What is a trademark license agreement? In every product we purchase, we see familiar logos. These logos are the trademark of the companies producing the products and some services we see in the market. A trademark is put to the packaging of a particular product so that consumers can identify the source or the manufacturer of the said product. Trademarks are usually seen in packages, vouchers or coupons, labels, and most of the time, on the product itself.
There are a lot of companies that display their trademarks on their respective company buildings so that they would be identified. Most of the time consumers decide on what product to purchase through their trademarks as they know that the product is from a reliable source.
Trademark License Agreement Sample
Simple Trademark License Agreement
Basic Trademark License Agreement
What Is a Trademark License Agreement?
A trademark license agreement is a legal agreement wherein the trademark owner permits or gives authorization to other entities so that they can use the trademark for other products and services. Some examples would be professional sports teams authorizing clothing brands to put their names and signatures on their products. This is very common in the NBA, especially those teams that are pretty famous.
Like most agreements or legal contracts, it is not always required that a trademark license agreement be written in order to be enforceable by the law. But with the rise of a lot of fraudulent activities and for documentation purposes, it is now being recommended that this agreement be in writing and signed by both the licensor and the licensee.
International Trademark License Agreement
Nonprofit Trademark License Agreement
Printable Trademark License Agreement
Do You Need a Logo for a Trademark?
Logos are visuals and it is pretty easy for a lot of people to remember a certain product or service if they have a logo on them. A catchy logo or a unique logo is also what makes a lot of people become interested in a particular product or service. This could be one of the reasons why you need a logo, but it is not everything. There are advantages and disadvantages to this that you might want to consider. You can also see software license agreements.
- A registered trademark will let the people or your consumers know that you are serious about doing business, which makes them trust your brand or trade name more.
- The logo that you will have for your trademark will show your ownership of the products and services that your company offers.
- If a logo is trademarked, it means that it has already been copyrighted and their owners can defend or protect the company’s logo legally. That way it won’t be copied or claimed by other entities to be theirs.
- A trademarked logo can protect your company’s products from being copied or having fakes. A lot of fake designer brands are being produced and sold in the black market for a really cheap price. If these products’ logos are trademarked, then the government will take action to stop the black market trade for such products.
- Having your logo trademarked is undoubtedly expensive. You have to pay for the registration fee and all other fees involved, not to mention the amount of money you spend for having it designed. You also have to pay for the trademark’s renewal fee every 10 years.
- You need to spend quite a lot of time to have it trademarked. There are certain rules and regulations that you need to follow and requirements that you need to comply in order to get your logo trademarked. You can also see end user license agreements.
- A trademarked logo needs to be used continuously within a certain amount of time so that it will not lose the protection that it gets from the trademark.
- It is not ideal and is almost impossible to have a logo trademarked if it will only be used for a short period of time.
- If you will be making changes or if you want to update the design of the logo that you have trademark, you will need to obtain or get a new trademark registration. That means you do the whole trademarking process all over again! You can also see patent license agreements.
7+ Sample Website Development Agreement - Documents in PDF ...
70+ Agreement Examples
50+ Sample Agreement Samples
41+ Free Sample Agreements
5+ Sample Installment Agreement - Documents In PDF, Word
7+ Photography Agreement Contract Sample -Examples in Word, PDF
64+ Simple Agreements
11+ Subscription Agreement - Free Samples, Examples, Format
7+ Sample Subscription Agreement - Documents in PDF, Word
20+ Sample Agreement - Examples in PDF
5+ Installment Agreement - Free Pdf Download
35+ Free Lease Agreements
10+ Business Contract Templates - Free PDF, Word Download
10+ Sample License Agreement Template - Free Documents in PDF ...
6+ End User License Agreement - Free Pdf , Doc Download