A speech is a means of getting your ideas across to another individual or group of individuals, and is usually linked to arguments, but using only verbal cues—meaning you need to persuade the audience into listening what you have to say. It is more commonly called persuasive speech tactics, in which its main purpose of it is to gain followers or listeners to your side of the conversation.
Preparing a speech can take some time if you’re not properly motivated. Aside from lack of motivation, it could be the lack of topics or urgency that has the tendency to stall the process of thinking. There are workarounds to these stalls. To learn more, just continue reading this article.
Welcome Speech Samples
Short Welcome Speech
High School Graduation
What Is an Acceptance Speech?
Ever won an award for any activity or contest? Then you need to make an acceptance speech. What is an acceptance speech, you ask? An acceptance speech is a type of speech you use in response to receiving recognition for your efforts. It is a way to respond to the community or the audience for selecting you as the winner or for motivating you to win. Similar to how an introduction speech is used for, it is a means of thanking certain people like your trainers or teachers or other influential members of your life.
How to Start Presenting a Speech
If ever you have to start making a speech, it is without a doubt that you will have to present it. So how do you present a speech? Well, presenting a speech is as simple as just talking. However, instead of talking to just one person, it will be you talking to a whole audience. And not just talking, you must share insightful and important information as well. And what goes great with a speech is a PowerPoint presentation of your speech. This is quite useful in giving you some last-minute additions to your speech, because it will remind you of certain ideas you had when making the presentation. To review, you need the following:
- A reason for presenting your speech
- Some PowerPoint presentations
- Creative thinking
Good speech examples usually tell you a common thing when it comes to presenting your speech, and that is to be as confident as you can and not be afraid of sharing your thoughts.
Staff Farewell Party Speech
Thank You Speeches
Wedding Thank You
Birthday Thank You
Graduation Thank You
Here Are Some Speech Writing Tips
Good speech examples are so hard to find nowadays. It is known that making a speech can be quite dull or sometimes boring. Just follow these steps and you will start writing your speech in no time:
- Identify your topic. If you have a free choice on what your topic can be about, that will simplify most of the problems; however, if you cannot select your own topic and stuck with a fixed one, then your best bet would be to follow the next step.
- View your assigned topic as your favorite topic. How? One way would be to research and identify similarities between your favorite topic and the topic you’re assigned with. Once you start connecting them together, you will be able to notice that you are starting to become intrigued with the topic.
- Now that you are mentally prepared to write the speech, it is now time to write the speech. Start off with the introduction. As we all know, an introduction is the portion of the speech in which you will greet the audience and identify yourself to the audience as well as a short summary of your speech.
- The body of the speech. Basically you will add as much information about the topic you learned and what you find interesting about it. The choice of adding the parts that you like will allow you to expand that idea and actually causing you to write more about that topic. However, The body must contain the purpose of the speech, so you must focus on the main topic of the speech as well.
- The closing remarks. The closing remark will consist what’s basically a short recap to what your speech was about. Aside from being a recap, it is also a means to let your audience know that you are ending your speech, and you should also include in the closing remarks some reminders and then greet your guests out.
Birthday Speech Samples
50th Birthday Speech
What to Say in a Farewell Speech
Ever heard the saying, “All good things must end”? Well, odds are if you’re with your schoolmates on a trip to a graduation party or event, then there will be a speech. What kind? A farewell speech. A farewell speech is basically a type of speech you make to thank everyone present and to wish them all a good life. This is done with the thought of the possibility of not seeing them ever again, and this usually causes the speech to become quite emotional to both the speaker and the audience.
Any good speech will need a good introduction, and good introduction speech examples are a common thing here on this site. Just search or browse for it and you will learn how to make a good introduction for your speech in no time.
How to Present an Award Speech
Presenting an award speech is quite simple. An award speech is just a means of congratulating someone for an achievement they have earned. The best way to present an award speech would be to introduce the awardee, identify the awards that person has earned, and explain how that person has earned that award, then allow the awardee to say their own speech. Award speeches are quite common, especially during graduations. Graduation speech examples are quite a common thing researched by instructors and teachers because teachers are also students in life.
Business Speech Examples
Debate Speech Samples
Employee Service Award
Retirement Speech for Boss
Job Speech Samples
Dos and Don’ts of Presenting a Speech
- Always match the contents of the speech to the mood of the occasion.
- Always create a PowerPoint presentation.
- Always be confident when talking.
- Dress to impress.
- Never start the speech with a long stammer.
- Avoid staring blankly away from the audience.
38+ Sample Amazing Event Ticket Templates – PSD, AI, Word
12+ Vehicle Lease Agreement Templates to Download
14+ Vehicle Lease Agreement Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
7+ Sample Vehicle Lease Agreement Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
15+ Boarding Pass Samples – PDF , PSD , Vector, AI, Word
13+ Sample Non Compete Agreements – PDF, Word
13+ Sample Non Compete Agreement Templates to Download
12+ Non Compete Agreement Samples, Examples, Templates
9+ Family Genogram Samples – PDF, Word
16+ Sample Non Disclosure Agreements
15+ Best Printable Envelope Templates
33+ Sample Concert Ticket Templates – PSD, Ai, EPS, Word
17+ Sample Blank Ticket Templates – PSD, AI, Word
17+ Sample Service Level Agreement Templates – PDF, Word, Pages
18+ Service Level Agreement Samples