long as it is approved by the event organizer. So if you are planning to resell any event tickets, take note of the specific laws that govern these things in your state. You may also like professional services agreement templates.
3. Recalled Product
Recalled products are those products that were ordered to be returned because they did not meet the quality and safety standards set by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. This could be products recalled by the commission itself or the products recalled by the manufacturer. If you resell such products in garage sales or in your business, then you are putting yourself into some big trouble. You may also check out sample marketing agreements.
4. Prescription Medication
There are medications that can be bought in pharmacies without a prescription and they are called over-the-counter medications, or OTC. There seems to be no problem with selling over-the-counter medications, but there is a problem if you resell prescription medications. These medications require a prescription from one’s doctor before it can be bought. This is because these medications may be harmful if used recklessly or may be used to harm others. So never think of reselling them. You might be interested in stock purchase agreement templates to download.
Learning about reseller agreements is something that you would want to do before you get yourself into such agreement. What we have discussed so far are the uses of reseller agreement samples and templates as well as its components.
We have also discussed when it is illegal to resell purchased items, how to make an agreement, advantages of a reseller template, and the things that you can’t resell. We hope this article is able to help you learn about reseller agreements. If you are interested about other agreement types, you may want to check out our website. We have there supply agreement contracts, payment agreement contracts, and legal agreement contracts, to name a few.
11+ Sample Professional Services Agreement
11+ Sample License Agreement Template
8+ Settlement Agreement Sample Examples in Word
8+ Sample Short Term Rental Agreement
7+ Sample Employment Separation Agreement
7+ Sample Commercial Rental Agreement
6+ Sample Cohabitation Agreement
14+ Sample Roommate Rental Agreement
13+ Sample Marketing Consulting Agreement
10+ Business Partnership Agreement
10+ Sample Master Settlement Agreement
8+ LLC Operating Agreement
7+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter
7+ Memorandum Of Lease Agreement Samples
6+ Pasture Lease Agreement Template