What is a land contract? A land contract is an agreement between two parties for the purchase of a certain property. In a land contract, the seller keeps the title of the purchased property until a buyer has paid the full amount. Both parties can agree on the payment terms and payment methods in a land contract.
A land contract, or any other contract, contains contract clauses. These contract clauses define the roles and responsibilities of both parties regarding the purchased property. There are templates for land contracts, land installment contracts, land lease contracts, etc., available on this page should you need to write one.
Sample Land Contract Template
Land Sales Contract Templates
Land Contract Form
Sample Land Contract
Land Installment Contract
How to Write a Land Contract
- The first information to write in a land contract are the names and addresses of both the seller and the buyer.
- State the terms of the contract. Both the seller and the buyer can negotiate the terms of the land contract as long as it complies with the law.
- Write the details of the said property such as the complete address.
- Negotiate the payment term, specifically the down payment and the methods a buyer can pay the seller.
- Both parties should sign the contract.
Types of Land Contracts
There are various types of land sales contract available. These contracts are used for different purposes. Here are the most common types of land sales contract available:
- Warranty Deed – A warranty deed is a type of land contract, which means that a property is free of debt and a buyer has the right to sell the property. If a problem arises, the seller must compensate the buyer.
- Quit Claim Deed – A quit claim deed is a type of contract that allows one party to transfer the rights of a particular property to another.
Standard Land Contract
Land Purchase Contract
Land Lease Contract
Simple Land Sale Contract
Advantages of Having a Land Contract
Buying a property or a home through a land contract is easier since it doesn’t require a mortgage. Getting a mortgage requires an individual to have a good credit score, making it difficult to buy a house. If you need a construction contract and a lease contract, these are also available on the links.
- Home Ownership – This is one of the advantages of having a land contract. Through a land contract, people are able to buy and own a house.
- Right to Improve the Property – Through a land contract, a buyer will have the rights to renovate and improve the property should they want to. A buyer can make changes on the property since a buyer technically already owns the property.
- Tax Benefits – Land contract agreements allow a buyer to deduct the amount of interest he or she has paid through their tax returns.
- Lending Fees – When a buyer purchases a house through a land contract, he or she doesn’t pay lender fees, which is typically required to be paid when purchasing through other lending services.
- Increase in Value – The value of a certain property increases over time. Thus, a buyer can benefit from the increase and appreciation of that particular home.
FREE 10+ Equipment Rental Contract Samples [ Heavy, Payment, Business ]
FREE 9+ Sample Legal Information Disclaimers in PDF
FREE 9+ Maintenance Schedule Checklist Samples [ Preventive, Building, Routine ]
FREE 8+ Retail Vendor Contract Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Food Vendor Contract Samples [ Truck, Service, Festival ]
FREE 10+ Event Vendor Contract Samples [ Food, Truck, Concession ]
FREE 15+ Test Plans Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 31+ Business Plan Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Apple Pages
FREE 20+ Employment Contract Samples in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 18+ Sample Construction Contracts in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | Excel
FREE 55+ Basic Contract Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 7+ Scholarship Contract Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 16+ Construction Contract Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF | Excel
FREE 9+ Training Contract Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 19+ Types of Employment Contracts in PDF | MS Word