A distributor agreement is a contract between trading partners that set forth the responsibilities of both parties. The agreement is in most cases between a manufacturer or the supplier and a distributor. The distributor is appointed to market the goods and is required to purchase the goods and trade under their own name. The agreement sets out the products to be sold and the distributor’s sales targets as well as the conditions under which such distribution can be executed. Making this agreement from scratch will be a very hard task for someone especially when doing it from the very scratch. Looking into the sample Distributor Agreement sample templates here in this article will definitely be of big help to your project.
10+ Exclusive Distributor Agreement Samples
1. Exclusive Manufacturing Distributorship Agreement
2. Exclusive Distributor Agreement
3. Non-Exclusive Distributor Agreement
4. Mutual Exclusive Distributorship Agreement
5. Industry Exclusive Distributorship Agreement
6. Corporation Exclusive Distributor Agreement
7. Medical Exclusive Distributor Agreement
8. Exclusive Pharma Distributor Agreement
9. Non-Exclusive Distributorship Agreement
10. Non-Exclusive Sales Distributor Agreement
11. Sample Exclusive Distributor Agreement
Making Your Exclusive Distributor Agreement
Expand the market area of your products by appointing a distributor using this distribution agreement. This distributor agreement sets out the products to be sold and the distributor’s sales targets. You can decide whether you want the distributor to be the only seller or one of many in a specific area. You can also specify which markets or geographical areas the distributor will operate, and when and how the agreement can be terminated.
What To Include In A Distributor Agreement?
This distribution agreement covers:
- the basis of appointment (exclusive, sole or non-exclusive distributor)
- the geographical area(s)
- the duties of distributor and supplier
- the minimum purchase targets
- the price payable by distributor
- ending the agreement
When Should I Use The Distributor Agreement?
Use this distribution agreement:
- to appoint an independent distributor who buys your products and resells them in a defined geographical area
- to expand the market for your products
- to ensure you have a well-run distribution network in place
What are the differences of the distributor agreements?
An exclusive distributor is appointed to be the only distributor in the chosen territory and the supplier cannot make sales in that territory.
A sole distributor is the only distributor in a chosen territory and the supplier can make sales in that territory.
A non-exclusive distributor is not exclusive or the sole distributor. This means that the supplier can make sales and appoint other distributors in the designated territory.
What Are The Restrictions That A Supplier Can Give To The Distributor?
You can restrict the distributor from selling in areas that a supplier has reserved for itself or an exclusive distributor. In this document, you can choose to restrict the distributor engaging in competing business during the life of this agreement and for a period after the end of it.
How Can This Agreement Be Terminated?
- by giving notice. You can choose the termination notice period. You can also choose to set a ‘lock-in period’ during which no termination notice can be given.
- immediately, if the supplier or the distributor fails to remedy a material breach within a specified amount of time. A material breach occurs if there is a breach of the agreement that is not trivial and has a serious effect on the benefit that the innocent party would have otherwise derived from the contract. What is material will vary depending on the circumstances.
- If the distributor fails to achieve the minimum sales targets. You can specify in this document the notice period for the termination in such circumstances.
What is a master distributor agreement?
Master Distribution Agreement (MDA) is an agreement between an operator and their main broadline distributor. These broadline distributors function as the go-between for foodservice operators and the food manufacturers.
What is a dealership agreement?
Dealership Agreement means an oral or written agreement of definite or indefinite duration between an equipment manufacturer or service provider and an equipment or service dealer which provides for the rights and obligations of the parties with respect to the purchase or sale of such equipment or services.
What is a good distribution deal?
Ideally, a distribution deal will include global distribution of your music, data & analytics to use for marketing and setting up tours, artist funding, and some other basic label services. For those who don’t like the major record label deal, distribution deals are tasteful.
Making this document doesn’t guarantee you a smooth process because of its technicality and the lots of details that it needs to include. Utilizing the available products that we can see on the internet, and the templates that we could definitely get our ideas from will be a very wise thing to do because it will lessen the amount of task that we need to comply. This could also provide us with better Distributor Agreement ideas that we couldn’t think of by ourselves.
FREE 24+ Advertising and Marketing Agreement Templates
FREE 21+ Dealership Agreement Templates
FREE 21+ Sample Agreement
FREE 20+ Sample Sales Agreement
FREE 15+ Marketing Contract Samples
FREE 10+ Distribution Report Samples
FREE 10+ Distribution Channel Samples
Simple Agreement Templates
FREE 8+ Distributor Letter of Appointment Samples
FREE 8+ Distributor Business Plan Samples
FREE 47+ Contract Templates
FREE 30+ Company Profile Samples
FREE 11+ Sample Partnership Proposal Letter
FREE 11+ Supply Agreement Contract Samples
FREE 11+ Recording Contract Templates