If you have been getting an impressive array of grades, then your professors or advisers might have recommended that you apply for a scholarship. Finding this post, you may already have a grasp of how stressful and rigorous scholarship applications can be. You need to be exacting with your qualifying documents, and you may have to procure letters of recommendation.
In large part, though, this is all due to the scholarship essay that is required of you, and the make or break character to your scholarship essay can definitely be overwhelming and frightening. To help ease your fear are these 7+ Sample Scholarship Essays and other Sample Essays.
Sample Scholarship Application Essay
Scholarship College Admission Essay in PDF
Free Scholarship Personal Essay
Formatting Your Scholarship Essay
A scholarship essay is typically
- font-sized 12;
- in Times New Roman;
- double spaced;
- with one-inch margins on all sides of the paper; and
- printed on A4-sized bond papers.
Follow all this, of course, unless the scholarship program you are applying to specifies a certain set of formatting guidelines.
Writing Your Scholarship Essay
You may be getting straight As and you may have an impressive set of honors and awards on your belt, but to successfully land a scholarship program, you need to be of impressive character and conduct too. This is what your scholarship essay should demonstrate. It is what the scholarship program or committee should be able to take and determine from your composition.
As such, an open-ended scholarship essay is practically unheard of. The application committee typically asks for any of these usual topics, designed to know more about you:
- A work of literature that had immense impact on your life. Quite like an analysis essay, you are dissecting the gist and elements to a certain book, play, or poem. For reference, see these Analysis Essay Examples. You are delving deeper, however, by relating your chosen work of literature to your life: how it has moved you or how it has changed your perspective of things.
- A person that you look up to. Other times, they will ask you to talk about a person in your life whose characteristics and/or achievements you admire and seek to emulate.
- A life-changing experience. Did you spend a summer volunteering for a local charity? Did it help you identify with an advocacy or a personal pledge? Write about it.
In your scholarship essay, you are essentially selling an idea. This idea is of your character; that this qualifies you for your desired scholarship program. It should therefore have the persuasive quality that these Argumentative Essay Samples have.
Accounting Scholarship Essay Example
Professional Scholarship Essay Personal Statement
Scholarship Rubric Essay to Download
Printable Scholarship Essay Do’s & Don’ts
Sample Scholarship Essay Outline
Admission to college likewise requires a composition from you, usually asking of the same topics as the ones listed above. For instance in these College Essay Samples.
For college essays or scholarship essays, it is important to remember that submissions come aplenty. Thus, for a moving, stand-out scholarship essay, it is exceedingly important to
- allot ample time for your composition;
- give it due preparation and thought with the help of the samples on this post; and
- be personal, genuine, and sincere.
7+ Evaluation Essay Examples
11+ Essay Samples in Word
9+ Leadership Essay Examples
7+ Sample Student Essays
9+ Literary Essay Examples
6+ Sample Scholarship Application Essays
7+ Academic Essay Samples
5+ Self-Assessment Essay Samples
8+ School Essay Samples
7+ Informative Essay Examples
7+ College Essay Examples
9+ Scholarship Essay Examples
9+ College Essay Examples
7+ Analysis Essay Examples
7+ College Essay Samples