Freelance work is becoming more and more rampant nowadays. With the Internet offering tons and tons of websites dedicated to catering to those who are interested in getting jobs, it is safe to say that anyone can easily have a job even in the comfort of their own home.
One of the best ways of protecting yourself should you wish to be a freelancer, including your time and the effort you exerted, as well as the expertise you have in the field you will be working on, it would be a good idea to have a free contract template prepared. With freelancing contracts, you will be able to provide a clear guideline about what you can provide to the company, the expected compensation for each project you have, payment terms, and benefits if there will be any. You should also ensure that the signature of the client is reflected in the contract, whether it be in e-signature form or a scanned copy. You need to remember that there is no need for a freelance contract to be complicated in format and in content.
Simple Freelance Contract Template
Freelance Video Contract Template
Freelance Contract Template
Freelance Artist Contract
Freelance Writer Contract
Writing a Freelance Contract
Here are some of the things that you need to consider when writing a freelance contract template that you will use when it comes to freelance jobs that you will end up with.
Defining the Work You Will Render
- Decide the title of your contract. The title that you will give the contract agreement template should be descriptive of what the agreement is all about. Your title should also be in bold and placed at the center of the page. Such samples of titles that you can use can be the following:
- The fields where the names of the parties involved will be specified. These fields will also be followed by the titles of the parties which will be used to refer them all throughout the rest of the contract.
- This Freelance Design Contract is made and entered into by and between, [Name of Designer] (“Designer”) and [Name of Client] (“Client”).
- The description of the services to be provided. The description can either be long or brief depending on the complexity of the job to be rendered.
- “The Designer will provide the Client with the following services:” then this can be followed by a few blank lines and spaces. This will make reusing and editing the same template easier.
- Keep everything simple. There is no need to be overly detailed. There are some items that are self-explanatory, so there is no need to expound more on these items. This means that there are items where you can make use of general and simple terms. You can also see videography contract samples.
- Mention plans and specify any technical work. This is especially true when your freelance work will require you to perform technical work or designs. You may also attach the client’s project alongside the contract template.
Specifications and Description
- The contract will also specify the compensation that you will be receiving for the specific project. This will include the basic compensation as well as any allowances that are needed throughout the duration of the project. You can also see project contract samples.
- You will also need to specify or describe the working relationship between you and the client. Specify that you are a freelance worker for the client.
- A time layout about when the project will start and the estimated time it will be done should also be specified.
- Include any clauses regarding how the contract may be terminated or canceled. Sanctions and consequences when there are missed payments or deadlines may also be included in the business contract.
- Include in the contract who will own the creations and your work after the project is done. State whether you would still want to be credited for the work you did or if you would be okay with your work being the property of the client. You can also see employee contract samples.
The Final Touches
- Determine if you will need a confidentiality agreement clause in your contract. Private stuff may include any recipes, secret formulas, or any financial information.
- Specify the law that will govern the contract. The laws that are governed are usually picked according to the state of residence of the freelancer.
- A severability clause may also be included. Should it be found that there are terms that are unenforceable by the court, other terms will remain operative. You can also see teacher contract samples.
- Include the date when the contract will start to be considered as valid.
- Include signature blocks.
- Format your contract in a way where each major sections of your contract will have numbers and subtitles in bold and aligned to the center.
Sample Freelance Contract
Standard Freelance Contract Agreement
Employee contract templates for freelancers are there to ensure that employees know what they need to do and to ensure that clients know what to expect from the freelancer’s services. This way, they would have time to make some negotiations should there be a need to do so.
16+ Simple Contract Template
7+ Photography Agreement Contract Sample
11+ Teacher Contract Template
10 Important Elements of a Contracts
7+ Sample Contract Invoice
5+ Sample Self Employment Agreement
8+ Sample Independent Contractor Agreements
Things to Always Check before Signing an Employment Contract ...
9+ Teacher Contract Templates
7+ Standard Service Contract Samples
14+ Safety Contract Templates
16+ Management Contract Templates
9+ Service Contract Form Samples
9+ Room for Rent Contracts
12+ Photography Contracts