Unlike a generic grant proposal or contracting agreement, a cooperative agreement involves a significant level of collaboration and joint participation in carrying out the weekly activity schedule or project case study specified in the agreement. The parties involved share responsibilities and resources and work together to achieve the project’s goal setting.
In a cooperative agreement, the government agency typically provides financial and technical support while the non-governmental organization or group of organizations provides the necessary expertise and implements the activities on the ground. The agreement outlines the terms and conditions of the collaboration, including the scope of work, budgeting sheet, reporting requirements, and performance indicators.
50+ Cooperative Agreement Samples
1. Free Cooperative Research and Development Agreement Template
2. Sample Cooperative Agreement Template
3. Division of Maintenance Cooperative Agreement Template
4. Cooperative Education Program Agreement Template
5. Interlocal Cooperative Agreement Template
6. Cooperative Agreement Application Template
7. Cooperative Agreement Template
8. Project Cooperative Agreement Template
9. Standard Cooperative Agreement Template
10. Cooperative Agreement for Growth Management Mitigation Template
11. Cross Jurisdictional Cooperative Agreement Template
12. Cooperative Agreement Form Template
13. Special Provisions Cooperative Agreement Template
14. Summer Cooperative Agreement Template
15. Limited Cooperative Agreement Template
16. Interagency Cooperative Agreement Template
17. Curricular Practical Training Cooperative Agreement Template
18. Grant and Cooperative Agreement Provisions Template
19. Cooperative Agreement For Waste Pesticide Collection Template
20. Regional Cooperative Agreement Template
21. Basic Cooperative Agreement Template
22. Cancer Cooperative Agreement Template
23. Formal Cooperative Agreement Template
24. Commercial Cooperative Agreement Template
25. Grant Cooperative Agreement Template
26. Law Enforcement Cooperative Agreement Template
27. Cooperative Agreement in PDF
28. Printable Cooperative Agreement Template
29. Cooperative Agreement Format
30. Simple Cooperative Agreement Template
31. Inter-Governmental Cooperative Agreement Template
32. Specific Cooperative Agreement Template
33. Cooperative Education Agreement Template
34. Cooperative Research Agreement Template
35. Cooperative Agreement For Sponsored Funding Template
36. Control Cooperative Agreement Template
37. Cooperative Research and Development Agreement Template
38. Cooperative Equipment Use Agreement Template
39. Cooperative and Access Agreement Template
40. Joint Cooperative Agreement Template
41. Cooperative Education Training Agreement Template
42. Application For Cooperative Agreement Preparation Template
43. Materials Cooperative Research and Development Agreement Template
44. Cooperative Agreement For Educational Counseling Internship Template
45. Cooperative Endeavor Agreement Template
46. Annual Cooperative Working Agreement Template
47. Cooperative Purchasing Service Vendor Agreement Template
48. Cooperative Agreement in DOC
49. Cooperative Purchasing Agreement Template
50. Cooperative Agreement Unit Narrative Template
51. Cooperative Marketing Loan Agreement Template
What is Cooperative Agreement?
A Cooperative Agreement is a formal partnership between the government and a non-federal entity to support a specific project or program form. The Cooperative Agreement is used by the United States government to enter into a partnership with a non-profit organization, state or local government, or a private entity. Under the operational agreement, the government provides funding or other resources to the non-federal entity to support the project or program. The agreement is different from a grant because it requires substantial involvement and collaboration between the government and the recipient in carrying out the project or program.
How To Make Cooperative Agreement?
One of the advantages of the Cooperative Agreement is that it allows the government to leverage the expertise and resources of non-federal entities to achieve its goals. By working with organizations that have experience and knowledge in specific areas, the government can ensure that projects are carried out efficiently and effectively. Making a Cooperative Agreement involves several steps that should be followed carefully to ensure that the agreement is legally sound and achieves its intended purpose. Here are the general steps for making a Cooperative Agreement:
Step 1- Identify Non-federal Identity and Scope
Determine which non-federal entity you wish to partner with on the project. This could be a non-profit organization, state or local government, or private entity. Clearly define the scope of the project and the expected outcomes. This should include the objectives of the project, the expected results, and any performance measures.
Step 2- Determine the Resources
Identify the resources needed to carry out the project, such as funding, technical assistance, or other resources. Work with legal counsel to draft the Cooperative Agreement. The agreement should include the scope of the project, the roles and responsibilities of each party, the resources to be provided, and any reporting requirements.
Step 3- Negotiate Agreements
Work with the non-federal entity to negotiate the terms of the agreement. This may involve making revisions to the agreement to ensure that both parties are in agreement on the terms. Once the agreement has been finalized, both parties should sign the agreement to make it legally binding.
Step 4- Implement the Project
Begin implementing the project according to the terms of the agreement. This may involve providing technical assistance or other support to the non-federal entity to ensure that the project is carried out according to the terms of the agreement.
Who can enter into a Cooperative Agreement with the government?
Non-federal entities, such as state or local governments, non-profit organizations, or private entities, can enter into a Cooperative Agreement with the government. The entity must have the expertise and resources to carry out the project or program.
What types of projects are eligible for Cooperative Agreements?
A wide range of projects can be supported by Cooperative Agreements, including those related to public health, education, research, and infrastructure. The project must align with the government’s mission and objectives.
How long does a Cooperative Agreement last?
The duration of a Cooperative Agreement depends on the scope and complexity of the project. Some agreements may last for several years, while others may be shorter in duration.
In conclusion, Cooperative Agreements are an important tool for the government to work with non-federal entities to achieve specific goals. The agreements require close collaboration and monitoring to ensure that the project is carried out according to the terms of the agreement and achieves its intended outcomes.
FREE 31+ Volunteer Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 31+ Confirmation Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 30+ Donation Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 33+ Project Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 26+ Research Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 20+ Buyer Agency Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 20+ Exclusive Agency Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 20+ Admission Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Direct Deposit Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 20+ Property Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 20+ Investment Advisory Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 29+ Apprenticeship Agreement Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 50+ Contractor Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 23+ Amendment to Operating Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 50+ Work Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF