An agreement is a mutual negotiation between two parties. When two parties create an agreement for the rental of a property, this is called a lease agreement. A lease between a landlord and a tenant requires an agreement in order to protect both parties from any misunderstanding that may occur.
It is important for both the landlord and the tenant to understand the lease purpose when going into an agreement. Also, there are various differences between a lease and a rental agreement. If you need samples to help you outline and create your lease agreement, there are downloadable samples available on this page.
What Are the Four Main Clauses of a Lease Agreement?
- Maintenance Clause – this section specifies which party is obligated to do maintenance for the duration of the lease.
- Remedy Period Clause – this refers to the period of time that a landlord is given to fix any defect the property may have.
- Refund Clause – it should always be stated in the lease agreement that a landlord shall provide a refund of the tenant’s deposit when the lease expires.
- Option to Renew Clause – if both parties have agreed to a renewal, it should clearly be indicated in the agreement.
How to Evict a Tenant Without a Rental Agreement
There are instances where both parties have not signed a rental agreement for the rental or lease of the property. If a landlord decides to evict a tenant from a property without a rental agreement, the steps are as follows:
- Ensure that you have not provided a lease or rental agreement to your tenant.
- Notify the tenant of your decision to evict them from the property.
- Avoid forcibly evicting the tenant from the said property.
If you need help in creating your document, our sample agreements and free lease agreements may be useful to you.
How to Make a Lease Agreement for a Rental Property
It is important for landlords to understand and know how to write a rental or lease agreement for the property that he/she is renting out. Creating a lease agreement for your tenants is an essential step before a property can be fully rented or leased. If you need a free confidentiality agreement, download from our samples available on this site.
- The first thing that you have to do before creating a lease agreement is to download a template. Download from our lease agreement sample available on this page.
- Write a title in your document by stating the type of agreement that you are creating.
- Write the information of the two parties such as the names of the tenant and the landlord, their addresses, and contact numbers.
- Write a detailed description of the property or asset being leased by the tenant including the address and its physical description.
- Indicate the period or the length of time wherein the tenant will be leasing the property or asset before the lease expires.
- Specify the payment terms in your agreement and include the due date for the payment and the amount that a tenant has to pay for the rental or lease of the property. Also include the payment methods through which the tenant can pay the landlord.
13+ General Partnership Agreement Samples
16+ Partnership Agreement Samples, Templates, Examples
13+ Sample Rental Agreements
14+ Rental Agreement Format Samples
17+ Sample Word Rental Agreements
16+ Rental Agreement Format Samples – PDF, Word
5+ Patent License Agreement Samples & Templates
6+ Trademark License Agreement Samples & Templates
14+ Non Disclosure Agreement Samples
10+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
9+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
19+ Simple Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
10+ Sample Standard Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, Pages, PDF
13+ Commercial Lease Agreement Samples – Word, PDF
11+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements in Word