A lot of inventions are created every day. Inventions make every person’s life better, from washing clothes to being able to communicate with people from other parts of the world. The technological advancement that we are enjoying today is all thanks to the evolving inventions of great inventors who lived a long time ago. But these inventions wouldn’t be introduced to the public if it didn’t have a patent. You may also see end user license agreements.
Patent License Agreement Template
Standard Patent Licence Agreement
Exclusive Patent License Agreement
Patent License Agreement Sample
What Is a Patent?
A patent is an authority or license that is provided by the government to an invention so that it will not be copied. The inventor or the owner of the invention is given the sole right to the inventions. A patent excludes other people from making copies of the invention, from using the invention, or from selling it without permission from the inventor. Patent license agreements, just like other agreements, may not be all the time considered as simple agreements because it covers everything about an invention.
Difference between a Trademark License and a Patent License
We think we know these words if they are used alone, but confusion arises when they are used side by side. We often think that a trademark license is the same as a patent license and vice versa. They may have similarities with regard to the protection they provide, but they have more differences than similarities.
- A trademark can be a logo, a symbol, or a design that represents the products and services of a particular manufacturer or company so that they can be easily identified by consumers.
- A trademark may represent the features of a service, the product itself, and the manufacturer or the company producing the product. You may also see software license agreements.
- Service marks is the term used as the trademark for services and other intangible products.
- A trademarked logo needs to be renewed every 10 years.
- The trademarked logo needs to be used continuously for a certain period of time or it will become void and lose its protection.
- A new trademark license agreement needs to be acquired if an existing trademarked logo needs to be changed or updated.
- A patent grants exclusive property rights to the inventor for the invention they have made.
- Having an invention patented protects it from fraud, illegal reproduction of the particular invention or from an unauthorized party from claiming the invention as theirs.
- A patent license lasts for up to 20 years.
- Patents also provide protection to machines, useful process, manuals for manufacturing, and other other new things that are useful in making improvements. This patent is called a utility patent.
- New species of plants also get patented in a plant patent.
You may also be interested in some of our sample agreements, like franchise agreements, lease agreements, and investment agreements.
Patent License Agreement with University
Printable Patent License Agreement
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Patent?
It is indeed costly to get a patent and the process also takes up a lot of time. The cost for getting a patent license agreement template varies depending on factors like its geographical application, jurisdiction, type of invention, the complexity of the invention, attorney fees, and the marketability of the said invention. Perhaps, one of the most important determining factor for the cost of the invention is the invention itself. There are also certain guidelines that inventors can use to be able to get an estimate to how much a certain patent would be. You may also find helpful patent cost calculators online that you can use. They work just like the mortgage calculator or loan calculator that you always use.
In the United States, acquiring a patent will cost around $10,000 up to $30,000 for a single patent. Internationally, the most expensive patent cost may reach up to $100,000 or higher, depending on the complexity of the invention.
FREE 10+ Horse Agreement Samples In MS Word | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Option Agreement Samples In MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Project Management Agreement Samples in DOC | PDF
FREE 20+ Distributor Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Teacher Student Agreement Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 17+ Deed of Assignment Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Land Purchase Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
10+ Hotel Management Agreement Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 18+ Car Rental Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 23+ Dealership Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 11+ Vehicle Sales Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 11+ Supply Agreement Contract Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Agreement Between Two Parties For Money Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Participant Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Study Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word