The word catering is often associated with festivities and special occasions such as weddings, birthdays, etc. Caterers are the go-to people you run to when preparing food for a lot of guests is not possible to do on your own. A catering business, however, is more than just about the food. It is also about the services, personnel, and so on.
When you have a catering business, it is important to have a catering contract agreement. This is important so you have a document to hold to just in case disagreements happen along the way. We have Sample Agreements that you can use as a guide for your own catering business.
Simple Catering Contract Agreement Template
Wedding Catering Contract Agreement
Catering Services Contract Agreement
Corporate Catering Contract Agreement
Catering Contract Terms of Agreement
Catering Sales Contract Agreement in PDF
Parts of a Catering Contract
A guest eating catered food may not even think about how the food got into their plate, but there is more to catering than just that. A lot of planning and assessment happens behind the kitchen doors. When you are a catering business, you need to have a comprehensive catering contract that talks about all aspects of the products and services that you provide. Our Sample Contract Agreements are very comprehensive and easy to understand.
- General Information – This includes the name of both parties and the addresses and contact information of both. Also include the location, date, and time. Put also the number of guests, the number of courses, the menu for each course, and whether it will be a sit-down meal or a buffet.
- Pricing and Fees – Clearly lay out the estimated total cost of the reception, the deposit paid, the payment schedule, the refund and cancellation policy.
- Rentals – You may have additional supplies that you offer such as linens, silverware, china, etc. Make sure to also account for all of those.
- Staff – Include how many waitstaff is able to cater to how many guests and their attire. When you have bartenders, also lay out their flat rate.
- Others – When you have other special agreements with the client, make sure to include those. You can check out our Independent Contractor Agreements when you operate as one.
Preferred Catering Contract Agreement
Sample Event Catering Contract Agreement
Standard Catering Contract Agreement
General Catering Contract Agreement
Drafting Your Catering Contract Agreement
A lot of thought should go into making your own catering contract. It is the document you hold on to so that everything is kept in order. When drafting one, know that not a lot of people know the ins and outs of the catering process, so make sure to clearly address all aspects of the business. Below are some tips you can use when drafting an agreement.
- Include a liability policy. There may be damages to rented supplies caused by the guests or your employees. Make sure you are not held liable for those. Make it very clear in the contract, and you can consult your lawyer in making this part.
- Create a policy on what to do with the leftovers. Make sure to clearly state which party takes the leftovers. There could be health regulations associated with leftovers, so make sure to check that as well.
- Create a breach of contract policy. When there is a violation of any of the stipulations in the agreement, state how it will be addressed together with the legal fees that may be involved.
Any businesses that provides services need a good contract agreement. For instance, a construction contractor would need Construction Contractor Agreements. Catering businesses are no different, and our sample contract agreements offer a quick guide in making one.
9+ Outsourcing Services Agreement Templates – PDF, Word
9+ Restaurant Investment Agreement – PDF
12+ Customer Service SWOT Analysis Template – PDF
12+ Advertising and Marketing Agreement Template – PDF, Word
15+ Confidentiality Agreement for Consultants – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Apartment Rental Agreement Template – PDF, Word
9+ Rental Agreement Format Samples- PDF, Word
10+ Sample Room Rental Agreement Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Compensation Agreement Template – PDF
9+ Sample Commercial Truck Lease Agreements – PDF, Word, Pages
7+ Non-Disclosure Agreement Examples, Templates
7+ Sample Non-Disclosure Agreements – PDF,DOC
8+ Sample Purchase Agreements – PDF, DOC
8+ Purchase Agreements Examples & Templates
8+ Sample Loan Agreements – PDF, DOC