A freelance contracting agreement is usually done for freelance contractors on different projects who can work temporarily until such time the contract is finished. Freelance contractors work independently but may be bound by the terms of the contract until such time he or she completes the work within the span of time being specified.
Our Sample Agreements for freelancing contract come with different topics that may be helpful for users who are either clients or freelance contractors who need to know the basics of how such agreements work. These are all free for downloading on both Word Doc and PDF files.
Simple Freelance Contract Template
Freelance Project Contract Agreement
Freelance Artist Contract Agreement Example
Freelance Photographer Contract Agreement
Freelance Writer Contract Agreement PDF
Freelance contractors may either work independently or may be represented by a company or agency that act as their agents. Based on our examples being given, they may render their services in a couple of fields that include the arts and entertainment, photography, contributing writer, research, and even construction work.
Most freelance contract agreements that cover all professions have the following basic provisions included in the agreement:
- Parties – Representing both the client and contractor. Describes each party according to the nature of both their businesses and placed just below the agreement where both client’s and contractor’s names are indicated.
- Relationship – Indicating both parties’ agreement that the relationship is one that is agreed upon as independent contracting work. Also makes it clear that the client is not an employer of the contractor and the contractor is not an employee of the client. This is usually done for tax purposes to prevent both parties from being taxed beyond the nature, scope, and duration of the work being done.
- Contract Period/Duration – Specifying the duration of the contract, usually indicated on the agreement as the specified period of the work being done until terminated by both parties. This provision also indicates terms in case the contract is being violated by any one of the parties involved. Usually a written notice is forwarded to the other party 30 days before termination of agreement and may be stopped when the specified period arrives even if the work has not yet been finished.
- Details of Services Being Provided by the Contractor – The kind of work being rendered by the contractor depending on what kind of service is being rendered and the kind of project being initiated. This describes work, duties, and responsibilities that the contractor needs to do in order to render service and finish the project.
- Pay/Compensation – Client indicates how much pay is being paid to the contractor in either hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Depending on which country both parties are located in, client may deduct withholding tax and other tax considerations that are within the bounds of such agreements.
For more of our sample agreements, please check out our Sample Contract Agreements and Contractor Confidentiality Agreements that may be helpful for users who need to use such agreements as guides for drafting their own contracts.
Standard Freelance Contract Agreement
Freelance Writing Contract Agreement
Sample Freelance Contract Agreement
In case of contracting work that may pose a risk or a hazard such as construction work, clients may consider including a clause in the contract agreement requiring the freelance contractor to be insured in case of accident or injury. This to ensure any claims brought about by the accident will cover both the contractor and the client.
For more of our free samples, please check out our website or click on the link for Independent Contractor Agreements. These are all free to download for whatever purpose the user may want in relation to the examples.
FREE 10+ Horse Agreement Samples In MS Word | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Option Agreement Samples In MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Project Management Agreement Samples in DOC | PDF
FREE 20+ Distributor Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Teacher Student Agreement Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 17+ Deed of Assignment Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Land Purchase Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
10+ Hotel Management Agreement Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 18+ Car Rental Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 23+ Dealership Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 11+ Vehicle Sales Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 11+ Supply Agreement Contract Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Agreement Between Two Parties For Money Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Participant Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Study Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word