There may come a time where you will find out that it will be best for your business to engage in a joint marketing scheme as a means of expansion and being able to focus more on the long-term goals of your business. Joint marketing typically happens when you are targeting to have better marketing strategies in partnership with another company who is looking to target the same market as you. When this does happen, you want to make sure that you prepare a joint marketing agreement.
If you are looking to come up with your very own joint marketing agreement, you might want to check out the free sample agreements that we have for you below and use them as a reference for coming up with your own agreement. We will also share with you a couple of guidelines and tips about joint marketing agreement. Check everything we have to share with you below.
Revised Joint Marketing Agreement
Blank Joint Marketing Agreement
Joint Marketing and Sales Agreement
Components of Joint Marketing Agreements
Entering a joint marketing agreement is a good idea if you want to be more cost-effective and cost-efficient. You will typically come to a decision of having a joint partnership with another company if you see that your business will gain some benefit from the joint marketing setup. One benefit that you might want to look at is being able to increase your market share so you want to have a joint marketing setup with a company that already has an established name. However, you want to make sure that you consider that you and the other company should have the same business values and objectives to ensure that you are more likely to avoid any confusion. You may also consider picking out a company that offers products that are complementary to yours. Basically, you want to be involved with a company that will fulfill the needs of the market.
Joint marketing is deemed to be a legal relationship since it is sealed with joint marketing agreements. Your basic agreement will typically outline the responsibilities that you and the other company must fulfill. It will also outline what each company will benefit from being involved in the agreement. Everything should be written in a clear and detailed manner in order to avoid any potential issues that may arise. Your agreement should also state how each company will make the products available.
Carefully Planned Process
You want to make sure that you plan out everything in a careful manner. Make sure that you consider any gaps that you may want to fill during this process. You want to make sure that you also do the same should a business approach you for a joint marketing setup. If you feel like the other company will not be a good complement to your company, then you have may want to pass from the partnership.
You may also want to make sure that you are able to take a look at the company’s financial status and stability as this matters a lot. This is because you want to make sure that the company has a good reputation.
Again, it is important that you choose a company that will be a good complement to that of your own brand or products. This way, unifying the products will definitely be easy. This means that when you choose to advertise your product in a particular store, the other company’s product will be advertised alongside yours. Basically, you want to make sure that your business will be associated with the other company’s name and vice versa.
You may want to also take a look at our Partnership Agreement Samples and Templates for more information.
Why Should You Consider Joint Marketing?
Entering a joint marketing agreement setup can help you build a new audience. Basically, the goal of both companies is to share the benefits of entering the setup and getting more leads than they used to. However, there are other ways on how two companies can carry out a joint marketing agreement. The two partners might want to host some events and split the finances. Another way is to simply be guests on each other’s websites through blogs and other write-ups.
When deciding who to partner with, make sure that you always consider the purpose and the goals of the parties involved and see whether or not they coincide with each other. You just really want to make sure that both parties involved will be satisfied and will always come to an agreement.
Sample Joint Marketing Agreement in PDF
Referral and Joint Marketing Agreement
Sample Joint Marketing Agreement Template
What to Look for in a Partner?
When you are trying to determine whether you should enter a joint marketing agreement with another business, you want to make sure that you consider the following:
- Do you have the same audience? If the answer is yes, then that business may be deemed as a good partner. If not, the value of promoting will not be worth it because his/her audience may not be interested in what you have to offer and vice versa.
- Will you get a lot of leads? Will it be worth your time? You can come up with metrics in order to determine if it will be worth it or otherwise.
- Do they know something that you do not know? Will this be beneficial to your business? You want to make sure that you are able to partner with someone who can fill in the gap between what you are currently missing to offer your market.
- Are they in good standing? Do they have a good name attached to them? You want to make sure that you will only partner with businesses who are reputable and will not tarnish the name of your business.
- Do you enjoy working with the people you are currently involved with? While joint marketing can be a job, you want to make sure that you are still having fun while doing it. So make sure that you pick partners who you will look forward to working with.
Planning a Joint Marketing Agreement
Once you have found a partner for your joint agreement, it is now time for you to plan everything you will include in your joint marketing agreement. This way, you will be able to set the expectations for the marketing projects that you both may have. With your joint marketing agreement, you will have a good guide as to what needs to be fulfilled all throughout the duration of the contract.
- Make sure that you have clear goals. Again, it is important that you and your partner are almost always on the same page to ensure that no one will get confused and that issues are going to be avoided.
- Come to an agreement regarding the topic and theme of the marketing campaign. Make sure that you both come up with topics and themes that would be beneficial for both parties involved.
- Agree on a timeline. Make sure that the timeline is achievable and realistic.
- Work as a team. Share as much information with each other in order for you and your business partner to work in unison and with zero to minimal issues in between. Assign tasks based on skills or who is good with what, to ensure that the process will go as smooth as possible.
- Make sure that you include the following in your agreement:
- The topic
- The timeline of the project
- Goals—both short-term and long-term goals
- Assignment or who will do what
- Lead sharing clauses
Ensuring that you have a simple agreement form from the very start, you will have a good guide or reference should there be something wrong or something unexpected that may happen while the agreement is still ongoing. Make sure to carefully consider what you will be including in your agreement as this can be considered as a legal document.
As a responsible businessman, you want to make sure that you always get the best bang for your buck. Every business wants to save their money. Who doesn’t want that, right? With joint marketing, you can definitely do just that as you can work with a partner company without having to cash out too much money during the process.
You have learned a couple of tips and tricks about what you can do in order to come up with a good agreement and have a smooth-sailing marketing process from start to finish. Should you be successful during this process, you are sure to gain more leads and increase our market share in the process.
Hopefully, you learned a lot from reading our article. You can find more information by check out Marketing Campaign Evaluation Samples.
Sample Business Agreement between Two Parties - 6+ Examples in ...
10+ Sample Operating Agreement - Free Sample, Example, Format ...
8+ Investment Agreements Samples & Templates in PDF
18+ Consulting Agreement Forms
11+ Sample Business Agreement - Free Sample, Example, Format ...
50 Basic Contract Templates
Consulting Contract Template - 9+ Free Sample, Example, Format
36+ Lease Agreements in PDF
49+ Lease Agreements in PDF
60+ Sample Agreements in Word
Sample Agreement Samples
Sample Consulting Agreement - 9+ Documents In PDF, Word
Sample Subordination Agreement - 8+ Example, Format
15+ Consignment Agreement Samples and Templates - PDF, Word